How is the CITROEN GT Race Car???

• Thread starter cb1021
  • 41 comments

cb1021

(Banned)
WainmanRabbit
Anybody tried this car?? How is it?? How fast is it in comparison to other race cars (group C, touring, super GT, etc.)??

Nice Day,
Citreon GT LMP is by far the best looking car when only you painted it chrome. But my first impression of boughting this car into dealership was by far the most ugly boxed LMP i ever bought & it handles like a t-rex. It had so much promise on GTP, yet it was of those car who finished with bad fairytales.

Yeah, the cockpit is like an alein space ship. Overall the car is junk in my op, its not fast nor does it handle great. You figure a car that looks the way it does would be super fast yet its not.

5319613994_b22df1cdbc_b.jpg

I love how this car handles and looks. Makes for some fun times around Nurburg.

I thought this car would be rubbish, but it's one of my favorites.

I'm trying to decide on wether or not to buy this car. I've got $7.6M right now but need to save some money to buy a LM race car to complete some of the events with the LM cars (i.e. "All Stars" and "Like the Wind"). So I need $4M for the Peugeot 908 and $750,000 for the Lexus IS F Concept to compete in the DTM series. With those two cars I should have everything I need to finish the Extreme series.

If I buy the Citreon GT race car ($5.6M) now I'll need to grind a bit more to get the money for the other two and I'm not sure how competitive the Citroen will be in any of the Extreme races. I'd hate to buy it and not use it.

I've been farming money like crazy with the Seasonal Bonus races (those are not only fun but net you some serious cash and experience). But I've only got one more Bonus race I can run before I have to wait another week for new ones. This last race ought to give me around $1M so that makes me a lot closer to having the money for everything.

Decisions, decisions ....

It's a great handling car and a joy to drive. the interior view looks great in a night time event too. Don't bother buying it, just win Dreamcar Championship in B-spec and enjoy a free one.

It's a great handling car and a joy to drive. the interior view looks great in a night time event too. Don't bother buying it, just win Dreamcar Championship in B-spec and enjoy a free one.

Yeah, I thought about that but I'm only level 8 in B-spec and quite honestly I can't see me putting in the time to get to level 19 to win it. B-spec isn't really my cup of tea. I much prefer to drive myself. B-spec can be frustrating if you enter a competitive car and boring if you enter a dominant car. It's just not all that exciting and too easy to use a grinding tool. I'd prefer to earn my money in A-spec.

Plus, I figure that if I do get to that level in B-spec someday I can always sell the one I bought to make some money back.

It looks great and feels ok but i find it almost impossible to drive in cockpit view , any uphill section leaves you virtually blind but at least the green HUD is cool 👍

Yeah, I thought about that but I'm only level 8 in B-spec and quite honestly I can't see me putting in the time to get to level 19 to win it. B-spec isn't really my cup of tea. I much prefer to drive myself. B-spec can be frustrating if you enter a competitive car and boring if you enter a dominant car. It's just not all that exciting and too easy to use a grinding tool. I'd prefer to earn my money in A-spec.

Plus, I figure that if I do get to that level in B-spec someday I can always sell the one I bought to make some money back.

If that's the way you want to go. I agree with the general opinion here on the car itself. It's not the fastest thing on 4 wheels, but she'll turn on a dime and give you 5 cents back in change.

I'm trying to decide on wether or not to buy this car. I've got $7.6M right now but need to save some money to buy a LM race car to complete some of the events with the LM cars (i.e. "All Stars" and "Like the Wind"). So I need $4M for the Peugeot 908 and $750,000 for the Lexus IS F Concept to compete in the DTM series. With those two cars I should have everything I need to finish the Extreme series.

If I buy the Citreon GT race car ($5.6M) now I'll need to grind a bit more to get the money for the other two and I'm not sure how competitive the Citroen will be in any of the Extreme races. I'd hate to buy it and not use it.

I've been farming money like crazy with the Seasonal Bonus races (those are not only fun but net you some serious cash and experience). But I've only got one more Bonus race I can run before I have to wait another week for new ones. This last race ought to give me around $1M so that makes me a lot closer to having the money for everything.

Decisions, decisions ....

I like the car but I'd say no. Its fun and I traded for it and enjoy it because it cost me almost nothing. But there are much more useful ways to spend your money if you need something competitive to finish Extreme and other races. For all the races its good for there are other cars that are better, and more useful in other races.

I have a road car and a concept, and I prefer the road car. I am getting the race car (doing some B-spec now) but the road car gets up to 702 or so HP, and also has a trannie versus the concept, which is (sigh) electirc.

I have a road car and a concept, and I prefer the road car. I am getting the race car (doing some B-spec now) but the road car gets up to 702 or so HP, and also has a trannie versus the concept, which is (sigh) electirc.

The road car is a good car.
The electric concept understeers but once you buy the 4WD wheel split thingy ma jig then it is a good car too.
The Race is a pretty good car but its simply not on par with the others that its suppose to be with.

My only gripe about the car is that it takes awhile to get used to the interior view.

Nice way of saying the interior's view is rubbish. Your screen shows the street pretty well... on about 15% of its size. The other room is used by the car, and by that useless stupid speed number. How does that help you driving if you can't see how fast you go and don't even have a RPM gauge included?!

Like a lot of racecars the interior view is next to unusable because you can't actually see the road. No big fan of the interior design either, but the exterior looks awesome. I guess it's fast but I haven't really driven it a lot.

Back