Hot Wheels and Matchbox Customizing Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9,226 comments
Where exactly?

Window and windshield frames for starters. Take notice that the A-post in the 1971 Rivi is all chrome, not a single part of it is body color. Look at this, exactly your car, only shiny, but the chrome trim around the glass breaks the all-black blob and gives it a bit of life:
abuick4.jpg

EDIT: Ah, and also, the... thing in the center of the tail-lap panel is body color:

21851470004_large.jpg

~details on how to make the Riviera awesomer~

While you're at it you might want to paint the inside of the exhaust pipes black.
Cool car though, I may do something similar with my Riviera, but only after I finish the 9001 model kits I own (this will never happen).

Any sneak pics of your Brumos car @Cano ?

Nah, I have just finished the livery literally last night, and also a Martini version. This next saturday the cars will get painted and tampoed. They're being built to take part in a contest held the last saturday of this month under the "Mild" category, which only allows a paint job and wheel change, so we want to sweep it.

I'll take some pics of the painted shell and tag you, and again when they're done and we show them on the blog. Or just keep an eye in this thread, they'll eventually surface here. I'll make sure to post them up soon 👍

Even the base was all bent. :(

I'm doing my best to restore it though.

I'm surprised you're even trying. I would have cut the engine and the grille so maybe I can use it in other car and throw the rest away, or maybe try to straighten the framr and keep it, hoping to one day find a body that needs it. Still, respect if you manage to do anything with it.

I'm surprised you're even trying. I would have cut the engine and the grille so maybe I can use it in other car and throw the rest away, or maybe try to straighten the framr and keep it, hoping to one day find a body that needs it. Still, respect if you manage to do anything with it.

The hardest part will be the interior. I'll have to scratch build something. :nervous:

Funny I was just looking at that one earlier and how it reminded me of the Custom Mustang and then you post it. :lol:

Well, both are 67s, so it indeed should remind you of it. Altough to be fair, the redline casting is incredibly bad.

Is it bad that I like the Redline casting better? :P Haha, I knew there was something similar about the two but I never bothered to look them up. Redline casting is old, but gold! Literally! :lol:

Just take it off another Mustang. Maybe an interior off this one:
67mustang.grey.jpg

could be a good starting point. That or the Shelby version released a year ago or so, just look for Mustangs in the bins!

image.jpg

Or I could find one of these reproductions at a flea market or something, for the roof and interior.

I play too

I have lots more, some VERY modified but I need to find them.
perhaps I have mental issues... I still play with em... beyond normal play

found a few more of my simple re-paints..
another for the Nismo family

this was actually just a sticker slap from an old happy meal toy

Pair of Gremlins for different purposes

and found one of my more than just repaints... Monster truck anyone

Back