Has anyone tested current racing wheels on the PS4?PS4 

• Thread starter chomomola
  • 100 comments
Has anybody asked codemasters? I take it f1 2014 is coming to ps4, so are they going to make drivers for current wheels on ps4?

All I have seen is some blog post claiming they will work. I was looking for something more concrete. Considering codemasters make mostly racing games they would be the best people to ask.

All I have seen is some blog post claiming they will work. I was looking for something more concrete. Considering codemasters make mostly racing games they would be the best people to ask.
Ok, don't believe the director of Driveclub then...

Col Rodgers was the gentleman that stated that and no longer is the producer. So now what he stated in the past may no longer be true.
I bet that's the first thing the new director wanted, remove wheel support of the game. Until anything is formally announced all we can do is go off the info we've been given which is that wheel support is up to the developer and wheel manufacturer.

I bet that's the first thing the new director wanted, remove wheel support of the game. Until anything is formally announced all we can do is go off the info we've been given which is that wheel support is up to the developer and wheel manufacturer.

Im not saying the new director would want to remove it. Just saying he would not be obligated to back up what the guy said that doesn't work there anymore.We don't know if they have established compatibilty or if it's something still in the works that may no longer be a priority, however being a Fanatec owner i sure hope it is! :cheers:

I'm currently deciding weather to buy a fanatec wheel or the thrustmaster t500 to play on PC/ps3/and ps4 can anyone recommend which I should get?

I'm currently deciding weather to buy a fanatec wheel or the thrustmaster t500 to play on PC/ps3/and ps4 can anyone recommend which I should get?
If you want to play on PS4 no one can guarantee your wheel will work on this console.
You just have to hope and good luck.

Not the best scenario if you ask me.

Last edited:
I'd suggest buying a T500 for guaranteed use with PS3 and pc, and possible use with PS4. Don't go in with what you hope, go in with what you know.

I say T500 over Fanatec, purely on the motors. If we play the percentage game, Fanatec does not do too well. As in, percentage of purchase price that would be needed to buy the motor(s) on their own. Thrusmaster spend roughly ten times the percentage on their motor for the T500 vs Fanatec on the CSW. Approximately 15% vs approximately 1.5%. That does not even factor in the fact that the Thrustmaster package includes the pedals.

Hi guys,

I belong to a Company GamingEvents.pt and we organize live events! We have a kind of agreement with Logitech, they support us with racing wheels when we organize racing sim events. And the Marketing Director of Portugal and Spain, gave almost 100% sure that PS4 will not support PS3 racing wheels, and that Logitech will introduce a new product in the end of the year.

So i think it's all guesses, but i trully hope this wont happen.

We've tried the Thrustmaster T100, and i wouldn't want it even for free, in one event we had 4 and 3 burned the FF. So not guessing that the T80 DRIVECLUB is any better.

I think, that like many things, Gaming is a network of lobbying, and what better way to launch new products then not having compatibility with older products?!

We'll have to wait and see guys...

I'd suggest buying a T500 for guaranteed use with PS3 and pc, and possible use with PS4. Don't go in with what you hope, go in with what you know.

I say T500 over Fanatec, purely on the motors. If we play the percentage game, Fanatec does not do too well. As in, percentage of purchase price that would be needed to buy the motor(s) on their own. Thrusmaster spend roughly ten times the percentage on their motor for the T500 vs Fanatec on the CSW. Approximately 15% vs approximately 1.5%. That does not even factor in the fact that the Thrustmaster package includes the pedals.
Thank you I was going towards the thrustmaster due to the f1 Ferrari wheel upgrade I better get some overtime in to pay for it!!

Not much hope of seeing new drivers for Logitech wheels since they've said that they are pulling out of the gaming peripheral market.

Not much hope of seeing new drivers for Logitech wheels since they've said that they are pulling out of the gaming peripheral market.
Couldn't someone else make the drivers. Fanatec uses the same drivers as the g25 don't they. Couldn't they just produce them.

Couldn't someone else make the drivers. Fanatec uses the same drivers as the g25 don't they. Couldn't they just produce them.
I don't know, possibly. It's all a bit too techno for me. I was reading in the Project Cars physics thread that the problem basically lies with the fact that the PS4's architecture is very different to the PS3's, and that is why new drivers are needed. It's not just a matter of developers providing support for the wheel, but the wheel manufacturers need to make new drivers for the new systems and that is why I've doubts about Logitech. I hope you're right though as I have a G25 & it's in great working condition, so don't fancy shelling out for a new wheel.

Hi guys,

I belong to a Company GamingEvents.pt and we organize live events! We have a kind of agreement with Logitech, they support us with racing wheels when we organize racing sim events. And the Marketing Director of Portugal and Spain, gave almost 100% sure that PS4 will not support PS3 racing wheels, and that Logitech will introduce a new product in the end of the year.

We've tried the Thrustmaster T100, and i wouldn't want it even for free, in one event we had 4 and 3 burned the FF. So not guessing that the T80 DRIVECLUB is any better.

I think, that like many things, Gaming is a network of lobbying, and what better way to launch new products then not having compatibility with older products?!

PS4 is a good console with a powerful graphics card, so it would be the easy choice for someone that doesn't want to bother with a gaming pc IF our wheels would work on it that is. I've been checking out PC specs to see what you would need to have a pc on par with the next gen consoles, and at the moment if you want something comparable it's probably a minimum of 500€...

But seeing that the possibility is there to make PS4 compatible with some good will from both Sony and wheel companies like Fanatec; if they decide to try to force us into buying a new wheel just for the **** of it, none of those 2 will get my money and i will invest in a pc and play with my old wheel.

Just a scheme i cannot accept if they go ahead and deny us the possibility :irked:

I know adaptors tend to be a dirty word when talking about wheels, but the CronusMAX seems to be the most enticing answer. There is still no official support for wheels (they are finishing off PS4 support first), but already the community have managed to get Logitech G25/27 and the Fanatec GT2 wheel and pedals working with the Xbone, with rumble and no deadzone. There's a lot more work to be done, such as getting the console to realise there is a wheel attached and not a pad, but it's early days. PS4 wheel support will be there too.

Gamespot managed for USD 550,- http://www.gamespot.com/articles/can-we-build-a-gaming-pc-on-a-console-budget/1100-6418829/

By the time all the cool racing games/sims come out, it will most likely be even cheaper. And not even mentioning if you need a new wheel.
Thanks for the link 👍, yes indeed having patience is always rewarding, and seeing i only want to make the switch come November (PCARS), for sure there will be more possibilities.

I know adaptors tend to be a dirty word when talking about wheels, but the CronusMAX seems to be the most enticing answer. There is still no official support for wheels (they are finishing off PS4 support first), but already the community have managed to get Logitech G25/27 and the Fanatec GT2 wheel and pedals working with the Xbone, with rumble and no deadzone. There's a lot more work to be done, such as getting the console to realise there is a wheel attached and not a pad, but it's early days. PS4 wheel support will be there too.
Let's see how these adapters turn out in the end, but it's also a matter of principle in a way; the console manufacturers and i get the impression also the wheel manufacturers (if they refuse to make drivers), want to scam us into buying a new wheel and i don't like this one bit. So i would even prefer going pc just for that matter, not even mentioning the other advantages pc gaming has.

We've tried the Thrustmaster T100, and i wouldn't want it even for free,

The T100 is the best wheel, I've tried them all--have won over 1000 online races in past 90 days.

Hi guys,

this is impossible, Logitech quit wheels market since an year alread but it is still selling wheels already in stock/retailers. Now way the'll launch a new wheel.

Back