How many cars should GT6 have?

• Thread starter Conza
  • 631 comments
So being THE Playstation brand since the PS1 is not gonna be taken seriously from other developers?

Lol what?

I don't think PD is worried about popularity when they got history to back then
up.

History means very little. Do you really think they can keep putting out games with old content in and get away with it? There was a large uproar around standard cars in GT5, it would be even worse if GT6 did the same.

I mean let me ask you, what other game of this generation do you know that have last generation assets directly imported? I don't know any.

So being THE Playstation brand since the PS1 is not gonna be taken seriously from other developers?

Lol what?

I don't think PD is worried about popularity when they got history to back then
up.

Like 'history' (if you can even call roughly 15 years history) is even that relevant in the continuously changing world of videogames where what's current counts more than anything.
And even if it were, history or a decent reputation is hard (and takes time) to achieve, yet it's very easy to discard off with a few poor titles (hypothetically).
And it's always a sign of weakness to largely rely on past achievements or for it to be used as a proper argument to defend the current situation in this matter at least.
PD's incredibly succesful past ensured it evolved into the huge game it currently is but it won't be the single thing that ensures it'll necessarily survive or be as highly regarded in years to come.

Also a very random example but look at a company like Nokia. They had a great history in the mobile phone market, every man and his dog had a Nokia in the 90s and early 00s but they didn't move with the times and were crushed in the mobile world by other manufacturers, currently Apple, Samsung and HTC.

Now I'm not saying videogames or PD are even remotely the same as mobile phone manufacturing but it's just an example that having a great past/history means squat if you can't move forward with the market.

Seriously, the amount of duplicates in GT5 is outrageous. I really hope in GT6 the completely get rid of them with the exception of the JGTC versions of course and maybe 1 or two tuner versions. I'm also hoping that they banish the Standard vs. Premium difference which is what I'm assuming they'll do in GT6 but you never know with PD. I'm estimating around 500-650 premiums for GT6.

Also a very random example but look at a company like Nokia. They had a great history in the mobile phone market, every man and his dog had a Nokia in the 90s and early 00s but they didn't move with the times and were crushed in the mobile world by other manufacturers, currently Apple, Samsung and HTC.

Now I'm not saying videogames or PD are even remotely the same as mobile phone manufacturing but it's just an example that having a great past/history means squat if you can't move forward with the market.

Yep, a good example where the game moved on and they weren't able to respond in time. *hides Nokia phone from view*
There are ofcourse market sectors where history is important, like the car industry for example but even they know that's not enough if their current line up is crap.
But even if, say, a current Mercedes or Ferrari isn't any good, it'll probably still sell plenty based on past perceptions of those brands (or in a lot of cases where it partly defines their resale value) which I think can't be said of videogames whereby consumers (including new generations) simply look at what it offers contentwise, not whether it was the biggest thing in 1997.

Some how I knew this would turn into another bash gt5 and pd cant get anything right thread :ill:.
Even if all 600 cars are premium,no " dupes" 1 skyline or what ever people will complain theres not enough "types". Its a lose-lose situation for PD.Luckily they are Japanese and they have better ways of dealing with stress because if it was me I wouldve just said eat crap then proceeded to retire.

You really think other developers will take them seriously if for two consecutive games the majority of their assets in a PS3 game are PS2 assets re-used?
Most developer dont care about quality they care about sales.With that said PD are like gods to most developers.

Last edited:
Some how I knew this would turn into another bash gt5 and pd cant get anything right thread :ill:.
Even if all 600 cars are premium,no " dupes" 1 skyline or what ever people will complain theres not enough "types". Its a lose-lose situation for PD.Luckily they are Japanese and they have better ways of dealing with stress because if it was me I wouldve just said eat crap then proceeded to retire.

There will always be some people unhappy car x is missing. That's impossible to avoid for any car game. They can limit those complaints considerably though by doing what people have said in this thread.

Most developer dont care about quality they care about sales.With that said PD are like gods to most developers.

They are? Got anything to back that statement up?

There will always be some people unhappy car x is missing. That's impossible to avoid for any car game. They can limit those complaints considerably though by doing what people have said in this thread.
How ? By taking out "unnecessary" cars then scroll down a few comments then add the "unnecessary" cars back then go to next page and delete all but one skyline then go to the next page then add all the skylines,take 800 "crappy" cars out scroll down then add the same 800 "great" cars? ..... :grumpy:

They are? Got anything to back that statement up?

Got anything to back up that they wont respect them ?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Gam...ficial&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np\
That kinda shows how most developers and Publishers only care about money. coughcoughcoughCAPCOMcoughcough.
Sales and money first quality second. Sad but true

I hope PD see sense and just give us a sensible selection of each model in GT6.
Slightly different variations don't add a significant amount of 3d modeling time especially when it's measured in "several months" (if you believe that figure --- I don't).

Who really bashed GT5 or even said PD can't do anything right in here? Certainly it wasn't me (I still hugely enjoy playing GT5), that doesn't mean I applaud everything they do (or call them Gods).
And what's the method used by the Japanese which makes them deal better (different okay but better?) with stress? Don't tell me it's karaoke (nevermind, it'll further sidetrack this thread).

But I'll agree most threads seem prone to sidetrack from the original topic, but then again most discussions tend to do that at some point.
Mea culpa (partly) then, again 450-500 Premium cars I'd see as a reasonable amount given the number of Premium cars we currently got.

Even if all 600 cars are premium,no " dupes" 1 skyline or what ever people will complain theres not enough "types". Its a lose-lose situation for PD.

I'm not sure how taking one car, multiplying it by three and changing the name constitutes "variety;" nor do I see how it is a lose-lose when a lot of those cars PD "added" to pad the game aren't even accurate.

And considering PD are still doing it with the Premium models even after Kaz said they learned their lesson, I'm not sure what there is to look forward too over that issue anyway.

Got anything to back up that they wont respect them ?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Gam...ficial&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np\
That kinda shows how most developers and Publishers only care about money. coughcoughcoughCAPCOMcoughcough.
Sales and money first quality second. Sad but true

How about those DLC Paint Chips?

I'm not sure how taking one car, multiplying it by three and changing the name constitutes "variety;" nor do I see how it is a lose-lose when a lot of those cars PD "added" to pad the game aren't even accurate.
IDK I was just making a point.That people will never be satisfied with this game.
How about those DLC Paint Chips?
Exactly.Thats why most devs would look at them like they are genius lol.

Who really bashed GT5 or even said PD can't do anything right in here? Certainly it wasn't me (I still hugely enjoy playing GT5), that doesn't mean I applaud everything they do (or call them Gods).
And what's the method used by the Japanese which makes them deal better (different okay but better?) with stress? Don't tell me it's karaoke (nevermind, it'll further sidetrack this thread).
veyron page 1
500-600 Premiums with more variety. (less Nissans) The current 200 Premium 800 Standard-thing is just ridiculous. It's obvious that they only put 1,000 cars in the game because it was easy and it's a marketing tool.
Bashing starts at approx. Page 4. You can see it started to turn from " more this less that " to "PD are lazy and PD will be the laughing stock of the entire gaming industry"
Then you and Simon where about to start something irrelevant to the topic lol.
And I didnt call them GODS.They havent added stuff I wanted since gt2 so they are far from perfect in my view.But I can however put myself in their shoes.
But I'll agree most threads seem prone to sidetrack from the original topic, but then again most discussions tend to do that at some point.
Mea culpa (partly) then, again 450-500 Premium cars I'd see as a reasonable amount given the number of Premium cars we currently got.

Im happy I got it off that track though lol.Atleast I hope ..

Whatever the number it will be too many to really give them all a decent run out.

I'd like variety - It is good to have K Cars and stupid bad handling Muscle cars. I am sure that some of these obscure cars test the water for future games.

The Nascars will be meat and tatters for the North American market but will be pretty cold fish for other places.

I think the 90's era is where Kazunori and his cohorts passion lay... I miss a few odd 90's cars, but it does seem odd to get a Ben and Jerrys Skyline show.

The Original GT only had less than 200 cars... amazing.

I wonder how the Japanese market vies the range of cars... do they dislike so many home grown cars.. or would they prefer more world cars?

^ The gentleman above asked a good question, there. Are there any (English-speaking) Japanese, or at least Asian players here? How do you lot feel about the abundance of 1990s Japanese cars?

I expect GT6 to have 400-500 PREMIUM cars with no standards at all. Hopefully they will make the car selection diverse, with each manufacturer having at least 10 cars each.

veyron page 1
I wasn't bashing them at all, how is saying that they probably put 80 Skylines in the game to reach 1,000 as a marketing tool "bashing" them? Having that many duplicates is ridiculous, and they obviously haven't learned from their previous mistakes with the Premiums. (Swifts) That's not saying that they suck as developers and will never get themselves out of the hole that they've dug, which would count as bashing.

SimonK

Nokia still sell more phones than anyone else in the world just not in the US/Europe.

500 - 600 cars with more upto date models would fine, having a defined DLC release plan wouldn't hurt either.

I wasn't bashing them at all, how is saying that they probably put 80 Skylines in the game to reach 1,000 as a marketing tool "bashing" them? Having that many duplicates is ridiculous, and they obviously haven't learned from their previous mistakes with the Premiums. (Swifts) That's not saying that they suck as developers and will never get themselves out of the hole that they've dug, which would count as bashing.

Well 1. I think theres 60 skylines okay lol
2.There are more obvious reasons for PD adding "dupes" than a marketing strategy.
Saying adding cars that matters to alot of people are just "obvious marketing strategy" came off as bashing to me :/.If it wasnt meant to be bashing then my bad.

As people mentioned, variety is the key. I hope they'll add some fictional stuff like a Vintage F1, an 80's F1, a premium Formula GT, a Formula 3, a V8 Supercar and much more RM conversions for the GT3 / GT1 modles.

As people mentioned, variety is the key. I hope they'll add some fictional stuff like a Vintage F1, an 80's F1, a premium Formula GT, a Formula 3, a V8 Supercar and much more RM conversions for the GT3 / GT1 modles.

completely agree

i would really like to see some more "historical" race cars, spread throughout a huge period of time and racing classes
some early f1s and lamans for example

it would also be nicer to see (if its possible) some more "specialized" car companies, such as koenigsegg, the HHT Plethore (canadian super car), and gumpert

No matter how many cars GT6 has, two minutes after release there will be a thread about all the missing cars.

I hope it comes with just a few cars..10. And all the others are DLC.

My response to this is blunt, and may be considered as trolling, but I can assure it is not intended as so.

It should have enough, not to many, not to few.

Take out 90% of the Miata/GT-R/RX-7/NSX/350Z/Silvia/Impreza/Civic/S2000/etc. variants. I'd be satisfied with two or three different versions of each car but not twenty. I'm not a big fan of Kei cars so I wouldn't care much if those were taken out as well. Old concept cars probably won't be getting a premium update too. All that together should knock off about 300 to 400 cars. Upgrade the rest of the standards to premiums, keep the old premiums, add another hundred or so cars and that should round us up to about 600. I would definitely be satisfied with that. If PD wants the game to come out faster, knock off 100 more standards and we can see a nice even 500.

500 premium cars seems perfectly reasonable. If it's under, I would not be surprised. If it's 500+, I would be pleasantly shocked.

How ? By taking out "unnecessary" cars then scroll down a few comments then add the "unnecessary" cars back then go to next page and delete all but one skyline then go to the next page then add all the skylines,take 800 "crappy" cars out scroll down then add the same 800 "great" cars? ..... :grumpy:

Well nice to see you're sticking to your cause or this might have been a nice free of argument thread. However, obviously people are attacking your dogma by even hinting at the notion the GT series needs more variety in it's modern stage. What are unnecessary to you? You are one in a very limited number of people that actually stick with PD on the multiple of same cars.

Kaz himself said he doesn't want multiples of the japanese cars anymore in the GT series games. It is surprising that you're not on Kaz with this one. I don't see how people enjoy several skylines of the same gen and drivetrain. It's like getting eggs for breakfast all the time and shuffling through scrambled, sunny side up, plain omlet and so on...at the end of the day it's still eggs your eating. Same goes for the Skyline and other multiple japanese cars.

I'm hoping for at least 100 new premiums if it's coming by 2013. As for standards, why not? Cause they look bad? If I can have the chance to DRIVE more cars, and standard is an option due to time restritions, I"ll take it. One of the few example is the new Jaguar car that you can win from the Top Gear challenge or the Bugatti Veyron. Even though I don't use it much, I'd rather have it, than not have it just because it isn't premium.

..but seriously, they're not that horrible to look at. Don't like it? Don't drive it.

iamjajo
No matter how many cars GT6 has, two minutes after release there will be a thread about all the missing cars.

I hope it comes with just a few cars..10. And all the others are DLC.

Only if its 100 for $1, otherwise thatd be insane

Back