How much slower are you from the top dogs?

• Thread starter AlexDB9
  • 228 comments
I lose 0.3 seconds on average in each corner. It's very easy to calculate my theoretical optimal laptime from this. On most tracks it's usually between 2-3 seconds. On longer tracks, you multiply by the number of corners accordingly. Sarthe I lose about 4 seconds and Nurb 24 I lose about 13 seconds. I never drove to a time, but this gap has held true for all cars/tracks combinations so far. In Daily A races with slow cars and short tracks sometimes if I push more I can get it slightly lower, but as someone has said who knows how fast the top aliens are pushing on the leaderboard. I think it works out to be the same in race situation though. Even aliens won't do their perfect laptime every lap in the race, and slipstreaming also gets you a few tenths easy depending on the track.

That's the best training my man ;). Only when you truly push yourself, you begin to expand your capability!

Thanks for the encouragement mate 👍 Unfortunately I have been pushing at GT for 20 years now and know I'm not gonna be top 10 material in among the elites of today (maybe on day one for 20 mins or so :lol:) I had my time way back in the earlier renditions of this awesome franchise.
Nowadays I'm happy to make top slot on my friends list on occasion... I just enjoy racing to pass spare time now and it's cheaper than gambling and keeps me out of trouble with the wife
angel.gif

I only ever had one first place on the EU seasonal at the end of the event and that was over 2 years ago... and being the old fart I am and kudosprimes lack of info? I don't have a clue what combo or car I got the win at?? :lol:

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/rankings.php?sec=daily&eid=2226

Why doesnt everyone share their Kudos profile or PSN username??

That's my page above for a starter :cheers:

A good group of people on GTP would consider me fast but I like to think I am "above average". I'm typically 1-1.5 seconds off the pace of the top 10 guys on any given week. I also make a lot of mistakes.
That’s exactly where I am. Used to be 2-2.5 seconds off the top guys despite playing sims for many years. Improved my pace by 1 second or so over the last 12 months. But no way I can get any closer to the top guys.

No problem here having my PSN name visible. My game stats is a different story though as they're part of my privacy that I don't want to share publicly. Simple as that. In return, I'd never ever look up another person's stats without their permission - it's disgusting and an absolute no go to me.

:) ... Well, what do you expect from a 58 y old German dinosaur ?

Last edited:
In the daily races I can usually get within 2 seconds of the top 10 if I like the track and have time around work/shared TV to do more than just jump into some races, otherwise I’m about 3-5 seconds off :( FIA is a real mix up, I’m punching above my weight due to the F1500 on Brands a month or so back, so have been finding myself in the back 5 a lot.

I impressed myself last night in the manufacturer’s cup though, managed to be only 1.7 off pole and got 13th on grid which is a miracle for me on Le Mans!

Depends on car and track. In the Gr.3 cars I'm usually 2 - 3 secs off slower tracks. Yesterday in the FIA Manufacturers Cup I was off by 4 seconds in the qualifying and practise, but about 3 seconds off during the race.

However, with the Racing Kart I'm usually in the top 10 times, I remember one Sport mode race with the shifter at Brands Hatch, where I've gotten up to the Top 5 overall.

My current fledgling sport mode career: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=9015446

...and my last account, when I first got my wheel: https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=9015446

I'd never ever look up another person's stats without their permission - it's disgusting and an absolute no go to me.

I must be disgusting then.:lol:

Checking people's publicly available stats usually paints a pretty good picture of how they race. No interest in the values, only the possible peaks and troughs.

I’m usually in the 101.5% to 103% range, depending on the track/car combination.

I’d say my strongest track is Le Mans, and my strongest classes are the Gr. 3 and Gr. 1. You can imagine my frustration when I found out that I couldn’t participate in yesterday’s FIA races due to a personal scheduling conflict.

Top racecars (classic F1 and LMP1) = outside of the 107%, sometimes at around 110%
Normal racecars (GT500, GT3 and GT4) = barely inside the 107%
Roadlegal cars = as close as 103%, specially on the slower ones

I blame not using a steering wheel and the fact that I'm a motorbike guy (I understand not having grip).

Daily leaderboards are funny thing and not really representative of pace. Everyone has an unlimited number of restarts and attempts, for that reason DR is much better representation of pace, I much prefer the FIA event of having a qually session before the race and would prefer for at least one daily to offer this.

1D7664EE-2899-4AA7-9190-6AF93FDDB2CD.png

Daily leaderboards are funny thing and not really representative of pace. Everyone has an unlimited number of restarts and attempts, for that reason DR is much better representation of pace, I much prefer the FIA event of having a qually session before the race and would prefer for at least one daily to offer this.

View attachment 829058

Yup. Very much like i said earlier, the top ten daily is a rather poor metric and shouldn't be overemphasized.

What would be the advantage of publicly sharing. ID? These are my stats complete with embarrassing sr dips when I lost my temper and took out some players who deserved it big time...

View attachment 828981

It just seems it would give a better idea of someones pace and an easier way to describe your pace rather than trying to put it in percentage or terms of time. I can look up anyone's stats that I race with. From that I can usually gain a better idea if they hit me on purpose because they are just dirty or if it was truly accidental. Anyone that wants to look up my stats feel free, they are nothing to brag about and I certainly wont be impressing anyone with them. Qualifying times relative to the leaderboards are really dependent on how much time that one is willing to invest, if I put in a lot of effort I can usually crack the top 100 but that also means 25-50 laps per day on the same combo maybe only finding 1/10th per day.

Last edited:
It just seems it would give a better idea of someones pace and an easier way to describe your pace rather than trying to put it in percentage or terms of time. I can look up anyone's stats that I race with. From that I can usually gain a better idea if they hit me on purpose because they are just dirty or if it was truly accidental. Anyone that wants to look up my stats feel free, they are nothing to brag about and I certainly wont be impressing anyone with them. Qualifying times relative to the leaderboards are really dependent on how much time that one is willing to invest, if I put in a lot of effort I can usually crack the top 100 but that also means 25-50 laps per day on the same combo maybe only finding 1/10th per day.

Well for me because of my sometime frank tone here I prefer not to post it out online. It seems people get passionate about games, or more so than me at times comments are taken personally.
To describe me, I don’t know all the tracks yet, I’m horrible at learning them-takes me so much longer than everyone I know. I CAN hit decent times, but I am not very fast really, my only strength is AFTER I finally start to learn a track I can be consistent on it.
I like having fast guys on the friends list to compare times, but it requires more time for me to hit those than most I am sure.
My 14 in region was crazy working on that. I’ll never put that time in again.
The only reason I work hard to stay the rank I am is I would rather be midpack with better players than racing against people who run too loose for my tastes.
I really enjoy driving race stuff both irl and in game. I play this game for the love of it. I’ll never be anything special, but at the same time I won’t suffer trolls online if you know what I mean.
I do my best to race fair at all times, and often I am getting screwed over in sport mode, but I enjoy the challenge.
That’s me, don’t know what else to say?

Last edited:
In the daily events I'm usually between 1% and 3% depending on how much time I put in. Usually only put some time in on mondays and Tuesdays and settle for that so.

Best category seems to be group 2 and I'm much better in race cars than road cars although I dont really put the time in on those cars so my times aren't really representative.

I lose around 75% of the time under braking I reckon and most of the rest getting on the throttle, in terms of lines, apex speeds and gear selection I'm pretty good.

Interlagos this week in group 3, hard tyres will be an interesting yardstick as I think I'm a better player than when that combo came up last plus I was relatively new gt sport player at that point so I think I should be around half a second quicker.

Anyway psn is wombleleader, 54k DR. Proudest stat....100% finishing record in sport mode lol

Edit......just noticed interlagos is next week!!

Back