has someone tried the Wireless Speed Wheel ?

• Thread starter Nigo
  • 10 comments
I know it's not the right section, but since this wheel is mostly intended to F4 users and sold with it in a pack, I thought I had better chances here

I like the idea of the wheel, but I have no idea how good it is. Anyway, I ordered it, so I'll give you my impressions ;)

As a matter of fact, I did today. Took some getting used to at first, but turned out to be a lot of fun in the end. It surely isn't for serious play, but being able to sit back on the couch, while still being able to use a wheel (sort of) has something going for it. I'm actually going to get a second one now, that's how much I, or rather we (my wife and I), liked it.

Hello,

I got mine today
I absolutely agree. It perfectly fills the gap between the pad and a (real) wheel. I love it :)
I hope it will work on PC (with the wireless receptor)

I strained my accelerator knuckle (right index) finishing off World Tour last night so I'm going to give this Speed Wheel a try.

Either they're selling pretty well or my local Game shop sucks at ordering as they'd completely sold out. As for HMV they must be getting out of the games business as they'd never heard of them. Luckily my local shop (200 yds from front door) is doing them for around forty pounds.

Last edited:
I tried it at Bestbuy and after a minute of play I pushed pause and put the wheel back. With no resistance or feedback, you hold the wheel in the air hoping its the appropriate angle, or your screwed. Get a wheel!

Logiforce wrote a nice mini review about a week ago. Its a few pages back in the sim hardware forums.

I played with it at a Game Expo last Friday and tbh I didn't really like it. It took a lot of getting used to with manual and I preferred the controller (although I wasn't able to use it).
Actually, I preferred the Fanatec Set-Up with triple screens and triple XBoxes :P

I strained my accelerator knuckle (right index) finishing off World Tour last night so I'm going to give this Speed Wheel a try.

Either they're selling pretty well or my local Game shop sucks at ordering as they'd completely sold out. As for HMV they must be getting out of the games business as they'd never heard of them. Luckily my local shop (200 yds from front door) is doing them for around forty pounds.

Didn't take me more than 5 minutes to get the hang of the Speed Wheel. To me it is much easier than trying to make small adjustments with thumb steering and the feedback is not anymore or less than a standard controller. The Speed Wheel is very smooth and the vertical angle you hold it is not very critical. It's not a "replacement" for a wheel, but an alternative. Some say it is hard to hold your arms in air for any length of time but I don't see that at all - maybe after hours but never tried it that long in one sitting. You don't have to hold this wheel much different than a stantard controller - arms don't have to be reaching out in front.

Note: And this is coming from a Fanatec CSR user. It's an alternative when my wheel is connected to my PC or PS3.

To me, I find the speed wheel faster and easier then the Microsoft racing wheel. The steering imputs you put in are very accurate ingame. There currently is a bug in the game that makes vibrations nonexistent, but there is a temporary solution to fix it. IMO the speed wheel was worth it for me, its easier to use, easier to put away/store, and its very comfortable. I'd recommend it!

Hmm I have a Fanatec too but was thinking of this device for my little lad.

Has anyone thought of a mod which would allow this thing to be mounted to a Surface?

To me it is much easier than trying to make small adjustments with thumb steering and the feedback is not anymore or less than a standard controller
agreed !
the key word is precision, not immersion. I understand why one might prefer the pad, however the biggest problem with the pad in Forza 4 is that you have a LOT less control of the direction (I don't know why no review mention it, but the direction is heavily assisted with the pad, even in "simulation steering" mode). But obviously if you used another "fixed" wheel to play those games, you have no need of this one

oh, and BTW, it does work fine on PC ;)

Last edited:
Back