how to claim your cars? GT Academy

• Thread starter sull
  • 351 comments
So guys ..
What are your Predictions for Round 5 and Round 6 cars ?
High chance of the R34 making its appearance on R5.
And definitely the R35 on R8.

tawfiq
So guys ..
What are your Predictions for Round 5 and Round 6 cars ?
High chance of the R34 making its appearance on R5.
And definitely the R35 on R8.

There aren't any "predictions".
Round 5: R34
Round 6: R35
Round 6+7: tuned 370z & R35

There aren't any "predictions".
Round 5: R34
Round 6: R35
Round 6+7: tuned 370z & R35

That's what people said for the R34 last time :ouch: But it wasn't in R3 or R4.
But yea, I guess now people can confirm.
So nothing special. :indiff:

Prizes will be distributed one week after all "GT Academy 2012" events have concluded (on or after July 4, 2012). To add these items to your collection, all you need to do is start up your Gran Turismo 5.
If you do not currently own Gran Turismo 5, they will automatically be added to your account if you decide to purchase the game at a later date. Even if you do not currently own Gran Turismo 5, your account will be given access to these items, and they will automatically be added if you decide to purchase the game at a later date.

Will we all get blue colours academy cars as our prizes?
As there have been yellow, red and white cars in the challenges will they give these out?
Apologies if this has already been asked.

Regards

Obviously they're all blue. I wish they were all Jet Black. Sadly i don't have enough Jet Blacks since I deleted all 3053 pain chips.:(

What if...

The final car in rd 8 turn's out to be

THIS
n24_2012_031.jpg

Wouldnt that be somthing.
And i know people been wanting a longer event in the last round.

Last edited:
Nope allready got it.
1050g0050.jpg

Two slow weeks till you can drive it...
Ah i see and that looks like Motei in the background.

and thats the one in GT5 now which was the 2011 car the one i pictured was this years and is a dark blue to name one diffrence

Why are people still speculating about the cars? We already know round 8 is a tuned GTR '12, unless they buck the trend and use two different cars per round, which is highly unlikely.

SimonK
Why are people still speculating about the cars? We already know round 8 is a tuned GTR '12, unless they buck the trend and use two different cars per round, which is highly unlikely.

Well then id be curious to see how highly that tuned black edition will go in terms of power and weight in gt5, or if its just a light ammount of parts like stage 1 engine, low rpm turbo ect. That we can replace later and get the same black edition hp of 954.

Yep Hopefully the New GT-R stats will fit it between.
1068g0000.jpg

and

1080g0008.jpg

But being an Academy version, it hope fully will have the added features of having the engine and chassis rebuild only costing Cr500 like the last Academy car...

1048g1206.jpg

I've seen what cars we are using for rounds 7 & 8, but will there be any prize cars for those rounds? I'm guessing no, but have to ask as I haven't seen any answers for this.

I've seen what cars we are using for rounds 7 & 8, but will there be any prize cars for those rounds? I'm guessing no, but have to ask as I haven't seen any answers for this.

Why would you guess no?
There is currently no reason to think that we wouldn't get the cars used in round 7 & 8.

These are "tuned" cars, right? Maybe I'm missing something, but why would we get the same cars again except with bolt on parts that we can get from GT Auto? I must be a pessimist, lol.

These are "tuned" cars, right? Maybe I'm missing something, but why would we get the same cars again except with bolt on parts that we can get from GT Auto? I must be a pessimist, lol.

Because PD. They're giving us identical cars with stickers on in the first place. At least a pre-tuned version would be different, even if it could be replicated by us.

Oh... I'm thrilled! I love Nissans, we've just never gotten a "tuned car" before, so it sounded odd. That's why I wasn't expecting anything. Should make for some great GT3 class spot races. Thanks for hearing me out gents.

How come people still don't know what they are getting when they gold all events? :confused: We know that all rounds that we get all 5 golds in, we would get the respective car that was used for that round. We have already dissected what every car for every round is. Why is is there still confusion on this????? :confused:

we've just never gotten a "tuned car" before

We have had a tuned GT academy car before. It's the Nissan 370 Tuned by GT. Idk the original colour it came in or how you got it. I've got 2. A blue one and a yellow one thanks to a friend. It is repaintable. so maybe the new ones will be to. It has a spoiler on the back and the GT Academy stickers on the doors and bonnet. I think you'll be able to add parts/tune all the new 2012 Academy cars. But we'll probably get them stock. The 370Z tuned by GT does have slightly more power. But parts can be bought for it also.

Trial%2520Mountain%2520Circuit_9.jpg

Trial%2520Mountain%2520Circuit_10.jpg

Last edited:
"In GT Academy 2012, you can also receive prizes that you can use within Gran Turismo 5, if you achieve a certain level of performance.
If you achieve a gold trophy in all 5 events within a round, you will receive the GT Academy-spec Nissan that was used in the trials in each of the rounds. You have a chance to acquire the following cars in the 4 rounds currently open, and there are more cars to add to your collection in round 5 and onwards.

Round 1: Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy) '11
Round 2: Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (GT Academy) '02
Round 3: Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II (GT Academy) '94
Round 4: Nissan 370Z (GT Academy) '08

In addition, those that clear all 8 events with bronze or better results will receive an official GT Academy 2012 racing gear set that your Gran Turismo 5 avatar can wear. Realised in black with the GT Academy logo, this is another cool racing suit to add to your collection.

The prizes will be distributed one week after all GT Academy 2012 events have ended, on or after July 4th. To add the items to your game, all you need to do is to start your copy of Gran Turismo 5.
Even if you do not currently own Gran Turismo 5, your account will be given access to these items, and they will automatically be added if you decide to purchase the game at a later date. If you haven't tried GT Academy 2012 yet, why not start your free download from the PlayStation®Store and invite your PlayStation®3 friends?"

Bom15
We have had a tuned GT academy car before. It's the Nissan 370 Tuned by GT. Idk the original colour it came in or how you got it. I've got 2. A blue one and a yellow one thanks to a friend. It is repaintable. so maybe the new ones will be to. It has a spoiler on the back and the GT Academy stickers on the doors and bonnet. I think you'll be able to add parts/tune all the new 2012 Academy cars. But we'll probably get them stock. The 370Z tuned by GT does have slightly more power. But parts can be bought for it also.

I think you misunderstood me... I was saying they never gave us one "pre-tuned" in the past. I just found it odd and surprising no one else found it odd. I have all the old GTA cars, some tuned, but I tuned them. Again, I'm thoroughly excited. Sorry to cause an uproar everybody, lol.

I hope the cars we get are brand new, not the ones I have already been driving in academy. Mine would be all dented up and mileage out from all the re-tries. I've been working them things like a rented mule. Beating them like a red headed step child.

Back