How about a sub-forum for hosts

Chrunch Houston

Probably should be called Chrunch Louisville
Premium
United States
Kentucky
Chrunch_Houston
I would like to suggest a sub-forum in the "GT6 Online Racing forum" for new hosts that are currently running online rooms.
I don’t know what you would call it, “Current Rooms”, “Rooms Now Open”…

I have often thought that the open lobby in Gran Turismo should be like Changing chanels on a television. My room is set up for people that like racing the way I do and @Johnnypenso room is set up for people that like racing the way he does. And so on and so on.

The biggest problem I see is that there is no "TV-Guide" to tell the user what is currently on.

I always read on here about the nightmare of popping into a random online room.

What I propose is a sub-forum where a host can describe thier room’s settings, rules, Etc. in the OP.
And then whenever, they open their room they can post my room is open, and the new room ID.

But this forum would have to allow an exemption to the AUP so that the host may bump their thread whenever they open their room. Of course this “bumping” could be limited to once or twice a day to stop abuse.

Also with the “Like” addition to GTPlanet users could rate the hosted rooms in the OP.

It took me a very long time to build an audience to my room. Maybe this will help speed up that process to new hosts.

Last edited:
We already have a topic for introducing racing series and surely it's not too hard to look through the forum, as long as people design clear OP's. Or am I missing the point here?

@Jordan What I am proposing is continuously updated list of currently open rooms.

When you start a room you post, or bump your old post to the top with the room number.

This forum would ONLY be for new room openings - no chit chat whatsoever.

This way every thread at the top of the forum would have been placed there when a room opens, and if a lot of hosts participate many of those rooms will still be open.

As a driver looking for a room, I could go into that sub-forum and quickly find a room that suits my taste and go race.

Oh, OK, I think I understand what you're saying now. Do enough people play online in that way to support a dedicated forum, though, or would such threads simply be better suited to the Single Races forum?

Oh, OK, I think I understand what you're saying now. Do enough people play online in that way to support a dedicated forum, though, or would such threads simply be better suited to the Single Races forum?

I think more people would host if their rooms would populate quicker, and I think more people would go online and race if finding a decent lobby were not so difficult.

I am beginning to think however that creating a sub-forum and then telling people they can only post when starting a room might not work well. Someone comments "good room" after it is over, that will bump the thread. A Mod tells them not to make unnecessary comments and that will bump it again.

I think what I am trying to achieve can be accomplished with a thread pinned to the top of the single races sub forum.

The OP of the thread could state that this thread is for announcing room openings only.

The posts would contain a description and room number.

Someone looking for a room would just scroll the the end to see the latest rooms.

I think a thread would be better suited, too. Create it and try it out. 👍

If it gets too cluttered, you could maybe report old posts and have mods delete posts for old rooms. Just a possible suggestion if you try a thread.

If it gets too cluttered, you could maybe report old posts and have mods delete posts for old rooms. Just a possible suggestion if you try a thread.
I think that would overload the report system. Maybe when rooms close the owner of the room edits their post to say "Room Closed" or something along those lines.

I think that would overload the report system. Maybe when rooms close the owner of the room edits their post to say "Room Closed" or something along those lines.
Yeah, I thought about that AFTER I posted..... The most realistic bet would be either that or posts that delete after a set time (if that is possible).

I started a thread. If you feel it is worthy of a pin....
But I won't be disappointed if you don't. Hopefully it will float by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stick that thread to the top.

It'll be easier for people to look at
I would love to see that thread catch on. I first started hosting after The Great PSN Blackout of 2011.

Now my room fills up pretty quickly, but back then I would sit for a half hour or more before anyone joined.

Online racing is SO much fun, and I hate reading all of the negative crap from people that are so frustrated because they can't find a decent room, or they start a room and no one joins.

It will take participation from the GTPlanet community though.

I'd think the threads wouldn't need to be stickied. If there's any activity it'll float to the top by itself. If there isn't any activity then well, nice try but it's not working; no sense cluttering up the forum with yet another sticky.

I think what I am trying to achieve can be accomplished with a thread pinned to the top of the single races sub forum.

It would be awesome if the new thread that Crunch has made was stickied in the GT Single Races & Time Trials forum. I'll certainly be using it when opening rooms & looking for ones to join.

👍

Back