1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Hey guys, quick question: How do you store your loose Johnny Lightnings, M2s, Auto Worlds, etc. with opening parts, namely hoods?

Hey guys, quick question: How do you store your loose Johnny Lightnings, M2s, Auto Worlds, etc. with opening parts, namely hoods?
DSCN7174.JPG

Got anything for cases that don't get mounted on the wall?

I should've said this above, but I'm mainly looking at ways to keep the cars scratch free and the hoods closed. If not eliminating that altogether, then just a way to reduce it.

I should've said this above, but I'm mainly looking at ways to keep the cars scratch free and the hoods closed. If not eliminating that altogether, then just a way to reduce it.
I'd like to find or have made a coffee table with a clear top that you could open and set cars into. Might get expensive though.

The idea would indeed be pretty rad.

But that high gloss black coffee table? That's sleek and all, but that's also going to become the leading cause of stress if I owned that. Imagine how big of a deal you'll make knowing how easily that table would show scratches, finger prints, etc..

The idea would indeed be pretty rad.

But that high gloss black coffee table? That's sleek and all, but that's also going to become the leading cause of stress if I owned that. Imagine how big of a deal you'll make knowing how easily that table would show scratches, finger prints, etc..
I didn't say make it black, I just said similar shape/size.

@Johnny1996 - I've posted these here before, but for storage, I still use these:

Thread Organizers: Walmart Wawak Sewing

Walmart seemed to have lowered the price again. I think they still ship to stores near you for free, which is a great deal.

To prevent movement within individual compartment, I use Kleenex, or those styrofoam sheets used for packing.

When I can, I cutout the plastic blister from the original hot wheel packaging to size that'll fit inside the storage compartment.

@Johnny1996 - I've posted these here before, but for storage, I still use these:

Walmart seemed to have lowered the price again. I think they still ship to stores near you for free, which is a great deal.

To prevent movement within individual compartment, I use Kleenex, or those styrofoam sheets used for packing.

When I can, I cutout the plastic blister from the original hot wheel packaging to size that'll fit inside the storage compartment.

There we go! That's just what I was thinking of, I just couldn't remember if it was here or somewhere else. :dunce:

Thanks. :cheers:

Those cases are really handy, too. Grab/carry handle, stores on both sides, I think for the total of 48 cars per case(24 each side). This case is good for the standard cars, but for tall cars, or long cars, you will need a separate case(I use fishing lure cases from Walmart).

Well this just answered a question I've been having the last few days.

M2s come with an acrylic case and stand. If you bought them loose, Hobby Lobby sells acrylic cases as well.

Somewhat both, but mostly storage.

I don't know if all M2s are bigger than the average Hot Wheels, but please send some business to ccarsoler. They've got small plastic cases and medium cases. Dimensions are found in the listings. Ask if they're willing to give you a discount for ordering in bulk.

Never seen the Suzuki Swift or the bug eye Impreza STI before. Damn. :drool:

You'd be surprised to know there's an SX4 WRC that's unknowingly popular. There's a Croatian-based eBay seller named pallaszg (sp.) who I've been getting CM's off of lately. He has a bunch of CM's most of the Asian sellers don't and bids usually don't go near the amount Japanese seller kuwa****a asks for. He's got most of what Kakash shared pics of.

CM'S 1:64 - Subaru Impreza WRC 1999 Richard Burns

Haven't been able to find a '99 yet. Been seeing a whole wad of everything else. 👍

Found the Dodge.

Yessssss. Thanks a ton bud 👍

Best part: Car Cano despises in real life, created in casting he also despises in real life. Personally, I think the car looks just barely acceptable(though still kinda 'JDM' cool), but Cano-Controversy add it some street cred for me. :D

Ew. Dear God. Ugh.

I can't do it. Cano was right all along..... :nervous:

Of course I was, as I am with the BRZ thing. Ew.

Got my first cereal car.

Grrrr, just the ones I want.

AOS can see the mole on your face from miles away, but can he see why kids love the cars from Hot Wheels's Cereal cars?!

I could care less about the cereal, of course. The moment that thing falls in my hands, it's getting turned into a black with flames street rod with a street rod shop sign in the panel.

But I'll tell a story. Once I sold a guy a mainline Cheerios Road Runner to a guy over here at work because he was a fan of the cereal. So there. :S

You'd be surprised to know there's an SX4 WRC that's unknowingly popular. There's a Croatian-based eBay seller named pallaszg (sp.) who I've been getting CM's off of lately. He has a bunch of CM's most of the Asian sellers don't and bids usually don't go near the amount Japanese seller kuwa****a asks for. He's got most of what Kakash shared pics of.
Is there a link to his CM's? Tried searching but every time I clicked on items for sale on his profile, it comes back with no results found. I'd just be interested to see what he has and how the prices compare.

Back