Has GT6 been hacked already?

I don't particularly care if people mod their gamesaves, What I do care about is joining a room and having some nitwit blow past me in a 2,000BHP honda civic or something in what is SUPPOSED to be legitimate racing.

That's what irks me.

If they host their own room and actually name it something like "hybrid room" and play in it with their cars then I don't see the problem.

I don't particularly care if people mod their gamesaves, What I do care about is joining a room and having some nitwit blow past me in a 2,000BHP honda civic or something in what is SUPPOSED to be legitimate racing.

That's what irks me.

If they host their own room and actually name it something like "hybrid room" and play in it with their cars then I don't see the problem.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::gtpflag::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::gtpflag::bowdown:

I can confirm this game has been hacked. I play with a user who has 49 million credits and has several chassis swapped cars and also has done engine swaps successfully

I dont know if it works in gt6, as I haven't come across any hackers yet, but on gt5 to keep out the extreme hp hybrids I just turned on fuel consumption and tire wear. The million hp x2010 consumed the entire fuel load about 0.02 seconds after exiting the pits/crossing the start line and was limited to 30mph regardless of the million hp. If you want to get rid of all noobs and most trolls just turn off all driving aids, activate real traction, heavy damage, heavy penalty, fuel consumption, tire wear, no boost, realistic draft, and top it off with weight/hp/pp restrictions and NO TUNING ALLOWED. Drive a car for what it is, not what you can mod it to be.

Last edited:
I dont know if it works in gt6, as I haven't come across any hackers yet, but on gt5 to keep out the extreme hp hybrids I just turned on fuel consumption and tire wear. The million hp x2010 consumed the entire fuel load about 0.02 seconds after exiting the pits/crossing the start line and was limited to 30mph regardless of the million hp. If you want to get rid of all noobs and most trolls just turn off all driving aids, activate real traction, heavy damage, heavy penalty, fuel consumption, tire wear, no boost, realistic draft, and top it off with weight/hp/pp restrictions and NO TUNING ALLOWED. Drive a car for what it is, not what you can mod it to be.
Or just use the HP limits that come with every open lobby?:ouch:

That's what the solution should be. PD doesn't need a de facto ban against hackers.

Or just use the HP limits that come with every open lobby.
Or, just ban the hackers. There are no gifted hacked cars. Banning is the easiest way.

Plus it would send a great message to those considering hacking the game.

Or, just ban the hackers. There are no gifted hacked cars. Banning is the easiest way.

Plus it would send a great message to those considering hacking the game.
And how exactly do you definitively identify hackers outside of those with outrageously powered cars?

And how exactly do you definitively identify hackers outside of those with outrageously powered cars?

Wat?

You don't think that they can't tell if you have a hacked car?

Any non-hacked car has attributes available in the game, attributes created by PD.

Hacked cars don't.

Less and less johnny...

Wat?

Any non-hacked car has attributes available in the game, attributes created by PD.

Hacked cars don't.

Less and less johnny...
So you want game check your save data everytime you upload it from usb or everytime it changes(Auto save) ?
There is only one or two problem with that smart thinking, there isn't straight save data editing happening...

So you want game check your save data everytime you upload it from usb or everytime it changes(Auto save) ?
There is only one or two problem with that smart thinking, there isn't straight save data editing happening...

They could easily find the hackers, and then ban them.

There is no gifting of cars. So every owner of a hacked car is a hacker.

I would be happy to endure a one time check of my garage for hacked cars, if it meant the hackers would be banned.

They could easily find the hackers, and then ban them.

I would be happy to endure a one time check of my garage for hacked cars, if it meant the hackers would be banned.
PD is no rush patch hacks yet since those doesn't affect online so bad yet. Atleat I think so...
I think they add first promised features and then patch hacks and that's right order to do things..

There may not be gifting, but there is save resigning. Many people have requested CFW users make stanced cars, drivetrain swapped cars etc on their behalf, due to a lack of tools (and realistic in-game modification options) available to OFW users. So no, not everyone with a hybrid is a hacker.

Given that it's all done on CFW in realtime, the game would need to check the entire garage every time you even tune a car, a "one time check" will do precisely 🤬 all to the creators. What it will actually do is take up system resources to a degree that it'll either crash the game, or even overheat your console.

Also, what if PD suddenly added gifting tomorrow? Imagine this scenario: A friend receives a seemingly ordinary car. Unknown to him, there are turbos, suspension and other components that aren't visually blatant. This person then sends it to you to try out. Under your "one time check" you would also get a ban.

This is why it cannot be implemented by PD, in my opinion.

Wat?

Hacked cars don't.

Less and less johnny...
Why have they not just repeated the same process they went through in GT5 that reset cars back to "normal"? Whether they ban people or not is a separate issue but they certainly have the ability to do what they did with GT5 so I wonder why nothing has happened to date. They've only added 100 or so unique cars since GT5, I would think someone could update the old program over the weekend and they could send it out unannounced as a hotfix.

So why isn't it done? This is why I don't buy into the argument that hybrids are affecting the release of major features in the game. The fix has already been created for GT5 and only requires minor updating. If they want to do a reset and then issue a warning that if it happens again they'll start banning people I think everyone would be happy with that. But something else is going on here, what I don't know, but I have my suspicions.:sly:

Why have they not just repeated the same process they went through in GT5 that reset cars back to "normal"? Whether they ban people or not is a separate issue but they certainly have the ability to do what they did with GT5 so I wonder why nothing has happened to date. They've only added 100 or so unique cars since GT5, I would think someone could update the old program over the weekend and they could send it out unannounced as a hotfix.

So why isn't it done? This is why I don't buy into the argument that hybrids are affecting the release of major features in the game. The fix has already been created for GT5 and only requires minor updating. If they want to do a reset and then issue a warning that if it happens again they'll start banning people I think everyone would be happy with that. But something else is going on here, what I don't know, but I have my suspicions.:sly:

My guess : PD is surveying and collecting data on hybrids created that goes online, they sure see everything that goes on their servers. Maybe Kaz is thinking of fulfilling our wishes, turbo and supercharger upgrades on all cars, engine swaps, more tuning freedom, who knows, GT6 spec 2.0 or GT7 with Forza customization :P

My guess : PD is surveying and collecting data on hybrids created that goes online, they sure see everything that goes on their servers. Maybe Kaz is thinking of fulfilling our wishes, turbo and supercharger upgrades on all cars, engine swaps, more tuning freedom, who knows, GT6 spec 2.0 or GT7 with Forza customization :P
If you were Kaz, would you survey and collect data from a bunch of PS Cowboys, or would you just have someone look into Forza Forums for example and see what everyone is doing over there? It would make no sense to gather information from people who have jailbroken PS3's and who are likely to create hybrids as much for attention getting as for performance.

If you were Kaz, would you survey and collect data from a bunch of PS Cowboys, or would you just have someone look into Forza Forums for example and see what everyone is doing over there? It would make no sense to gather information from people who have jailbroken PS3's and who are likely to create hybrids as much for attention getting as for performance.

I would think that PD would want to know what most modders do with the cars, what sort of mods done outside game limitation. I am sure Kaz also aware of Forza customization, maybe he has forza stashed in the basement in his house :lol:

I would think that PD would want to know what most modders do with the cars, what sort of mods done outside game limitation. I am sure Kaz also aware of Forza customization, maybe he has forza stashed in the basement in his house :lol:
Not buying it sorry. You and I both know Kaz doesn't like anything too far from centre with the GT series that he can't control. Look at customization. It took 6 iterations of the full game to be able to modify rear wings, when Forza has had a full on livery editor for many years now. If hybriding ever occurs in GT it'll start with something simple, like a few available motor swaps and not much more.

The best hack would be to put GT6's physics into GT5. Now that's a game I'd really wanna play! :D

That's what irks me.

The guy in the 2000 BHP Civic doesn't irk me at all. That guy is announcing he's cheating and it's obvious and he gets booted and laughed at. It's the guy modding in a few extra BHP that should irk you. Mods just enough to dominate, but not enough that it's plainly obvious like the guy in the crazy civic doing 500 MPH. So you end up with a situation where everyone is a suspect that wins a race, lots of false accusations thrown around, lots of true accusations thrown around. This is one area where Turn 10 has it right. They're not going to tolerate anyone hacking their game online at all.

VBR
The best hack would be to put GT6's physics into GT5. Now that's a game I'd really wanna play! :D

Can someone hack in the leaderboards from GT5P while they're at it? 👍

The guy in the 2000 BHP Civic doesn't irk me at all. That guy is announcing he's cheating and it's obvious and he gets booted and laughed at. It's the guy modding in a few extra BHP that should irk you.
You can't just mod in a few extra BHP it doesn't work like that. PP is a calculation not a fixed number. Adding HP increases PP and you won't make the regs. If you swap a chassis you get the PP from the new chassis. If you swap engines you get the PP from the new engine based on it's torque and power curves.

I think a check on hybrids in online rooms shouldn't be hard. The game already checks whether a car matches the room's regulation when you try going to the track in said room. Surely it would be pretty easy to add an extra check at that same point, comparing the data of the car in question with what it should be?

This would be extra useful, since unlimited rooms would still allow for hybrids to exist, satisfying both sides.

Engine and chassis swaps may effect pp but that doesn't mean you can keep them under regulation. I have said this before and I will say it again. Some cars just go better than others regardless of weight and Hp. Some cars just handle better, regardless of weight and balance. For instance in GT5. The miura at 500 pp was damn fast on the straights around the ring. But it handled like crap. Throw the NSX type R chassis into it and sure the pp was effected but now you have a car that goes like hell and handles better than 99% of the other Street cars in the game. I had one. It was SECONDS faster than any other top contending car and I wasn't even pushing it that hard.

Last edited:
Back