hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,004 comments
10176015_542710065846424_6695808977722782995_n.jpg

I didn't know about that kind of car. Apologies.

Have you been living under a rock for the past 10 years? Gassers have had a huge come back, they're the absolute in thing lately. Hell I cannot fathom how are you posting in this thread without knowing what the gasser style is.

Also, that Jaguar is not a "dragster in secret", just looking at the rear tires give it away.

true Dragster in secret:

Picture-14.jpg

it's engine, the thing goes low 9s all day and is street driven thanks to it's twin fuel systems:
hrdp_0611_02_z1972_chevy_novatwin_supercharged_ls2.jpg

Have you been living under a rock for the past 10 years? Gassers have had a huge come back, they're the absolute in thing lately. Hell I cannot fathom how are you posting in this thread without knowing what the gasser style is.

Also, that Jaguar is not a "dragster in secret", just looking at the rear tires give it away.

true Dragster in secret:

Picture-14.jpg

it's engine, the thing goes low 9s all day and is street driven thanks to it's twin fuel systems:
hrdp_0611_02_z1972_chevy_novatwin_supercharged_ls2.jpg

Even more so, street legal 3,000 horsepower Mustang, though the tires, wing and parachute do kinda give it away.

3-000-hp-mustang.jpg

Missing the point, that thing is SO obviously a drag car. And also yet ANOTHER excuse for you to post a freaking Mustang. The thing is awesome, though.

I didn't post it because Mustang lol, I posted it because ridiculous. If there was another car packing that much heat that was street legal I'd be posting it too :lol:

During the past 10 years. surely a year ago or so you were reading about hot rods and such?
Perhaps 5 years ago or 6. Not 10.

American Hot Rods and Over Haulin' were teh thing I had to watch on Discovery channel.As for American Hot Rods, I still miss this guy. If wasn't for Boyd...I still remember his amazing hot rod.

Yes, you have a fair point. When I was way young, I was not into hot rods of the sort. I had school, videogames and watching any channel that interested me. I used to love cars since as a child, when it comes to cool ones.

I still remember in my very first house, long ago, I heard some pure v8 sound in the road, I was curious to see outside the windows, back in the 2000's There was a Cobra 60's But it was only one that one day.

Yes, you have a fair point. When I was way young, I was not into hot rods of the sort. I had school, videogames and watching any channel that interested me. I used to love cars since as a child, when it comes to cool ones.

I still remember in my very first house, long ago, I heard some pure v8 sound in the road, I was curious to see outside the windows, back in the 2000's There was a Cobra 60's But it was only one that one day.

I grew up in the scene. At a young age I associated V8's and their roar with power and speed. When I learned they put V8's in cars, I was stunned because I knew how fast my dad's pickup was (used to be these days). The first time I saw a classic Mustang, I fell in the love with the body style. Found out they used dad's motor....and, well let's just say it was a match made in heaven. That's kinda why I have my bias today, because of that association at a young age. If you wanted power and speed, you bought a V8 and anything else sounded silly and wimpy. I know that's not the case now (because I've since grown up and got into the scene), but for a long time, that's how I thought things were because I didn't know any different at that age. Being around muscle cars frequently, I grew attached. When I was old enough to start getting a serious interest, I started researching the hell out of the internet and I remember when there wasn't a ton of information out there (for the most part), at least compared to today.

I will bet money there's almost no smog laws for a car that old anywhere in the states. Cali I think only goes back to 74 and they are the worst.

Maybe for cars newer than 74.

I'm almost positive nothing older than that is required anywhere in the US.

Not much to put on an old car to make it emissions legal anyways.

Back