How to launch properly

• Thread starter dillorama
  • 87 comments
Canada
Brampton
DILL-O-RAMA
I know this is a totally noob post, but idc.
Every time I follow a tune on here and do up a car, I launch it and the car burns out for the whole first gear or just for like 2 seconds giving me the worst launch and losing everytime.
- Don't just reply saying "Launch at this many RPM's" cause that makes no sense, whenever I try and launch at a certain rpm it just does the same thing and launches at full RPM.

PLEASE HELP THIS IS RUINING MY GAME EXPERIENCE.

Some cars have to be quick shifted from 1st to 2nd. Some from 2nd to 3rd, and some have to be a 2nd gear ride out.

Which cars are you trying to launch?

You just got to launch it at the right time at SSRX. Don't rev while the countdown. Just slam the gas right before go. But you need to time it just right. It's not going to just come to you. The more you try the better you get. Practice makes perfect.

...You are suppose to burn out. Unless it's AWD, then it should be set to either spin for a split second or hook right away. Everything else will burn out or bog, so a burn out is better.

...You are suppose to burn out. Unless it's AWD, then it should be set to either spin for a split second or hook right away. Everything else will burn out or bog, so a burn out is better.

Bogging is a bad thing.

I am talking about just online drag racing, the back wheels spinning is awful you lose every time, I just want to know how to launch properly, and whenever people say to launch at certain RPMs it means nothing cause it always goes full meter anyway.

Never rpm launch online .. Its points just hold down your gas :)

Most rwd cars need to be a 2nd to 3rd quick shift aka the enzo, act ect..

awd cars won't spin as much

Supra depends on your top speed, if youv got a low one say 159 you need to 2nd -3rd qs or id you have a high top end you need to ride out 2nd gear :)

All the advice everyone has given literally meant nothing and didn't work.
Regardless of anything the back wheels still burn out and give me a **** start and I lose every drag.

Only good drag tune car I have that ACTUALLY works, not just on paper, is my GTR.
Can someone with legitimately helpful advice please help.

Regardless of anything the back wheels still burn out and give me a **** start and I lose every drag.

Only good drag tune car I have that ACTUALLY works, not just on paper, is my GTR.

... Not after that coment
And just to let you know rwd and mr cars are meant to burn out as you say, maybe your tune just sucks ass. Youv just have 3-4 pros at this game try to give you advice and well your legitmately helpful coment just annoiyed me. So yeh piss off :D

You know RWD cars burn out right?.... Logically explains why GTR's has a better launch due to it being AWD..

And to the above comment. Don't diss Dream, he was giving you advice which was very helpful, at this point you should have went to the X track and tried high or top speed flips on your supra.

I'll give you a VERY helpful bit of advice;

Drag racing is all Trial and error...

Well I don't really care for your advice in particular since like usual it didn't work, so keep your big ego to yourself there boss.

O.G
You know RWD cars burn out right?.... Logically explains why GTR's has a better launch due to it being AWD..

And to the above comment. Don't diss Dream, he was giving you advice which was very helpful, at this point you should have went to the X track and tried high or top speed flips on your supra.

I'll give you a VERY helpful bit of advice;

Drag racing is all Trial and error...

I wasn't "dissing" anyone, I simply said all the advice I've received has only worked on paper and hasn't be helpful to me since it continues to get me nowhere.

Gee, sure is nice of you to whip out a smart@$$ response after people tried to help you. 👎:rolleyes:

I wasn't "dissing" anyone, I simply said all the advice I've received has only worked on paper and hasn't be helpful to me since it continues to get me nowhere.

How can you say this;

When Dream, who is one of the top tuners with record times on this site's leaderboard, gives you advice and you don't even stop to think and go and trial and error yourself rather carrying on this convo about how everyone's advice doesn't help you..

Just stop replying and do some tuning. Try different top speeds on your car that 'burns out' and adjust your suspension too.

All I wanted was launching advice that would stop my cars from getting awful starts, not the same old "launch at this rpm" advice. My game experience is being ruined because I spend good time tuning a car and then the squueling of the back wheels ruins it.

1. Hold RPM at maximum torque.
2. Slip the clutch and roll on the throttle, trying to let out the clutch as fast as possible, while keeping the same RPM with as much throttle as possible. (Not too much to spin the tires.)

So if max torque is at 8 grand, try and hold 8 grand all the way until the clutch is all the way out. But you have to try and let out the clutch as fast as possible, without letting the RPM's drop, or spinning the tires.

All I wanted was launching advice that would stop my cars from getting awful starts, not the same old "launch at this rpm" advice. My game experience is being ruined because I spend good time tuning a car and then the squueling of the back wheels ruins it.

No one told you to "launch at this RPM." Maybe your tunes are as horrible as your launch.

For a supra, you can 1-2 quick shift to eliminate some spin, or launch in 2nd and ride that out.

Don't even help this joker. We're giving all the help we could give you. So if you don't want the help, do it by yourself and you'll have more problems with your car.

dillorama

Here is some advice since nothing that these top guys are telling you is sinking in. Quit gt5 and go play another game idk lets say.... need for speed or midnight club lol. Btw happy fourth!!

There is a torque peak and hp peak look at the graph. If the torque peak is low then adjust your tranny so when you launch it launches at the toque rpm, this will probably include quick shifting.

poor oh noobarama, all cars burn except awd, your not gonna get away from sticking the tires in a rwd car your going to bog and have an even worse launch... you need to learn to tune properly so that when you do launch and quick shift like everyone has told you over and over your still going to get tire spin even then, we all burn tires and have some of the fastest rides out there... im done and we should all be done with this noober disrepecting people that are trying to help him.. its like beating a dead horse or talking to a wall.

Are your revs bouncing off the limiter ? If not and you are using racing softs then your going to be spinning pretty much the same as everyone else. Supras spin bigtime leaving long black marks....its normal. You may just be getting outlaunched by people with better controller setups, reaction times and better internet.

Here is some advice since nothing that these top guys are telling you is sinking in. Quit gt5 and go play another game idk lets say.... need for speed or midnight club lol. Btw happy fourth!!

I recommend "Lunar Lander" the original from 1979 :)

Just extend your top speed till you notice you have less wheel spin. But depending on the car you might loose top end. Clearly your only after the launch so try that and see if it tickled your pickle the way you wanted it too.

Back