1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I have three of them: The blue one pictured, a red scheme of some type, and the original First Editions Silver. :D

Cheers
Jetboy

This Post was meant for Yesterday But my slow internet connection meant I couldn't get it to load.

1PM Yesterday Afternoon: Ok So I finally got around to Customising my '70 Dodge Challenger and It has come out as my best Custom so far. I painted the motor and grill black, Etch Primed the Body then painted it Polar White-(I Tried to go for a marble type finish at the bottom of the car - Speckled white with Primer showing through - It came out pretty well) And I Pinched the wheels of my Dodge Coronet Super Bee. I'm pretty happy with the result. Tell me what you think.

I'm thinking of getting some more wheels for my super bee (same style) and painting it in the same coulour scheme. What do you think?

Here's the Picture of the Challenger

I also started on a 4x4 Truck/Ute today. I scrapped the plastic tray/seat combo and made a metal tray minus seats. I'm not going to have seats as the car looks much cleaner without them. I'm painting it white with a grey (primer) underbody. The wheels which came on it were absolute crap so I'm going to see if I can pickup a new Truck from the shop today and will swap them over tonight.

Here's the before picture of the truck

I will post a Pic once it's done.

8.16PM Last Night: Ok so I went to town but didn't come back with any New wheels for my pickup. Instead, I come home with these.

'67 Shelby GT500

'64 Chevy Impala

Ford Mustang Fastback

'69 Chevy Chevelle

'64 Lincoln Continental

Any Suggestions what to do to them. I'm really in the Customising mood at the moment so most of them aren't going to stay standard.
The Lincoln has a nice set of wheels that would look great on my cougar or on the Fastback mustang(which I am going to tape up the stripes and paint it white, unless someone has a better suggestion). I will leave them boxed till the morning and if no-one has any better ideas I will get stuck into them.

Now onto the truck, I am none the wiser on it's model/make but It said 'Tony & Noah Construction Contractors' on the side so maybe someone can tell me. It has since turned into a Motocross Racer's truck through it's lowering of the body (Using Grinding wheel and Linishing belt), a custom flatbed tray, White top coat with Greay inderbody, complete with Thor Tailgate sticker. I am still on the lookout for wheels because I didn't see any when I went looking. If anybody knows of some suitable wheels (Off another Truck) could they please tell me the model so I can Track it Down.

Here's Some Pics of the truck for reference and the old wheels on the truck in the first pic:

Moto Truck #1 : Showing Old wheels for Reference.

Moto Truck #2

Moto Truck #3

Sorry For the Bad Pics and Long Post...I get carried away.

Cheers, Cougar23

Last edited:
That challenger is the dog's dangly bits. 👍 I may be hopping the '67 Shelby wagon myself here, except the one I saw locally is yellow with black stripes with a more exaggerated bodykit/hood. It's not the typical fastback because I have one of those as well. Must get to show here. :D

Cheers
Jetboy

Thanks for your comment Jetboy. I'm still thinking about respraying the Fastback and changing the wheels. Not sure yet. And I've just started on my painting of the Chevy Chevelle ( I have two, and I'm painting the yellow one not the green one) in the colour purple as my baby sister instructed me too. lol. I'm Brushing this one to see how it turns out compared to spraying because I have HEAPS of paints I can brush on but hardly any spray colours (Lime green, Maroon, White, Grey). Any suggestions as to what I should do to the new one's I got?

Cheers, Cougar23

Last edited:
Two words: Yenko Clone. Even if it's purple, I don't care. :lol: I'd also try something "dare to be different" with the Shelby. Everyone has blue/white, white/blue, green, yellow, red.. Why not something like black cherry metallic with eggshell stripes?

Cheers,
Jetboy

Would it be possible for you to modify the colour of your font back to black please?

I want to nose around in here and see what on earth you lot get up to, but I can't read the thread; it hurts my eyes....

:irked:👍

Ok sorry Vexd. I'll keep it black in this thread and change back the other's. Ok..so I painted the Chevelle...It came out alright... a very dark purple. I think it will be tood hard to make a Yenko clone and currently it's still in bits. I also finished my truck, turning it into a mini truck. I was nosing around in my bits n pieces and seen the Chevelle underbody looked like it might almost fit. It was a little too long so I did a full chop job chopping the chassis in half and shortening it. It worked out pretty well except for the front bumper which I absolutely hate. Not my best Custom but it'll do for now.

Here's a picture of It.

I also made a Stand for painting/assembling/ drying the cars in my spare time. It's just made out of wood with a piece of stainless tube for the top rack and nails for the two smaller racks. Excuse the Paint...I let my 13 year old sister do it.

Here's a Pic.

So you reckon Black Cherry Metallic with Eggshell Stripes for the Shelby, Jetboy...damn man I'm not that good. lol. I don't even know where I'd get that colour from. :)

I'll try to make something different though...Maybe two diff. colours top n bottom? I'll check it out n see what I think.

Cheers, Cougar23.

P.S. Jetboy, Have you got any chops/customs currenly underway or finished. Post up some pictures for me If you can. :)

So you reckon Black Cherry Metallic with Eggshell Stripes for the Shelby, Jetboy...damn man I'm not that good. lol. I don't even know where I'd get that colour from. :)

I'll try to make something different though...Maybe two diff. colours top n bottom? I'll check it out n see what I think.

Cheers, Cougar23.

P.S. Jetboy, Have you got any chops/customs currenly underway or finished. Post up some pictures for me If you can. :)
The truck turned out rather well, but as you said, the front bumper isn't quite matching. Get it right and that stance will be top-notch. 👍 The drying rack is very creative.

As far as the colours are concerned: I'd imagine most any hobby/craft shops would carry those in nice small vials, however you'll be applying by brush. Best bet would be to prep the entire body off-white first, and then tape off the striped portions and paint the dark cherry over. 👍

I may do some projects. Personally I'm a visionary more than a performer, mostly because I feel my projects turn out like ass. :lol: Who knows, I have 1800-1900 cars, I'm sure I can sacrifice a few. ;)

Cheers,
Jetboy

Sacrifice...Sacrifice... lol.

Yeah I'm not very happy with the truck, I'll fix it one day but I'm over it now.
For the shelby or the fastback I have this really nice blue colour that I'm thinking of painting the bottom half in and white on top. With a different set of wheels...
I'm going to go start on it now...maybe... actually I think the dark cherry would look schweet on one of the lowriders...Yeah that's what I'm gonna do. Tomoroow I'll pickup some more brushes and some paint.

And you really should start customising a few of your cars. It is really fun once you have your mind set on what you want to do.

Cheers, Cougar23

Sacrifice...Sacrifice... lol.

Yeah I'm not very happy with the truck, I'll fix it one day but I'm over it now.
For the shelby or the fastback I have this really nice blue colour that I'm thinking of painting the bottom half in and white on top. With a different set of wheels...
I'm going to go start on it now...maybe... actually I think the dark cherry would look schweet on one of the lowriders...Yeah that's what I'm gonna do. Tomoroow I'll pickup some more brushes and some paint.

And you really should start customising a few of your cars. It is really fun once you have your mind set on what you want to do.

Cheers, Cougar23
I'm seriously considering it. I have a few that need some help. :lol: And more than a few donor cars (Doubles of Existing.) I have about 17 Charger Daytonas including this one below that's just asking for a recustomization.
2006_065a.jpg

Personally, Jetman here is thinking some of the Larry's Garage Cragger S/S's and rubber tires would look nice, along with maybe the Dark cherry/ white tail stripe combo... Hmm...

Cheers
Jetboy

That's one wild looking Charger, Jetboy. :crazy: 👍 Yeah Dark Cherry Would look nice aswell. Can't wait to see some of your Customs/chops. :sly:

Cheers, Cougar23

Got these earlier today:

100_1678.jpg

From Left to Right:

Riley & Scott MK III
Acura NSX
Ford GTLM
Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Kinda surprised to find the Riley & Scott, thought they stopped making them.

Last edited:
That's one wild looking Charger, Jetboy. :crazy: 👍 Yeah Dark Cherry Would look nice aswell. Can't wait to see some of your Customs/chops. :sly:

Cheers, Cougar23
I hope they turn out well. :lol: That Daytona was like.... the only Hotwheels Car I've ever wanted since I was nine years old. (Other than Twinmill, but she's a different story.) Why you ask?

NASCAR Rumble. The Elite legend cars were these rediculously beefed Daytonas or Superbirds. So sick. :D

Tried to find a photo and can't. Figures.

Cheers,
Jetboy

Missed the editorial slant, it's a hypothetical question asking why I wanted that car specifically so badly when I was young. :lol:

Why I ask what?

RACECAR: Nice Ford GT LM.
Do you do any customising to your cars RACECAR?

Cheers, Cougar23

I've only customized three cars(a Cadillac LMP, Panoz LMP-1 and Riley & Scott MK III), but none of them turned out well:indiff:

Personally, Jetman here is thinking some of the Larry's Garage Cragger S/S's and rubber tires would look nice, along with maybe the Dark cherry/ white tail stripe combo... Hmm...
Jetboy

Those are awesome rims if I'm thinking of the same ones. They were on a GTO and were gray, much beefier in the back and with rubber.

I really want to get Purple Passion but I haven't seen any in purple. Same with Red Baron, the other day I saw one but it was purple, come on. Where did you find that twin mill, I've always wanted one of those in any color but I've never seen one.

I've been working on a few that I might post later, but I feel bad just posting ones with different rims and no other mods, haven't got around to painting any. The best new thing I've modified so far is a Tow Jam. Different rims which I don't really like (hard to find two identical axle size larger rims for the back) changed the window plastic (I have two), and changed the back crane plastic color again from the other one.

Those are awesome rims if I'm thinking of the same ones. They were on a GTO and were gray, much beefier in the back and with rubber.

I really want to get Purple Passion but I haven't seen any in purple. Same with Red Baron, the other day I saw one but it was purple, come on. Where did you find that twin mill, I've always wanted one of those in any color but I've never seen one.

I've been working on a few that I might post later, but I feel bad just posting ones with different rims and no other mods, haven't got around to painting any. The best new thing I've modified so far is a Tow Jam. Different rims which I don't really like (hard to find two identical axle size larger rims for the back) changed the window plastic (I have two), and changed the back crane plastic color again from the other one.
I've been quite fortunate on my Twin Mill findings; each were locally found at walmart, but they sell quick with the name. Currently the one they're selling the most of is from the Volcano '10 series, where it's black metallic with red flames.
10_212.jpg

Here's a tip, however: Don't crap out if you can't find a Twin Mill. They also make the Twin Mill III, which I have two of in Orange Metallic (Just as pictured).

Twin_Mill_3_-_08FE.JPG

And I WANT THIS!!
TM3_3.jpg

Cheers,
Jetboy

Fair Enough... :lol:

I'm currently customising the fastback and my cougar.
The Fastback: I taped up the stripes(blue and white) and Etch Primed the body. The I blew a coat of White paint over it and will hand paint the bottom half blue once it's dry.

The Cougar: It had a stupid looking plastic wing when I got it so I took it off and bogged up the holes in the boot where it went. I then Etch Primed it and Blew a Coat of white paint over it aswell. I'll hand paint the top black after it's dry.

Does anybody know if you can get the decals from anywhere for any car?
The reason I ask is because the Fastback had a Mustang Sticker and a Hotwheels sticker but I only want the Mustang sign to put back on the car.

Cheers, Cougar23

DUDE Twinmill III looks epic, much better than Twinmill II. I'll have to keep looking. Unfortunately with this terrible cigarette habit I never have any extra money so I'm stuck with the ones I have for now. I still have a decent selection but the new ones are epic.

Ok so I finished the cougar and the fastback.

Here's a Picture of the Fastback before

And After

I decide to just paint the fastback white and keep the stripes and the standard wheels.
It turned out alright except for the edges where the tape peeled off some paint.

Here's a picture of the cougar before
And After.

I went with the black on top white on bottom scheme for the cougar and slapped a set of dodge wheels on it. The cougar is also suffering from the jagged edges because of the tape and I will definetly be finding some different tape tomorrow.

Cheers, Cougar23

Ok so I finished the cougar and the fastback.

Here's a Picture of the Fastback before

And After

I decide to just paint the fastback white and keep the stripes and the standard wheels.
It turned out alright except for the edges where the tape peeled off some paint.

Here's a picture of the cougar before
And After.

I went with the black on top white on bottom scheme for the cougar and slapped a set of dodge wheels on it. The cougar is also suffering from the jagged edges because of the tape and I will definetly be finding some different tape tomorrow.

Cheers, Cougar23

You have to let it dry for a long time as well as do very light coats, that should solve the problem. I'd probably even let it dry for a day or so just to be sure.

Edit: On a random not I pulled out the dusty old Hotwheels Turbo Racing for PS1 and gave it a play. So many memories, was one of the first games I ever had. Gotta love the intro too, has everything a kid could want, Metallica, physics bending stunts, and plenty of explosions :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah that should help

Here's what I've been working on so far.

I think the rims I put on are terrible but the stock ones aren't too good looking either. I moved some plastic bits from the white one and broke off a metal piece on the rear crane so it can rotate slightly to either side. I just put the Camaro on there because it's one of the best quality ones I have.

My first body modification. I don't know why I was compelled to put a wing on it, but it was pretty easy with the plastic so I decided to go for it. After I took that shot I colored the rims with red sharpie for some reason, not a good idea. I hope it comes off, but otherwise I could get different rims

And last is the ever changing Beetle. I decided it was time to beef up the rear tires but I think I went a little overboard :D There was plenty of modification done to make these fit. I had to cut the plastic bit on the inside of the tires that sticks out and sand down a bit of the frame just to get them to fit well frame wise. The body also took plenty of sanding, but I wanted it to be able to roll, not just be a sitting beauty model. Still trying to find some good front rims as well

You guys are nuts.
In a good way.

Thankyou for changing your font Cougar, I appreciate that.

I like the black and white scheme you went for, reminds me of the M3, but you need to get those tiny bits of white near the roof edges covered to finish it off. Maybe use the toothpick someone else mentioned before.
I like a thread with pix.

:irked:👍

Yeah I am going to pull the Cougar back down and most probably repaint it. I'll get some better tape and do what Diablo said about light coats. I'll make sure I get all the little nooks and crannies this time too.
Which Reminds me,...I'm going into town today and am going to go to the model/hobby shop to see if I can pick up a sort of 'out there' metallic paint to paint the Impala. I might pick up another few cars if I get a chance too.

I like the wheelswap on the Buggy, Diablo'.
I looks good. Like a Baja Buggy/Drag Buggy if you know what I mean. :lol:

Jetboy, I can't wait to see that Charger with new wheels and a respray. Please do it in the near future. I have a lot of confidence on saying your customs will be a lot better than mine :lol:

Cheers, Cougar23

Back