1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I did that once too. It was as if half the post was missing in the first place. :odd:
What I'm most worried about is my R34. My plan for it calls for a wing delete. Last thing I want or need is to turn the car into a backwards convertible while Dremeling off the wing.

What I'm most worried about is my R34. My plan for it calls for a wing delete. Last thing I want or need is to turn the car into a backwards convertible while Dremeling off the wing.

It's not that hard tbh. If you do screw something up, you could just fill it with JB Weld or something.

You now have new cars? :drool:

You now have a Cobra Daytona? :grumpy:

You now opened the Cobra Daytona? :mad:
I used to be like you...... :P:tup: I open without much hesitation now these days. I think the two main reasons for this has been: a) Loose takes lot less room to store. b) It's actually hard at times to really see the casting thru the blisters(especially the proportion).
Wait... I just noticed the woodie has a trailer hitch. Even better. :D
There is a reason for that. Here's the yellow one I posted awhile back:

Also, the Cobra could definitely use a wheel swap.
We've been here before...... :lol: With those mail-in ZAMAC Camaros! I loved the orange windshield then, I love these white rims. Those wheels actually influenced me to get this car along with the Woodie.

There is a reason for that. Here's the yellow one I posted awhile back:

Now wouldn't that red one look awesome with a matching boat? :D

We've been here before...... :lol: With those mail-in ZAMAC Camaros! I loved the orange windshield then, I love these white rims. Those wheels actually influenced me to get this car along with the Woodie.

Even if they were chrome, I'd still change them. They look ugly imo.

That green background Viper has same style wheels with chrome. I like the white, but chrome's OK at best for me.

I actually have both the Viper and Cobra in blue in a 2 car set with those same wheels.

Speaking of which, a wheel swap seems like a good way to piss off some collectors. :mischievous:

That sound of the plastic rear wing snapping off highly sought Kyosho minicar...My heart stopped for a whole second.

10522745_10153144214919097_2310730464758179325_n.jpg

No it wasn't an accident. I deliberately broke the wing off. I had to. Do you guys remember me quizzing you on the thing was was off about that Mobil 1 NSX?

Here's why:

10612591_10153144214824097_7104973450572421894_n.jpg

I don't know if the seller had accidentally broke it themselves, because there was a massive amount of glue joining the wing to the arms. But to get to the real drama, I broke off the wings because the were tilted, as you can see above, and they were also slanted. It was not aligned on two dimensional planes. I can't stand that. So I took it apart and glued it back together. Needless to say, thanks to the primitive-technique operation I performed, they look absolutely beautiful now. Pics will be up soon.

Last edited:
That sound of the plastic rear wing snapping off highly sought Kyosho minicar...My heart stopped for a whole second.

10522745_10153144214919097_2310730464758179325_n.jpg

No it wasn't an accident. I deliberately broke the wing off. I had to. Do you guys remember me quizzing you on the thing was was off about that Mobil 1 NSX?

Here's why:

10612591_10153144214824097_7104973450572421894_n.jpg

I don't know if the seller had accidentally broke it themselves, because there was a massive amount of glue joining the wing to the arms. But to get to the real drama, I broke off the wings because the were tilted, as you can see above, and they were also slanted. It was not aligned on two dimensional planes. I can't stand that. So I took it apart and glued it back together. Needless to say, thanks to the primitive-technique operation I performed, they look absolutely beautiful now. Pics will be up soon.

Is it crooked? I don't see the issue.

Damn. At least make the wheels look alike. :crazy:

Oh my God... I went in Hobby Lobby today. Heaven. Wall art of classic muscle cars, enough model cars to keep me entertained for years, and chassis parts to build your own, one of a kind, unique car. I need a job, badly.

Latest Posts

Back