How long before GT6 is ruined by modders?

Are you bothered by modders?

• Total voters
I personally have no problem with modders, the only issue I have is with those who assume your a hacker as your 2-3s a lap quicker than them per lap simply because your a better driver and have a good tune. I've been accused and kicked multiple times in GT5 and this will inevitably happen again once these cars surface in GT6.

There are some people on this forum whose names I will not mention that hate on hybrids and have absolutely no clue as to how they work. One guy went out of his way to assume that hybriders are fat no-lifes who just sit in their basement listening to dubstep while they hack GT5. Another blatantly told me to leave GTP because I was "hacking the game and ruining the fun for everyone". There is a MAJOR difference between hacking and save-editing. Hacking involves using a jailbroken PS3 to perform actions that cannot be done by means of simple save editing (such as being able to take Standard cars to Photo Travel and racing Karts in Career Mode) while save editing involves editing codes within your save file to trigger different outcomes, such as placing the code from a Corvette C6's engine onto the place for a Camaro Z/28's engine code. When you load up your game, your Camaro will now have a C6 'Vette engine. You do NOT need a hacked PS3 to do this!
Also if so many people are against hybridding, limit the PP or set tire wear/fuel consumption on! Duh! Crazily hacked cars will drain their fuel within 40 seconds of a race and will be limited to 49mph.

Thanks for clearing that up a lil I was one who was not of the understanding of how this all works so thanks for breaking down. I have no issues with the save editing. Hacking I guess I am from the old school on. If doesn't affect me or the community then fine but if it's causing grief for all concerned then I stand against.

God you're negative :embarrassed:

Most negative person I have come across on any forum. Anyway by the sounds of it he is one unhappy guy in life, I actually feel sorry for him

Last edited:
I've seen many times people in GT5 moding by just removing the wing. Now though there is an option to remove the wing in GT-Auto... PD thought this through

I've seen many times people in GT5 moding by just removing the wing. Now though there is an option to remove the wing in GT-Auto... PD thought this through

It is like the Street Fighter II Champion Edition bootlegs. In those, for instance, hadoukens could appear when Chun-Li executes Hyakuretsu-Kyaku. In Hyper Fighting, she was given a projectile move, Kikouken. ;)

I was banned from the Forza forums till the year 2182 for being mean to Che. ;)
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Get your great-great-great grandchildren to login onto your Forza account when your ban is lifted just to see if they're being serious :lol: .

Just did a search on google and modders have already got into GT6, but I think it is just for money though. Beginning to wish I had never looked....

:banghead:

Just did a search on google and modders have already got into GT6, but I think it is just for money though. Beginning to wish I had never looked....

:banghead:
That was fast! Less than 24 hours since the game came out (at least where I am) and people are already hacking.

I race with people on here that actually and even if they did mod it wouldn't be a big issue because a racing series has restrictions. Finding like minded racers usually prevents disappointment that common sense would tell you that open lobbies are going to create most of the time.

That was fast! Less than 24 hours since the game came out (at least where I am) and people are already hacking.

There was a video of what could be obviously seen as a credit hack a week and half ago on the forum.

Also if so many people are against hybridding, limit the PP or set tire wear/fuel consumption on! Duh! Crazily hacked cars will drain their fuel within 40 seconds of a race and will be limited to 49mph.

Not everyone wants to race with tyre wear/fuel consumption on. Also, I don't want any hybrids, even realistic ones, on my public lobby because they still put other players, who do not have access or knowledge about them, at a slight disadvantage (more tuning options, more tools to optimize a car). I have no problem if they are only used among friends or when a host is ok with them.

over the years i did my fair share of modding .. as for gt5 i never abused anyone else in the game where as if the lobby was for 750.000 hp cars i would use one and if the race was one of 500hp then that is what i used .... there is a vast difference in a modder and an outright idiot ... please dont get confused with the two ... gt6 as far as i know is modable only with a jailbroke ps3 .. there again this is not illegal ..only the modding bit is

Old thread..

If the hacking/modding isn't fixed by 1.06 or 1.07, it will turn into a repeat of GT5. I don't mind it so much for offline or credit mods, but having hacks online is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

I can't wait for it to be decripted, bring back the fun. Drift machine, rally rebels and race monsters. Thats what i miss from gt5, the great swaps and drops i made, bever ruined anyone, never competed in SEs or Real Races. Unfair as PP is miss calculated if you go from FWD to RWD.

People need to realize that modded cars aren't faster than unmodded cars at the same PP.
Ok so the thread is old. The guys above me bumped it, and I noticed this post and a few others along the same lines. What I quoted is false. You can definitely make a car faster and get by the pp restriction. For instance, A miura with an NSX type R '02 chassis. Handles like an NSX and has the speed of the miura. Sure the pp changed as a result of all the swaps but the car was unbeatable. 111r's couldn't keep up. Or... I made an RX7 with an 8 speed tranny. That alone made the car faster than an LFA down the straight on the ring, normally it's a mid pack car (when it comes to straight line speed) so... Modded cars, were, and probably will be faster than unmodded cars. Regardless of the restrictions. Oh... And in GT6 downforce doesn't effect pp points. So now it will be even worse.

Most of you people talk about 1,000,000HP Cars but what I'm talking about is something like this.

I hope after watching this you will see that hacking cars is much more fun than you imagine.

I'm hopefully getting a stanced Amuse Nismo 380RS turbo swapped with that sound swapped in made today or tomorrow :# I loveeee that sound and cruising with it will be amazing :D

I miss being able to engine/drivetrain swap with the garage editor back then.
Miss drifting my RWD Audi TT running with a Turbocharged Nascar V8... good times.

I actually got my first modded car today from a modder. SLR McLaren with the Type B aero kit (the widebody) with a chassis swap so the wheels fit the aero kit and a turbo swapped in :D
Can you show us your SLR?

Back