hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,007 comments
Heres a car that was custom to begin with, it was only ever a drag car
sorry if its a bit pic heavy
All of these scimitar drag cars are the same car just slightly later in life in each picture
DRAGSE_3.jpg

john woolfe and Dennis Priddle drove this car from 1968/69 when reliant gave them a new gte shell to race with, the car was powered with a 427 chevy and did 10.40's at 140mph
sizzler.jpg

The John Woolfe racing team gained a sponsorship deal with Hot Wheels and the JWR "Whistler" Scimitar became know as the "Sizzler" and was now being driven by Ed Shaver and Dennis Priddle.

EctasyScimitar.jpg

Ed Shaver purchased the "Whistler" scimitar and with help they modified the bodywork to incorporate the new chassis with a 101" wheelbase it was a nitro car with a Chrysler 392 in it. he was awaiting sponshorship and didn't so he sold the car
hillbillies3.jpg

The Hillbillies team Roland Pratt, Mike Derry and Gerald Haines bought the "Ecstacy" car from Ed Shaver. Pass Cuss set about modifying the bodywork making it even longer and lower and it got sponsorship

then theres a bit of a blank spot in time and this is the last picture of the car to date
ScimCharger.jpg

I'm just trying to wrap my head around them tires...
Here's the II. I have pictures of myself with this car. The engine is a 351W based 393 stroker topped with a 950 Holley and makes 540hp at the wheels. Its backed by a C4 transmission with a 5,800rpm stall and shortened 9" rear with 35 spline axles and 4:30 gears. It has a complete interior with a full cage inside.

prostreet-2.jpg
prostreet-1.jpg

prostreet-3.jpg

Here's the full article on it. At the time the best time was 10.95 @ 132mph but it's since gone 10.1 @ 134mph since I've seen it.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/ebay-find-1976-mustang-ii-pro-street-race-car/

The tires, of course they could just be swapped out.
See above.

Here's the II. I have pictures of myself with this car. The engine is a 351W based 393 stroker topped with a 950 Holley and makes 540hp at the wheels. Its backed by a C4 transmission with a 5,800rpm stall and shortened 9" rear with 35 spline axles and 4:30 gears. It has a complete interior with a full cage inside.

136198776138.jpg

I kid, I kid :lol:

Seriously though, that's a badass car. If only it looked better...

I am still trying to wrap my head around that pickup truck with its engine on the cargo bed. Talk about leaving a V8 out on the open...

And speaking of V8s, dear Christ @AnthonyD1993, that is an insane drag Camaro! What is that huge engine? It can't be a small displacement engine, that's for sure...

I am still trying to wrap my head around that pickup truck with its engine on the cargo bed. Talk about leaving a V8 out on the open...
Always wanted to do that...

What I wanted to do though was come up with a switch in which I can switch (:sly:) between two different engines and two different transmissions on the same car.

Fantasy but who knows...

136198776138.jpg

I kid, I kid :lol:

Seriously though, that's a badass car. If only it looked better...
Its not bad, I actually have videos of that car making runs at the local 1/8th mile strip. This was one of the fastest passes I've seen it make. The owner is a super nice guy.

There supposedly is a guy that owns a street legal high 7 second quarter mile Fox-Body a town over from me, but I have never saw the car in person. It's a shame too cause I figured that the guy would bring it to my hometown to show it off at one of the car shows my hometown puts on during the summer. I mainly figured that since it's about a 10-15 minute drive.

There supposedly is a guy that owns a street legal high 7 second quarter mile Fox-Body a town over from me, but I have never saw the car in person. It's a shame too cause I figured that the guy would bring it to my hometown to show it off at one of the car shows my hometown puts on during the summer. I mainly figured that since it's about a 10-15 minute drive.
I know a lot of guys that have nasty machines here you never see or only here of. I've been told there's a Boss 429 around here. I can believe it since I just found out a guy bought an LS6 454 Chevelle from around here not long ago. And theres a lot of other things...

I know a lot of guys that have nasty machines here you never see or only here of. I've been told there's a Boss 429 around here. I can believe it since I just found out a guy bought an LS6 454 Chevelle from around here not long ago. And theres a lot of other things...
The guy down the street has (I think) a '69 Charger that he cruises everywhere in the summer. He's pretty much a legend around here cause he's had it for years. I saw a guy with a Mustang II that head a healthy engine (never got to see the heart of it) in Pro-street guise with a cage and NHRA equipment at our Advance Auto. I see a Chevelle that is speced for drag racing all the time as well. My grandfather is known for his '56 F-100 that I posted an eternity ago here, and my dad is known at "the guy with the yellow Jeep." But at the end of the day, as cool as those are, they get redundant to me since I see them all time (I especially hate the '56 since I don't get to ride in it :lol:). I'd rather see stuff like the Mustang II since I only saw that roam the streets once. I prefer seeing stuff I didn't know was owned by people around here rather than stuff I see out all the time.

I agree. I find just by driving around during the summer I peak in peoples garages when the doors are open as I drive by and I see things like Chevelles and Mustangs I would have never thought were around.

My dad's nickname is "Animal" and he was known for his big ass truck :lol:. Hell, I still hear about that thing. All the time someone is asking about that thing. Even people I've never met. Hell, I met my buddies aunt for the first time a few months ago and we were talking about trucks, and I showed her a picture of it and she's like "OMG I know your dad!! I've seen that truck before :lol:". One time I was at a local gun raffle and a guy flagged me and goes "hey who's your dad? I know him from somewhere". So I told him and he was like "Did he used to hang out with so and so?" Yup. I was like he's the guy with that big red '85 Ford with the rollbars and he was like "Oh hell, I knew that! I remember that truck. That's where I knew him from!! *laughs*". I was like yup he still has that thing and this guy was like are you serious? :lol:

Back