1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
You are going to have to create layers & stack'em, like Cano does with his storage!

I can't do that. I need them instantly accessible. For playing.

I yanked out all the Chevys from that bunch of muscle-bound trash and put them in a separate tray - that should make room.

There are 14 Chevy packages, and only 8 spots in the new 'Chevy' tray (after taking out the 2 Camaros that got into the core Chevy lot which will go with the 4 packages that are Camaros - which go in a separate tray.)
So two Chevy's are going to be too much.
All this math. Collecting is such hard work.

OG. I hope there is room in the Camaro tray.

Edit: Just found a duplicate orange Camaro, so that reduces the jam - that will go into 'stock'. ;)
And there was plenty of space in the Camaro tray. In fact there were Vipers in there!

All this just goes to show that a little organisation helps, doesn't it?

I spent many hours off and on this weekend organising my cars, because I wanted to make sure that when I opened the bunch that was overdue for opening I wasn't going to be opening duplicates. And this is only the set of American muscle cars I'm working on.

There is also the commercial vehicles lot, the Euro and Asian street cars lot, the racing cars lot.. . .

Edit 2#:
Opened all the Camaros and then realised something:
A quick switch of trays and the math was now on a totally different page.

The smaller tray which held all the Chevys was switched with the bigger tray that held the Camaros and Vipers. So a lot more room in the general Chevy tray; and some of them (Stationwagons) will be going to another tray. This means I can buy more Chevys.
Or so I thought till I discovered the Gassers that suddenly surfaced from the general Muscle car pile when I rechecked the pile.

Not a big problem, though - there is still room in that tray.

Handheld shots, but I hope they're clear enough for you guys to get some detail on the cars. :)
Be back tomorrow. A Happy and Holy Easter to all of you here, on GTPlanet, who are observing it. :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey Harry, if you need more storage and instant access to em, create stackable trays. That's what I have with my cars currently. What you have is very similar. And putting them on their sides means you can have more cars per tray. đź‘Ť I can take pics for you if you like.

As for identifying cars, let's say it was a coincidence I happen to be a little bit more familiar than the rest of us. One day I was browsing for black wheels with brand names printed on the tires. That's when I ventured into the Racing Champs brand. I have photographic memory of their general wheel design - that's what most of the cars had in the photo you posted. Afterward, I considered one of them being a '90s Matchbox where their nascar wheels have enormous print and the bodies having an overall boxier look.

Ask me about Lesneys, Redlines, or Johnny Lightnings and I won't sound as knowledgeable anymore. :lol:

Got a question, if you open (unrivit) a HW car or any model car for that matter it is pretty much a given that its then worthless in terms of resale?

Got a question, if you open (unrivit) a HW car or any model car for that matter it is pretty much a given that its then worthless in terms of resale?

Unless it's made from solid gold or diamonds then yeah, opening it up will pretty much eliminate any value.

Even loose (uncarded) cars can still be worth a bit depending on the car itself and condition.

Anyone see anything in here they want? @AOS- @Cano IMAG0011.jpgIMAG0012.jpg

I found this while browsing eBay. I think the guy is just spamming, read the description!
The silver Vette looks interesting, too.
I noticed that, too. If I collected mainlines, I'd have inquired about that one as well. đź‘Ť

Phone won't let me delete the smiley lol. Orange Mustang?
That'll happen, and yes, below the Scion.

Also, since I have these cars going now, would it still be possible to pick up either the CRX and/or Toyota 4x4 from the Cool Classics?

Not to mention he stole those photos from Lamley. I'm going to swing by the Wal-Mart that had the trucks in the morning (if they are still there) and I think Target has the CRX. I just went by there and they were closed. :odd:

Can you save me the blue Camaro?

AAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHHHH GO TO HELL @a6m5 -___- I have been considering buying a multipack just for that car. Screw you to Japan and back.

Eh, I'll have the Maverick and the silver Vette and the mazda and, iirc, you already had a red Cyclone for me, right?

EDIT: HahaHAhaHa that E-Bay Civic listing is epic :lol:

Not to mention he stole those photos from Lamley.
I'm gonna report him. Not cool.
I'm going to swing by the Wal-Mart that had the trucks in the morning (if they are still there) and I think Target has the CRX. I just went by there and they were closed. :odd:
Easter Sunday? No pressure, but if you'd just look next time you are at the stores, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!
AAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHHHH GO TO HELL @a6m5 -___- I have been considering buying a multipack just for that car. Screw you to Japan and back.
So I can come back?
No way man, I'm not ammused!

Obviously. Also go to hell.
Did you see that Jason didn't even ask me, he mentioned exclusively you & Andy, but I stuck my nose in first anyways? You know why? Because I live in America & America's #1, because it's the greatest, it's the best(just replace Miata with America :lol:)
He even said it had no collectible value yet he is selling it for that price! :crazy:
If you look at his feedback, he's selling other mainlines for $100, too, and really selling them. My guess, he's dealing some kind of drugs.

Eh, I'll have the Maverick and the silver Vette and the mazda and, iirc, you already had a red Cyclone for me, right?

That Cyclone is different, I can snap photos after I finish repainting the b-pillars on my 1:1 car.

Anyone see anything in here they want?

Sorry, man. I've got most of the multipack trash you have there from the last 3 packs I bought.

Damn was gonna ask for the blue 'maro!

If anything, that goes for the both of us. I decided to stop collecting Camaros though.

I wouldn't mind the Maverick or the blue Shelby either.

Canadian dude. This Canadian dude has that same blue Shelby Cobra. Let's trade. Car will definitely reach you sooner, shipping will be less, etc.. PM me.

I think the guy is just spamming, read the description!

I think lost brain cells reading that.

Back