1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Sad to say, I'm kinda meh with this one...

Toyota+7+(2005+Tomica+Limited+0050).jpg

2005 Tomica Limited #0050 Toyota 7 Race Car

Toyota+7_1.jpg

Toyota+7_2.jpg

Something feels out of proportion...feels I say. I'm comparing it to my vague memory of the GT4 model. Maybe I spoiled myself on the "Hot Wheels large rear wheel" thing, because I think larger rear slicks would make this look so much more badass. :lol:

Maybe I should fix that weird ride height. Thing's got suspensions though.

That looks a lot better than the rainy race one. I know it's completely for fun, but I can still see improvements in the post-editing.

If, for example, you hold up the car in a similar angle they are now, spin the wheel and capture it, you'd probably get a more convincing radial blur than the radial blur on photoshop. You just have to cut and paste that into another shot. The same could be done if you took just a shot of your balcony ledge with the camera moving. Try it out if you're still taking photos right now.

Yeah I was pretty let down by the bland rear end... because I was sure a race car reveals much more than... that. Well, at least shipping was free.

BTW 2014 Matchbox Dinner Convention Toyota Tacoma up on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321468835691

Tis the pinnacle of current-era Matchbox. Let's see how high this one goes.

Same seller has the Dealer Charger Police and the bids are waaay up there.

Yeah I was pretty let down by the bland rear end... because I was sure a race car reveals much more than... that. Well, at least shipping was free.

BTW 2014 Matchbox Dinner Convention Toyota Tacoma up on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321468835691

Tis the pinnacle of current-era Matchbox. Let's see how high this one goes.

Same seller has the Dealer Charger Police and the bids are waaay up there.
I was watching the police car until it hit $60, then I saw them all going that high and lost interest.

Guess we'll just have to make our own police liveries then.

In regards the the 7, see it this way, I bought that awful-looking casting to expose its true image, so none of you have to be on the look out for one. Saved you all some moolah, so y'all owe me one now. :P

Mclaren+F1+GTR+Longtail+(2009+British+Sports+Car+Collection:Yellow).jpg

2009 British Sports Car Collection

That's 2 of 3. The third is arriving soon.

Mclaren+F1+(2009+British+Sports+Car+Collection:Silver).jpg

Mclaren+F1+(2009+British+Sports+Car+Collection:Red).jpg

Both also from 2009 British Sports Car Collection.

That's another 2 of 3, with the third arriving eventually.

10349081_10153045872664097_3256089589444472602_n.jpg

Last edited:
Buys and pays for a HW car on eBay on the 17th.

Gets a notice from the seller that it'll ship on the 21st.

Finally gets a shipping notice that it shipped....on the 23rd.

:rolleyes:

Guess we'll just have to make our own police liveries then.

In regards the the 7, see it this way, I bought that awful-looking casting to expose its true image, so none of you have to be on the look out for one. Saved you all some moolah, so y'all owe me one now. :P

Mclaren+F1+GTR+Longtail+(2009+British+Sports+Car+Collection:Yellow).jpg

2009 British Sports Car Collection

That's 2 of 3. The third is arriving soon.

Mclaren+F1+(2009+British+Sports+Car+Collection:Silver).jpg

Mclaren+F1+(2009+British+Sports+Car+Collection:Red).jpg

Both also from 2009 British Sports Car Collection.

That's another 2 of 3, with the third arriving eventually.

10349081_10153045872664097_3256089589444472602_n.jpg
They're all gorgeous and I need them and I can't afford them and I am very annoyed now.

Rant over. And because I didn't post the Futurama girl telling you to go to hell...

3880106888_581e6ee91b.jpg

I had something not ship until I questioned the seller.... or you know what's even worse? Those that immediately mark your item as shipped and later say they didn't have time to get around to doing it.

I had something not ship until I questioned the seller.... or you know what's even worse? Those that immediately mark your item as shipped and later say they didn't have time to get around to doing it.
"Oh yeah totally did it

I'll do it in a bit"- Everyone with a student mindset.

It's a community service. Don't think that we don't appreciate the fact that you spend money so we don't have to. :D
Rant over. And because I didn't post the Futurama girl telling you to go to hell...

She's from Bob's Burgers actually, not Futurama. :P

That's good to know, Jarrot*. Next time I have something I want, I'm gonna need you to buy it first, and do one of those wee ol' "reviews" for me. You know, the kind where people start recording from the parcel, opening everything up, bring the car too close for the camera to zoom in on and start telling me how cool it looks in the flesh? Yeah that would be super. Thanks, pal. You're the best.

lol

* I don't know why but "Jarrot the Frog" has a cute ring to it.

It looked so like Futurama... Odd...

It's a great show by the way, highly recommend it. 👍
You know, the kind where people start recording from the parcel, opening everything up, bring the car too close for the camera to zoom in on and start telling me how cool it looks in the flesh? Yeah that would be super. Thanks, pal. You're the best.

What the? Yeah, I'll respectfully decline. Think I'll stick to telling you all how good a car looks in the flesh in good old text format. :lol:
* I don't know why but "Jarrot the Frog" has a cute ring to it.

:boggled: :lol:

Went to Wallmart today and I was glad that I did.

What curious coicidence, I'm also glad I did because 69 Corvette $TH. Hangin' right at the front of the pegs too, amazingly.

Trade bait because ugly. We'll see what comes of it in the next meeting (:

Also the Ducati Panigale and the red old truck car carrier. And an M2 VW Bus. Good day, this.

What curious coicidence, I'm also glad I did because 69 Corvette $TH. Hangin' right at the front of the pegs too, amazingly.

Trade bait because ugly. We'll see what comes of it in the next meeting (:

Also the Ducati Panigale and the red old truck car carrier. And an M2 VW Bus. Good day, this.
I was mostly glad because I saw that GT.

Maaan, I kinda want that.

But now that I think about it, after looking at the back of a Kyosho USA Minicar series box, I might've just found a good reason to stop collecting most - if not all - American Hot Wheels cars.

I mean...when I see this:

Shelby+Cobra+427+(2008+USA+Sports+Car+Minicar+Collection:Red).jpg

or this:

Shelby+Cobra+427+(2010+USA+Sports+Car+Minicar+Collection:Silver+w+tampo).jpg

...I feel like the world is spinning on the right axis again.

I mean, after seeing all that, I don't think something like this:

Shelby+Cobra+427+(1997+Target+Motorin%27+Music+Set).jpg

or (god forbid) even this*:

Shelby+Cobra+427+S-C+(1999+Jay+Leno+Collection).jpg

is something I'd ever want in my life again.

*Yeah I'm still mad about that one.

I so almost changed my mind on that 918.

Buy why? It don't even got a balanced ride height. :lol:

edit: AOS sells lot of 6 Ford Focus for $25.
Buyer makes offer of $18 which gets automatically accepted.
Buyer pays and then asks for a bargain on another item because he "overpaid for the lot".
AOS is baffled.

Last edited:
Well the difference with the Kyosho's vs. the Hot Wheels, one of them has an average retail price of $1. Can't be too picky. Oh, and the red Kyosho Shelby has a huge windshield, so they are not perfect either.

----------------------------

Speaking of M2's and buses, I walked into a Walmart over the weekend and saw a guy walking out with one of the M2 VW Buses and got all excited that they actually had them. When I got back to the diecast isle, there were none left. :( I did find a blue Beetle at a Toys R Us shortly after, but I was slightly disappointed in the quality so I left it.

I think I secured myself that OH5 Mazda RX-7. I think. I hope. I hope that seller is honest and will ship me something legit, real and mint in two week's time, because I got really lucky this variation collector bumped into an oblivious trader.

Well the difference with the Kyosho is that one of them has an average retail price of $1.
Aside from the fact we've established settled that old debate starter many many times, I've also been slowly valuing quality over the price, so I don't see my subjective reasoning as being incorrect in that sense. I want prettier castings. Simple as that. :)

And yup, that Cobra's windshield is super large, but this also isn't the first encounter of Kyosho models not being perfect. Every long-standing brand so far has had their fair share of hiccups.

Last edited:
Back