Hybrid S13 (2JZ) 780HP

• Thread starter MadFlavour
  • 64 comments
Sorry for DP can't edit properly on phone
IMG_20140911_205539.jpg
IMG_20140911_205453.jpg

I have a hybrid idea.

Get a Honda CR-Z and put the engine from a Honda Type R in it.

222hp in a CR-Z

Shame you cant rename it the KR-Z

When you say well done, it's not like he went oit and spent 20k dollars and put 3 weeks working int fabbing an engine swap. Probably took about 5 minutes and 6 clicks right?
I said well done because it's a tastefully modded car. Is there a reason you just went in depth as to why I said well done?

I have to say, one of the last things on my mind as I was attempting to pilot my 550bhp Silvia with max boost nitrous, as it flew around Suzuka in constant wheelspin, was "this needs more power". What inspired you to give it an extra 230bhp?

Its a shame really, GT could learn so much from NFS and forza

Yes, yes they could. I'm speaking in terms of livery editor and community features mostly. I didn't include NFS because I simply haven't played that game so I don't have an opinion or thoughts on that game one way or the other.

When you say well done, it's not like he went oit and spent 20k dollars and put 3 weeks working int fabbing an engine swap. Probably took about 5 minutes and 6 clicks right?
Not trying to answer for @MadFlavour, but just to chime in...

Not saying building a hybrid in GT6 is like doing a real life swap (:rolleyes:), but it's a little more than 6 clicks. Especially to do something like build an actual functional drift car.

The modding simply becomes like having addition tuning options...so while building and tuning the car, you are constantly making adjustments to the game file just as you would with any of the other available settings. Only different is, it takes several minutes to make one adjustment to the save file...it starts to add up after a while. Plus, there's a good chance you'll tune yourself into a "dead end", and need to start all over again.

It can take quite a bit of time to build a well tuned hybrid, especially if the builder is picky about the parameters they set for them self.

I have to say, one of the last things on my mind as I was attempting to pilot my 550bhp Silvia with max boost nitrous, as it flew around Suzuka in constant wheelspin, was "this needs more power". What inspired you to give it an extra 230bhp?

Going to go out on a limb here, but I'm guessing, "BECAUSE RACECAR!!" :lol:

Going back to GT5, there's always been a bias against high horsepower for drift cars.....but there's something really enjoyable about drifting a crazy beast, especially when you figure out how to put the power to the ground. It opens up a whole bunch of new possibilities :)

I'm sure @Isho can attest to that 👍

Videos like this make me want to go play my non-updated GT5 with 100 or so hybrids and the program to build more.

Reality hybrids have always been where it's at. Sure, the 30,000 HP X2010 and the 2000hp Civic was fun, for about 2 minutes. But the 787b powered RX7 was very much so drivable, as was the 600hp GSXR4, and of all the craziness a Ginetta that I put an X2010 powertrain but kept the stock wheelbase. I never used them online simply out of the honor system, and when they banned them, I simply didn't update anymore.

What the haters simply refuse to accept is that the game was not added to or taken away from, all that was done was simply unlocking what the game had in it to begin with. Can you imagine if the "secret menu" and the hybrid functions had been offered by PD as a DLC or as one of the freebies for pre-ordering? Demand would have been insane and Kaz would be able to build a real, running X2010.

Some men just want to see the world tyres burn.

Latest Posts

Back