1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Fancy some Triple 9 NSXs?

image.jpg

18 USD each... :P

Before my new found collecting venture gets out of hand, I might make one slight change to slow it down some. And that would be collecting only true 1:64 scale cars. So that would include Auto World, Greenlight, and I assume TLV and/or Kyosho?

This means by the end of the weekend, all my M2's (quality problems and all) will be out the door, and possibly my Johnny Lightnings.

It's not like grey-wheels Lesneys fall off trees, specially in flea markets for chump change. This thing is from like 1964 or so. Restore or customize or leave alone?
16385967885_c39ee341b8_b.jpg

16198556050_6c3bb919b2_b.jpg

15765960303_689cb4fed8_b.jpg
Yours should look like this when your doneimage.jpgimage.jpg

Yep. Not bragging but all of my cars are mostly mint with a few chips like that. I thought the grey wheels were after the black ones.

Argh, that's a really badass Dodge (thanks for clarifying us lot on the name, by the way) you got there. Are you going to take more pictures of that?

Fancy some Triple 9 NSXs?

View attachment 300402

18 USD each... :P

I would... if they weren't so far away, both in wallet and in country. :lol: But hey, those who can should go for them, I guess.

IMG_4185_zpsf9f4d50c.jpg

IMG_4188_zpsb90747ad.jpg

Back to the future . . . later, of course. :dopey:

Well . . . time to leap off the pad.

Cya later! :)

Marty, what did you do? You know the gold interfers with the time machine's components! Now you'll never go back to the future whilst doing 88! You fool! :mad: :lol:

Jokes aside, dig that gold Delorean, wish I could find me one of those. Or a normal grey one, that's good too. The time machine's cool, but I prefer the stock design, it's less fussy.

Had the opportunity many times, but never accepted it.

2015 Skyline & GT-R Minicar Collection Neo
R35. I'm so painting those wheels.

Ah, the Neo R35. That car instantly became one of my favorites, because it led me to a conversation about cars and Vision Gran Turismo vehicles, with a Japanese mechanical designer for animes over Twitter. Therefore, it has also become my favorite scale model of a R35. God bless you, grey (that was the car he shared, because he didn't like the colour of it) R35. :bowdown:

Ah, that red is cool too, and I'm sure that it'll look even better with a set of painted rims...

View attachment 300541

Finally bloody found one.

Congrats on finding a Mustang man, great catch. 👍

Marty, what did you do? You know the gold interfers with the time machine's components! Now you'll never go back to the future whilst doing 88! You fool! :mad: :lol:

Jokes aside, dig that gold Delorean, wish I could find me one of those. Or a normal grey one, that's good too. The time machine's cool, but I prefer the stock design, it's less fussy.

They are recent releases (I have a habit of picking up First Editions - though they ain't called that, now.) and while I like the Time Machine, the others feel more like DMC.

IMG_4200_zps73efa323.jpg

IMG_4194_zpsdeca2a73.jpg

IMG_4183_zpsc70f8573.jpg

IMG_4182_zps2503c844.jpg

I like that the back axle isn't too short, unlike like what they did with the Reventon.

Is this goodbye to Reventons and Gallardos now?

I actually already saw the new Mustangs today. It was blue-purplish color, w/stripes. It was OK-looking, so I passed. I did find a cool looking 599XX. Also picked up bunch of fantasy cars(for my nephews' track) & I'm posting them even if you guys ask me not to.

Edit: Interesting. Two eBay sniper bidders. One just sniped, but hasn't paid even after I sent him an invoice. Other one had since like Tuesday to pay & still haven't paid. I'm starting to understand where @R1600Turbo was coming from.

^^^ I just don't understand why they can be at the end of the auction to snipe bid but can't stick around another 30 seconds to pay for their ish. I also saw that 2015 Mustang tonight in an E case dump bin. I grabbed a Vanster, sifted through the rest, and walked out with just the one car.

Anyway, I feel like a complete dunce. Anyone that knows Greenlight should know that they put a small sticker on the bottom of their cars to show the sequence number that the car was produced. So say, if a car is 1 of 1,000, there will be a sticker on the bottom that reads "0348" if it's the 348th car made, etc. Well that 2014 Dodge Charger that was incorrectly sent to me, I opened it this morning and then noticed that the sticker on the bottom read 0001. :eek:

I feel like an idiot for not checking it before I opened the package. :dunce:

Also, got another GL Mustang that's absolutely brilliant. Pics incoming.

Edit:

1965 Ford Mustang

DSCN7317.JPG

Base of the Charger to show my stupid mistake.

DSCN7318.JPG

And the E case Vanster. I'm still going to collect this one. I doubt Mattel will use it for any expensive exclusives, put more than a couple variations of wheels on it per release, and regular collectors don't give a crap about it so it'll be easy to find. Plus I like the design.

DSCN7319.JPG

Last edited:

I'm keeping this one. Ferrari 599XX from Hot Wheels Workshop

I don't think I've posted these. Rebel Rods '27 Miller & '69 Brawner Hawk

^^^ I just don't understand why they can be at the end of the auction to snipe bid but can't stick around another 30 seconds to pay for their ish.
It's a pain in the ass, because I have another one I'm ready to ship, but I don't want to make a special trip to mail just one item. :crazy:
1 of 1,000
Wow. 👍
I opened it
Wow. :lol:

Back