How long before GT6 is ruined by modders?

Are you bothered by modders?

• Total voters
Well one thing is that you can't trade cars. This way they won't spread like wildfire when modders crack the code

Nice editorial style title.. heh

Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps3e0e5a33.gif

Modding adds to Gran Turismo 6 when done the right way, period.

I was hoping that would have come off as an example and not taken in a literal sense but nice to know there's always at least one nitpicker.

don't claim something that is entirely false without citation...

It's against the AUP

I don't beleive I've posted anything against the AUP, which I'm familiar with so no need to quote it in response, but prove me wrong if you wish.

Examples are literal.

I think @Downhill Dino meant "as an expression", not "example". It clearly wasn't meant to be a literal statement. There's no actual way to calculate good/bad "modder ratios". That was nitpicking. And a ridiculous thing to nitpick @, at that.

You spelled improve wrong.

"Improved by modders."

And here we are... Back in internet English class... :rolleyes:

Edit: My sarcasm radar was off... Funny! :cheers:

Last edited:
Perhaps the GT5 modders ruined the possibility of trading in GT6. In which case, aspects of GT6 were ruined by modders before it was even released.
Perhaps Kaz/PD are smart enough to realize that since every version of GT so far has had hybriding, it's inevitable, and he's not concerned about it. Perhaps hybriding could just as easily drive sales since most of the hardcore fans have bought the game before the hybriding starts and some people might be attracted to the game for that purpose. Perhaps.
I think @Downhill Dino meant "as an expression", not "example". It clearly wasn't meant to be a literal statement. There's no actual way to calculate good/bad "modder ratios". That was nitpicking. And a ridiculous thing to nitpick @, at that.

And here we are... Back in internet English class... :rolleyes:
Ironic that you point out my supposed misinterpretation while at the same time completely missing what was obvious sarcasm. Sounds like you're jumping the gun on all fronts tonight :cheers:

EDIT: Oh I see you self corrected...well done:tup:

So basically you ignored the very post you quoted. Good job. It's just an expression (Thanks @SZRT Ice that's the word I was looking for), and was never meant to be an actual ratio. I asked for you to prove me wrong on my apparent AUP breaking post and you have nothing, because my post didn't even mean 1:1. Is this hard to understand?

Perhaps the GT5 modders ruined the possibility of trading in GT6. In which case, aspects of GT6 were ruined by modders before it was even released.

I personally guess that's more down to the introduction of microtransactions for credits rather than modding, but I don't work for PD so wouldn't know.

It was easy to give a buddy a fully tuned car without losing it from your own garage by simply reloading your save afterwards. Now you have to buy and tune all cars for yourself with the loss of the trade feature, and coincidently there's now a handy option to buy in-game credits for real money.

gt6 suck for interactions between two peoples games. But happily there is better games coming. And i think this is the end for gran turismo game saga. GAME OVER.

Y'all missing the point.

"how long before gt6 is ruined by modders", is a question, not a statement. It makes ample provision for an answer of, for example, "Probably about 6 months when all the ethical modders go off to play another game, until then, it will only IMPROVE the game".

But anyway, this thread really does typify GTPlanet these days. For shame....

I only have a problem when things are done "unrealistically", say I don't know a Civic with 10.000BHP. Personally I'm always conscious that it is a video game, an illusion. So with a game that aims for realism to see a car accelerate from 0 to say 400 Km/h in 3 seconds or less it totally breaks that illusion and reminds me it is all fake and ruins the experience. This happened to me when I was playing the Formula GT seasonal event and someone did a lap about 8 seconds faster than anyone on a ridiculously hacked car. It is the same as watching a movie and seeing a mic boom sneak in a scene. Maybe for that very same reason is why I wasn't that happy to see the Red Bull X20** cars come to GT.

But well if people are doing it it's because they just want more options (engine swaps, turbo upgrades, etc) hopefully Pd will work towards providing all these things out of the box and then people won't feel like bothering with trying to crack the game.

So basically you ignored the very post you quoted. Good job. It's just an expression (Thanks @SZRT Ice that's the word I was looking for), and was never meant to be an actual ratio.
Using an expression in the same context as to what this thread is about, is not the best idea and was taken as an "example"...

Next time, choose a better one.

I asked for you to prove me wrong on my apparent AUP breaking post and you have nothing, because my post didn't even mean 1:1. Is this hard to understand?

For every good one there's a bad one
SEpCU.gif

So basically you ignored the very post you quoted. Good job. It's just an expression (Thanks @SZRT Ice that's the word I was looking for), and was never meant to be an actual ratio. I asked for you to prove me wrong on my apparent AUP breaking post and you have nothing, because my post didn't even mean 1:1. Is this hard to understand?
Only by people with a thorough grasp of english.
I have only seen the occasional modder online so far and I have never ever been crashed into by one, which is a huge improvement over GT5 ;)

So this far I'm not bothered at all.
I raced extensively in GT5 online and even moreso during the hybrid era. Never once encountered an unrealistic hybrid in a circuit racing room. Much like the swine flu, bird flu, climate change, etc....the fear of hybriding is 99%hysteria/1%common sense.

Back