How to get the M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic (if you have not installed post-1.05 Hotfixes)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 170 comments
Just for arguments same and for clarification purposes, is it still possible to get the FBM M4 with a data delete or not? All recent posts aren't clear for to me.

Depends if they changed the 1.05 update server side .. only way to be certain is try it bro but back up your game save to usb just in case.

Just for arguments same and for clarification purposes, is it still possible to get the FBM M4 with a data delete or not? All recent posts aren't clear for to me.

Yesterday I deleted all game files and update to 1.05 and the game did not start.

The only way to do it (I think, haven't tried) is to delete the data and re install until 1.05, then start a new game and get it there. I don't think there is a way to get it on your main account anymore.

+1

I've just tested it, update to 1.05 and start new game, you can get it.
GT6 cant send car as gift between PSN accounts, so there is no way to get it in your GT6 v1.14 save now.

+1

I've just tested it, update to 1.05 and start new game, you can get it.
GT6 cant send car as gift between PSN accounts, so there is no way to get it in your GT6 v1.14 save now.

Thanks mate i have two already but thanks for confirming you can still receive the car if you jump through a few hoops. had a convo last night about them actually

So it took me all day but I now have five of the frozen black metallic M4... Looks like I've gotta start from scratch... Oh well at least I know what cars I like now, so I don't have to waste credits buying the ones I only used once or twice.

The thought of restarting used to be too much for me. Now I've got three profiles going and I'm always restarting one of them as the updates roll out just to see what it's like starting over. It's a lot easier to earn fast credits than it used to be. The game is so much more than its release day version. Two major items left and you can stick a fork in GT6. Looking forward to fireing up that last profile I've only used to stay current with VGT's.

Does anyone know how to downgrade the latest version of GT6 to an older one? I really want this car, but can't be sent, and if you can downgrade the current version, then I'm screwed.

Does anyone know how to downgrade the latest version of GT6 to an older one? I really want this car, but can't be sent, and if you can downgrade the current version, then I'm screwed.
There is no downgrade method other than deleting your data file (install) and start doing the updates from 1.01 and on. Not worth it in my opinion.

There is no downgrade method other than deleting your data file (install) and start doing the updates from 1.01 and on. Not worth it in my opinion.
And even then you would need to start a completely new save file, as it keeps track of what update you are on and wont let you load it on an older one.

Nice tutorial.

So, after I install the update 1.01, then I have to cancel the update 1.05 installing, right?
And another thing: When I have finish installing the update 1.16 and when I load the game on update 1.16, then the M4 Coupe Frozen that I purchased in update 1.05 will still be on the garage, right?

I have doubts about these parts...

Nice tutorial.
Not if you didn't understand it - which you haven't.
So, after I install the update 1.01, then I have to cancel the update 1.05 installing, right?
Wrong.

You have to install all of the updates up to and including v1.05. Since the car is IN v1.05, you have to have v1.05 to get the car...

After v1.05 has downloaded and installed on the XMB, you cancel the update process, then head into GT6 to install v1.05 into the game. As the tutorial says, it's best to disconnect the console from the internet while v1.05 is installing (NOT downloading) in GT6 so that you don't accidentally apply any of the Hotfixes.

Then buy as many FBM M4s as you want and install the rest of the updates.
And another thing: When I have finish installing the update 1.16 and when I load the game on update 1.16, then the M4 Coupe Frozen that I purchased in update 1.05 will still be on the garage, right?

Doubt it all you like - I've got three of them.

Mine is still on the garage, so there's no worries about it.

You finally got a new PS3, right?

Quick question.i have one frozen black on my primary account.i tried to set up a fresh account that had no gt6 data to get the car and i had purposely disabled the internet connection to my ps3 but somehow im on rhe current 1.16 version.what am i missing

Quick question.i have one frozen black on my primary account.i tried to set up a fresh account that had no gt6 data to get the car and i had purposely disabled the internet connection to my ps3 but somehow im on rhe current 1.16 version.what am i missing
The data is already on your PS3 - it can be used by all accounts. You would have to delete the GAME data and start the downloads from scratch and stop AFTER 1.05. Disabling your interenet connection will just prevent accidentally going past 1.05 once you have it installed.

The game data isn't on the new username but still somehow im on the current 1.16 and not on anything lower when i start the new game from the very beginning

The game data isn't on the new username but still somehow im on the current 1.16 and not on anything lower when i start the new game from the very beginning
"Save Data" is your progress through the game. This is unique to each account on the console.

"Game Data" is the game installation file. This is shared across all accounts on the console.

If you want to get the Frozen Black car you must delete the Game Data to remove the install, then reinstall the game and then only update as far as 1.05. Your Save Data should work fine on 1.05, so you won't need to go to a new account to do this.

Back