1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
You a goofball then. :P

Porsche%2B934%2B(2010%2B200%2BMeilin%2BNorisring%2B1976%2BDRM%2BWinner%2B-%2BBob%2BWollek).jpg

2010 Minichamps 64 Porsche 934 - 200 Meilin Norisring 1976 - DRM Winner Bob Wollek

Porsche%2B934%2B(2010%2B200%2BMeilin%2BNorisring%2B1976%2BDRM%2BWinner%2B-%2BBob%2BWollek)_a.jpg

How do these compare in size to Kyosho and TLV?

Went the extra mile for you.

YedkQeG.jpg

Didn't have a TLV so I substituted.

From left-to-right, top-to-bottom:

Tomica Limited
Minichamps 64
Kyosho
Carisma
Norev (approx 1:60)
CM's Corporation

Ones missing in the picture:

Hot Wheels
Matchbox
Johnny Lighting
Welly
M2
Majorette
Maisto
Jada
Siku
Racing Champions

I ended up voting for the Datsun Bluebird/510 Super Treasure Hunt as well. For me, most other Supers in that lineup were lightweights in comparison, and others I liked were 2013 Camaro(a 2013 Camaro), Gasser(messed up front axle thing). I also liked SS Express & to a degree, Nova Wagon, but they definitely come up short against the 510 wagon. Gasser could've been one of my favorites all-time, if it was done right. :crazy:
I'll take that as compliment. :lol:
Oh, no doubt. :lol:

I don't remember if I shared pics of the TZ2 yet, but here's what it looks like:

Alfa%2BRomeo%2BTZ2%2B(2008%2BAlfa%2BMinicar%2BCollection%2B2).jpg

Pretty snazzy stuff. That exhaust poking out is kinda cute.

Alfa%2BRomeo%2BTZ2%2B(2008%2BAlfa%2BMinicar%2BCollection%2B2)_b.jpg

2008's Alfa Minicar Collection 2.

In case I did share it, here's one I haven't shared yet:

Lambo%2BJota%2B(silver).jpg

2014's Minicar Collection 5.

Both are slated for a custom. :)

edit: Here's another one slated for customs:

Bus1.jpg

Bus2.jpg

It's a Lesney Matchbox. It's tinier than current day Matchboxes. The worn look will contribute to the project. Interior is nonexistent. My idea for this is wild enough to compete with Cano's CDM team.

Last edited:
Personally I'd be tempted to leave the Bus as it is paint wise, got a real cool look about it that way. Whatever you come with I'm sure will be great though. And that TZ2, damn. 👍

Just a tip off to any UK collectors on here (or for you guys overseas if you can stomach the crazy postage costs :ill:), I have a few HW STHs on eBay with a couple of days left and, a Land Crusher with white wheels instead of chrome (factory error). All my bids start at 99p with no reserve. Here's a link to my profile ..... http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/minsky_jin/m.html?isRefine=true

I've found a whole bunch of HW Tough Customs over here which is very unusual, you can literally only get mainline HWs here and that's it. I also found 2 music genre HWs, Grunge and Rock 'n' Roll.

I have also picked up some loose bargains too. Pictures will come one day, baby, work, broken real car and a new obsession with Lego is taking up every piece of my spare time though :indiff:.

UK postage isn't crazy. French and some German postage is crazy. :crazy:

===============

Honda%2BNSX%2BTest%2BCar%2B2007%2B(2008%2BBeads%2BCollection%2B%236591B).jpg

These two are not the same.

Honda+Racing+NSX+Test+Car+2006.jpg

Answer:
The top one's a 2007 Super GT.
2008 Beads Collection #6591B.
This one I got for my cousin. Had I known it wasn't the same as the one I already have, I'd have kept it.

The one I have is a 2006 Super GT.
2007 Beads Collection #6481D

Yes I even found numbers for the Bead models now.

Last edited:
How do these compare in size to Kyosho and TLV?

Just speaking of the size of things, how big is the Bay side motors Tomicarama? I may be interesting in getting one....
ZAMAC Toyota Crown Hardtop
Oh wow, I wasn't aware that they did another commemorative Zamac thingy. Cool find. 👍

Edit: These are the Choro-Q's that I just got + extra:

Choro Q Zero(premium line, similar to TLVs) Honda City

I believe some Citys really did come with compact bike, which stored in the back.

MOTOCOMPO-02.jpg

Choro Q Zero Nissan President

Side mirror not attached, like in here:
img63555120.jpg

Old school JDMs:

Celica - Hakosuka(this is new) - Bluebird/510

Also new:

Trueno & Countach

So those Choro Qs were released by the same production as the Tomica Limited Vintage. Here are similar releases by Greenlight:

Greenlight Superbird & Food Truck

Pinto & '57 Bel Air

-The End-​

Zamac? I'm seeing metalflake where the highlights are!
It is just polished & clearcoated, no paint job.
Just speaking of the size of things, how big is the Bay side motors Tomicarama? I may be interesting in getting one....
I think my Shell station's half the size? Mine is 23.5cm, or 9 and 1/4 inches wide. Edit: Not half the size, but more like two of my kit put together(twice as wide).
Oh wow, I wasn't aware that they did another commemorative Zamac thingy. Cool find. 👍
Thank you! I believe that they have just two. I like this a lot more. :cool:

Last edited:
Greenlight Choro Q's? Learn something new everyday. That Superbird is adorable. And that compact bike with the Honda City is a nice touch. 👍
I think my Shell station's half the size? Mine is 23.5cm, or 9 and 1/4 inches wide. Edit: Not half the size, but more like two of my kit put together(twice as wide).

👍

Thinking about getting one for Christmas but still in two minds about it.

Greenlight Choro Q's? Learn something new everyday. That Superbird is adorable. And that compact bike with the Honda City is a nice touch. 👍
I totally agree on the City bike. 👍 Greenlight cars are based on some game called "Car Town"? I think. Unfortunately, they were discontinued fairly quickly. It must've not sold very well, because I got them for more than 50% off. :crazy:
Thinking about getting one for Christmas but still in two minds about it.
Very cool, but expensive. I highly recommend them though. Personally, I still prefer the gas stations, but they are all very cool....... except the parking lot one's little bland. :lol:

Nissan President's my favorite. I like how this pull-back toy has nicer wheels than the actual TLVs. :crazy: I think I will install the mirrors on it. 👍

Greenlight cars are based on some game called "Car Town"?
They were! It was my favorite game, I'd spend hours on end playing it. Then it closed in August :( They were discontinued because the company that made the game was losing a TON of money (thus the reason for the shutdown), and couldn't afford to pay Greenlight anymore.

No Minichamps either.... *yawn* j/k
They were! It was my favorite game, I'd spend hours on end playing it. Then it closed in August :( They were discontinued because the company that made the game was losing a TON of money (thus the reason for the shutdown), and couldn't afford to pay Greenlight anymore.
They were paying Greenlight? I'd have thought it would be the other way around. Sorry to hear about your game. Reminds me of the online Monopoly few of us on gtplanet were hooked on for while. We were left hanging when the game ended. :( Coolstorybro: On this game, we had this gtplanet alliance, where if one of us were attacked, we aid that player hit the attacker back. Well, I was attacked, and we hit back as the group. I think this dude was in Spain or something, he tracked us down in our Rumble Strip thread. He actually signed up, posted in the thread asking for truce(found it). :lol: -The End-

Last edited:
I think I will install the mirrors on it. 👍

Yeah, think you should. They'd finish it off nicely. 👍
he tracked us down in our Rumble Strip thread. He actually signed up, posted in the thread asking for truce(found it). :lol:
:lol: You big bully you. :P

Edit: Back ordered this yesterday afternoon. (funny it was listed as sold out that morning :crazy:) Went for that one over the Bay side motors one because I like the colours better, got sort of a retro look to it and it's more or less exactly the same diorama anyway. Hopefully it comes through.

Last edited:
So, I almost bought this.

But then I decided that it's the first one to pop up on eBay, there's likely to be more, and the price is likely to drop.

Also, I am currently in Mississippi for work and hit the local Walmart & Target tonight. Walmart was horrible, maybe 5 regular Hot Wheels on the pegs? They had like 30 9 packs-though. Target was also a dud, but I did pick up the Star Wars pack with the storm trooper exclusive car.

Back