how to claim your cars? GT Academy

• Thread starter sull
  • 351 comments
Well, maybe if we had a livery editor we'd not be so stammered for the new stickas.

JvM
By photoshopping the stickers in them. :D

1k60h.gif

JvM
By photoshopping the stickers in them. :D

But then I'd have to take a photo of a normal Leaf first, and not the awesome GT Academy version.

Awesome_Leaf.jpg

Seems legit?

Last edited:
I just don't see what the big deal is about getting the cars

Because literally EVERYONE in the Marketplace needs to have EVERY colour of EVERY car, with 0/0/0.

Remember when everybody figured out a year ago when you could do backup saves, AND still trade whatever car you wanted? Tons of threads full of people offering Certain colours of X2010 for other colors. The 370Z-GTA/GTR-GTA market has died down quite a bit. But PD apparently wants to appease all of those people first.

So they can have cars. In the game. Which never get driven. Or even sat in. In a game.

They want pixels, which have pixels that say "This set of pixels has never been put next to the other set of pixels."

/rant

Edit: Oh gosh. Maybe they'll release a special paint to go with them? Then we could use those as like... a currency! Even if the colour looks like garbage on cars...

Last edited:
Lol I want these cars so much I actually dreamed about them, and you could get a non-prototype x2011 with them :crazy:

I think the good thing about these cars is that you can show them off online, for example round 8 could be near impossible to get gold on, and you could show off the prize car online, and say "oh I'm so amazing." I think that there will only be 4 cars- the Leaf, Silvia, 370z and GT-R, and they will do rounds 1-4 with them and the other 4 rounds will be time trials with the same cars.

Remember when everybody figured out a year ago when you could do backup saves, AND still trade whatever car you wanted? Tons of threads full of people offering Certain colours of X2010 for other colors. The 370Z-GTA/GTR-GTA market has died down quite a bit. But PD apparently wants to appease all of those people first.

Oh God I remember those days! Made GT5 a much better experience! I must've sent out at least 200 X2010s!! At one point I had 3 different accounts with Carbon/White/Yellow/Red Bull livery/Blue X2010s!!!

Jav
Oh God I remember those days! Made GT5 a much better experience! I must've sent out at least 200 X2010s!! At one point I had 3 different accounts with Carbon/White/Yellow/Red Bull livery/Blue X2010s!!!

I had X2010s offered to me (or X1s as they were named back then) but decided I'd earn them on my own.

Now own loads of X2010s and X2011s. Only took me a year and a half... :P

so we're gonna have to wait and see what happens with the awarded vehicles? That sucks! I kind of like the feel of the Silvia. Pretty solid feel to it,decent power,etc. Maybe with some upgrades it will be even better. Can't wait to unlock them all!

so we're gonna have to wait and see what happens with the awarded vehicles? That sucks! I kind of like the feel of the Silvia. Pretty solid feel to it,decent power,etc. Maybe with some upgrades it will be even better. Can't wait to unlock them all!

Dude, the exact same car is already in GT5, just without the stickers.

I was just wondering this, but I dont think anyone will be able to give me a true or false answer yet untill we know how to claim the prize cars.

The normal Nissan Leaf is a DLC car correct? If I havn't purchased the DLC will I be able to get the GT Academy Nissan Leaf once we can claim the prize cars?

Maccer_42
I was just wondering this, but I dont think anyone will be able to give me a true or false answer yet untill we know how to claim the prize cars.

The normal Nissan Leaf is a DLC car correct? If I havn't purchased the DLC will I be able to get the GT Academy Nissan Leaf once we can claim the prize cars?

That's interesting. đź’ˇ

That is a pretty good question if it is the same as dlc then alot of people who didnt buy the dlc pack will receive a free leaf when everyone else paid for it in dlc.

I would think it would be like now. Go to the Nissan dealership and look at the Leaf it's there but it tells you you have to buy the DLC before you can buy a second one. That being said it'll be in an update (GT Academy) cars so I believe you should be able to have them.

Well lets look at this. So far excluding Route X all DLC course's, if you have purchased it or not was available during the seasonal events. You already have the DLC, it is just not unlocked. You will get all the cars even if you don't have it purchased. So your are technically getting a pay for only DLC car for FREE. Theres your answer.

The Academy Leaf is 2012. The DLC Leaf is 2011. So if you win the academy one then you won't have the DLC Leaf from 2011 but a brand new 2012 version. It's a little confusing to say the least but I guess you will still have to buy the DLC to play with the "normal" 2011 Leaf and be free to play with the Academy Leaf that you win.

My question is I wonder what this special race gear is going to be? A special set from GT Academy and will those that get gold get the car plus the race gear? :crazy:

dixonbaps
The Academy Leaf is 2012. The DLC Leaf is 2011. So if you win the academy one then you won't have the DLC Leaf from 2011 but a brand new 2012 version. It's a little confusing to say the least but I guess you will still have to buy the DLC to play with the "normal" 2011 Leaf and be free to play with the Academy Leaf that you win.

So your turning over a new leaf?

Back