63vettecandyred.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 203
How about a z28. Now this is a z24 I would die for. :eek: :D
Misnblu

Attachments

• 68zrd.jpg
    68zrd.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 192
How about a car not many ppl know about.
One of my favorites as Ive owned a Buick, just not that fortunate to have the GS version.
Misnblu

Attachments

• 71gransport.jpg
    71gransport.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 179
This one is what my Buick should've been.
I had one of the same year model. Too bad I couldnt find anything to make it fast while I had it.
Misnblu

Attachments

• dscf0137.jpg
    dscf0137.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 181
Btw, that was a '67 Buick.
Here is the '66, like the one I had.
Misnblu

Attachments

• dscf0125.jpg
    dscf0125.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 172
that slant six should kick ass. It has a Ram Horn-style intake. I've read of these thing with that kinda modification gettin 13 and 12 secs ETs. I know its not outrageous, but mopar's Slant Six is granny territory. the custom vette looks good, but, OMG, NO BILLET!! recicle those wheels please. as for the buicks, you are a damned lucky dude man. you owned one of those torque things??? I haven't even seen one!!! Buicks were bery ptent and always crunched chevs and ussually what got in their way. the 455 Buick Big Block is a very powerfull engine. only fords 427, 428 and the HEMI 429, and Chryslers 426 HEMI could slain that monster on the street. as for a GTO? fair race!!!

Cano

thanks for the pics man, they cool :D
and thanks for the link too!!

Yeah, true on the Buick. I just wasnt fortunate to have the 455 big block, just the 340 cu.in..
I did put a mild cam in it when I had to change the lifters. It ran pretty good and with the 2 speed Powerglide tranny, it would bark thim at about 45 when I would drop the throttle. Its potential was much more as it only had the 2 barrel Rochester carb on it, shouldve got the 4 barrel on if I knew better in those days. :banghead: ;)
All in all, the car was a blast and got 245,000 miles on it with only some axle changes and cam/lifters. It was very reliable.
Oh and get over the billet thing. This is where you show your age (maybe??) and seperates the purist from the trendy.
To me, the billet goes with customization, just as the carbon fiber is to the Imports and Sport Compact cars of today.
Heh, if your going with billlet rods, pistons, etc for the engine, why not for the aesthetics of the car too??
Billet is cool and will remain a part of hotrodding long after you and I are gone. ;) :D
Misnblu

I am NOT against billet, I like it too, and I know about all its advantages, and I know it can look good. But I like it when its used creatively, when there are custom tricks made with billet... when its tastefully used. that way I like it. subtle, as everything. but, you see this 40 someting ride with billet everything... and I mean, everything. Billet 15 inch wheels, billet caps on the wheels, billet running board trim, billet headlite bezels, billet tailights, billet bumpers front and rear, billet mirrors, billet whippers, billet handles... on the engine bay, its billet valve covers with some ****ty stuff on them, billet air cleaner with billet fasteners, billet alternator cover, billet struts on the hood, billet latch, billet pulleys, billet power booster cover... on the interior, its billet steering wheel and pedals, billet dashknob, billet shifter with a billet skull topping it, billet rearview mirror, billet window crank and door handle, billet armrest on the doors, with a flamed pattern, as is the billet gauge panel, billet overhead light, billet latches for the seats... and all this COMPLETELY POLISHED, so it doesnt even have a comon theme, does nothing to the performance of the car, (figure the thing has a stock 350 underhood) and looks absolutely awful. you get it? I mean, I'm not against billet, when used properly. of course I wont denny the advanatges of billet internal hadware!! those things are tough as nails and last forever. I am against the completely billet look on cars.
and if you're gonna go for a billet look on the car, it better be completely modern and contemporary. billets in size 15 or less looks crappy at least its a traditional design, but for "switchblade" kind of wheels, like the ones in the vette, you'd better be all modern. get 17's or get yourself some americans or halibrands or centerlines. do something so that your car looks contemporary. that vette... tell me what it would look like if it had black americans over real skinny front tires and FAT rear ones... and sat about 10 feet lower, for god's sake. that thing is too high and looks just cheap with the billets on it. I know you can make billet good, but, most of the times, its awful.
Tell ya what. Ill do a complete post of billet mobiles. cool ones, at that.

Cano

lemme search

a 31 model A with a deuce grille on it. look at the billet!! and look at the overall modern treatment this thing's got! it even has curved glass!

Attachments

• pict0205.jpg
    pict0205.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 165
a 47 mercury. look at the traditional-but-modern design on its wheels and the stupid stance it has. and the size of those things too.

a 47 Ford ragton, with a toroughly modern treatment and cool billet wheels. pity that color line over there.

Attachments

• pict040.jpg
    pict040.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 163
OK, more cool billetmobiles:
a good mustang, wich is, again, too high for my taste...

Attachments

• 01bda345677924c.jpg
    01bda345677924c.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 159
a 70's-80s Chevy peakup... it looks good without bumpers..

Attachments

• p4091130.jpg
    p4091130.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 158
A custom 37 Ford... we may call E400? that type of roof, the one with the retractable top, appeared till 1932. this dude made his own, and it turned out pretty good. pitty the billet.

Attachments

• ´37 c400.jpg
    ´37 c400.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 147
Posies 199 37 Ford custom. CUSTOM. too much done to resume it. Billet :D

Attachments

• posies_extreme.jpg
    posies_extreme.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 154
OK, more muscle. how about a race-ready Rambler Rogue?

mscl1.jpg

mscl2.jpg

a Charger!! if you ask, mopar made the best muscle cars out there. pr00f:
68charger-4.jpg

68charger-1.jpg

Awesome pictures Cano.
You'll have to excuse my lack of input, Ive been busy as a bee. Its springggg...
That Rambler Ive seen on the street when I was a kid, awsome to see at that time. ;)
The W30 Cutlass was the tits in its day and so little fanfare with that one. It was a sleeper by all means.
Thanks for the memories, again. lol
Misnblu

Originally posted by misnblu
You'll have to excuse my lack of input, Ive been busy as a bee. Its springggg...

hahaha ooh you have a girlfriend. I see :D
LOL!! I understand you man. Id be that way myself if it wasnt because my girl is also a internetter :)

Cano

Ill keep posting and posting man. Ive found some that are very cool and HIGHRESOLUTION to boot.

Lol, I'll have some more input on this thread as time goes by. RIght now, I must catch up on some posts and many other things.
See ya.
Misnblu

Originally posted by Cano
that slant six should kick ass. It has a Ram Horn-style intake. I've read of these thing with that kinda modification gettin 13 and 12 secs ETs. I know its not outrageous, but mopar's Slant Six is granny territory. the custom vette looks good, but, OMG, NO BILLET!! recicle those wheels please. as for the buicks, you are a damned lucky dude man. you owned one of those torque things??? I haven't even seen one!!! Buicks were bery ptent and always crunched chevs and ussually what got in their way. the 455 Buick Big Block is a very powerfull engine. only fords 427, 428 and the HEMI 429, and Chryslers 426 HEMI could slain that monster on the street. as for a GTO? fair race!!!

Cano

thanks for the pics man, they cool :D
and thanks for the link too!!
LOL!!! My first car had a modified slant six. It was a '67 Barracuda Fastback, 225ci, 600cfm holley on an Offenhauser intake, Clifford Research Headers (2 piece), bigger valves, bigger cam, electronic ignition, 3 speed stick & a duster 340 sure grip rear axle. It was very quick off the line, but it would fall on it's face after about 60mph.:irked:

Great pics, by the way!

Yeah, the Barracuda's were bad arse in their day. Nothing was styled like it, especially the '66 fastback. :drool:
Gmanviz, sounds like you had a great car. Dont tell me, you sold it. :lol:
Most do.
More pictures ppl.
Misnblu

Though I dont have a picturey yet, this belongs here. From: Dodge, The Magazine

The Hemi Engine is back in a big way and not just with regard to the 5.7-liter engine to be found in the production Dodge Ram products. The biggest displacement Hemi crate engine availible over the counter is a 528 CID 8.6-liter unit, which is prerun on the dynometer creating over 500 horsepower with single four-barrel carburetion. In addition to a complete line of Hemi-headed engines, Mopar is once again offering 440 CID 7.2-liter crate engines for the enthusiast. Contact your dealer for more information.

oooohh, makes my heart melt :drool:...

Yes, its on again. :)
Man, this is good news and should open up another muscle car era.
Reminds me when the first one got started. ;)
Dang Im old. lol :lol:
Thanks for the news man.
Misnblu

Originally posted by misnblu
Yeah, the Barracuda's were bad arse in their day. Nothing was styled like it, especially the '66 fastback. :drool:
Gmanviz, sounds like you had a great car. Dont tell me, you sold it. :lol:
Most do.
More pictures ppl.
Misnblu

Actually it was almost a basket case. It was my first car and went away ages ago. My '71 Challenger is the one that I regret letting go, but that's for another post.

the 528 Hemi has been selling for around one year now. go and read hotrod people. thay made some story on the new race hemi, based precisely on the 528 block... but, you know, a few add-onns and the thing gets 1200 hp. the 426 and a 354, I think, are again selling.
and as we are talking about hemis, how about some hemi pics?
and, all the people that are new to this thread, welcome!!! you can post all the pics you want (read: we want MORE pics!!! gimmee gimmee gimmeeee!!!! :D)

a 71 HEMI Road Runner!!!!
71HemiRR-or.jpg

a 68 roadrunner, again:
HQ26-or.jpg

its engine :drool:
HQ29-or.jpg

a 392 HEMI. if you tell me the car it comes in Ill give you a prize :)
392hemi1-vi.jpg

a 426 Hemi with a 32 ford attached to it!!!
hemi-vi.jpg

orgasmic... six stroms over a 392 HEMI...
Golden322-or.jpg

see the emblem on the fender!!
68Hemibee-or.jpg

a 500 CI HEMI...
ahemifront-vi.jpg

wich belongs to this in-progress super bee wag (oh yeah, a wag :drool:)
BEEwagon-vi.jpg

and the talked-about 528 inch HEMI monster:
610hp528hemi.jpg

this ORIGINAL Daytona has one of those stuffed there.
dayton7.jpg

dayton9.jpg

and,. by the way, its supercharged...
dayton11.jpg

Ill even give you a link to a HEMI sound clip. go here
the sound belongs to this car:
PP71Satellite83.jpg

a 70 Plymouth Satellite.

yup, this is a Hemi Cuda:
PPHemiCuda4II.jpg

and this is a HEMI 67 charger.
PP66Charger277.jpg

dont mind that much the swanky design if you got a hemi underhood...

well, its enough. I gotta go, I have class!!! Ill post some more pics when I get back online in my new house ( i moved >_<)
hope to see some more pics showing in this thread!!!

Cano

Back