How hard can it be to update Spa-Francorchamps?

• Thread starter zlays
  • 53 comments
The same as Monza, the kerbs are painted as red-white-green combination since 2011 I think, but I´m not sure if I want to see the Parabolica updated.

I think its because of the sponsor Shell in 2011. And since then they are yellow-red. But i like it more classic red-white.
So if u ask me no need to update that.
But if you want yellow-red kerbs in Spa play F1 2012,2013.

Mainly the kerbs in yellow-red combination...
anigif_enhanced-buzz-6068-1355938609-14.gif

:odd:....

I was disappointed they didn't update this between GT5 and GT6 as it would have given the track a fresh new look.

For those saying it takes away from time for other projects, I was able to update the Spa graphics of another game from white/red to yellow/red in about 15 minutes to a high standard, so I'm sure it wouldn't take PD that long ...

I think its because of the sponsor Shell in 2011. And since then they are yellow-red. But i like it more classic red-white.
So if u ask me no need to update that.
But if you want yellow-red kerbs in Spa play F1 2012,2013.

Assuming this is true (and I don't know that, but being a fairly informed race fan it's totally believable and rings of truth to me), the yellow and red curbs absolutely should NOT be in the game. 1). Because it's just subliminal advertising. It's a color combination designed to draw your attention.......but not as the driver to help cue you on your line, but the attention of the consumer to cue them to think of the yellow and red of Shell gas.

And 2) Because those colors are just going to change back to proper racing red/white, or possibly some other combination to subliminally advertise for some other company in the future when the track inevitably gets a new sponser within the next year or so.

It makes more sense for a racing game, especially imo Gran Turismo, to keep it the more traditional colors.

It would have been logical to update the kerbs themselves during production, given that they also gave Spa full 24Hr Time change. But it's pretty meaningless when the rest of the track is up to date.

I'm pretty sure the track is a 2010 version of it. They've made it periodically correct to when it was designed, much like the Indianapolis Road Course. That is a 2005 variation and not the newer circuits that the Moto GP race on. It's found throughout the game. I personally prefer the red and white, it looks better overall. Although, the one update I think they should do is change turn 10 (Bruxelles). It now has tarmac on the outside instead of gravel but that's the only thing I think needs updating and it's not a do-or-die kind of change.

I take it you watched P1 and/or P2 this morning... They have not been like that for very long, IIRC. Maybe two years I would say. Either it is not worth the time at the moment. Could also be contrast issue. Yellows, oranges and reds don't look very well in GT6 for some reason. If you look at the yellow, raised kerbs at the RBR...the yellow is dull and the sun doesn't seem to affect glare off of it. So...me thinks they have to do that with some other shades of said colors. Most course surfaces reflect light and all that jazz, so I figure that could be part of the issue. With all the elevation changes at spa, the glare can get annoying during certain time frames. At least I think so.
Mainly the kerbs in yellow-red combination...

Last edited:
Assuming this is true (and I don't know that, but being a fairly informed race fan it's totally believable and rings of truth to me), the yellow and red curbs absolutely should NOT be in the game. 1). Because it's just subliminal advertising. It's a color combination designed to draw your attention.......but not as the driver to help cue you on your line, but the attention of the consumer to cue them to think of the yellow and red of Shell gas.

And 2) Because those colors are just going to change back to proper racing red/white, or possibly some other combination to subliminally advertise for some other company in the future when the track inevitably gets a new sponser within the next year or so.

It makes more sense for a racing game, especially imo Gran Turismo, to keep it the more traditional colors.

In that case, we should switch Silverstone back to blue/white, not the red/white which they use for Santander...

Red/yellow are also the Belgian colours don't forget, so not that ridiculous to have them as the colours at Spa, even if it is part of a Shell agreement.

I take it you watched P1 and/or P2 this morning... They have not been like that for very long, IIRC. Maybe two years I would say. Either it is not worth the time at the moment. Could also be contrast issue. Yellows, oranges and reds don't look very well in GT6 for some reason. If you look at the yellow, raised kerbs at the RBR...the yellow is dull and the sun doesn't seem to affect glare off of it. So...me thinks they have to do that with some other shades of said colors. Most course surfaces reflect light and all that jazz, so I figure that could be part of the issue. With all the elevation changes at spa, the glare can get annoying during certain time frames. At least I think so.
Yeah I was watching F1's P1 and P2 and just thinking it would be a nice refresh of track nothing else...wasn't my intention to make anybody mad or something :D and thanks for your explanation,cheers!

Yeah I was watching F1's P1 and P2 and just thinking it would be a nice refresh of track nothing else...wasn't my intention to make anybody mad or something :D and thanks for your explanation,cheers!
Check out the clips of the gp3 crash at the bus stop chicane. Bizarre. Spun, back into he inside kerb, jumped it going back and the went flying through the air, then caught fire. Driver is fine, but it was a pretty wild wreck! Glad he is ok! Haven't seen one like that all year between GP2/3 and F1. Prob one of the most bizarre wrecks I have seen in a while, to be honest.

If there's any track in GT6 that needs updating it's Indianapolis. The track texture on the speedway looks like concrete and the road course layout is so old Al Unser Jr can navigate it perfectly after leaving the bar.

Everyone right now:
Oh my god, the kerbs are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 This game sucks PS3 has no games!

Seriously, this will probably updated in GT7 and there are things that are far more important that need to be fixed in GT6 right now like those awful car sounds.
Like everyone else is saying, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway needs to be updated, even Daytona.

Out of all the missing and lack thereof features, you're complaining about the color of the kerbs on track? You think they need to update the Nurburgring because the track graffiti isn't 100% authentic?

That particular example isn't that great, as the graffiti does make a huge difference.

Back