I can't post in a specific thread?

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 9 comments
Finland
Intercourse, PA
Carbonox
OK, this is only a minor issue - given that the thread I'm talking about is the most infamous one of the Rumble Strip's first page at the moment (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/google-adsense-what-the.321989/#post-10354062) but nevertheless, I've attempted to post several times in this one, and the posts never go through. What happens is the normal loading screen goes up in the top right of the screen, and the "Post reply" button and the others next to it are grayed out...

...only for the loading to abruptly come to an end, and the buttons become available again. No post is added - I refreshed the page and found nothing. The weirdest part is that this is the only thread where I can't reply - the rest work normally. There's no error message or anything associated with this glitch. Just a brief "loading screen" that pretty much leads nowhere.

Last edited:
I had that same issue with the exact same thread. Switching browser (From Chrome to Safari) fixed that for me.

Odd, @Omnis also reported a similar problem in that thread. It appears to function normally for me and my testing accounts.

Could you all share your OS and browser information? If you've had the problem in Chrome, could you try posting in the thread in Incognito mode, so there's no potential for plugins to interfere?

Seems to let me post without issue in Incognito (Chrome, Mac OSX).

Interesting, that would point to a plugin issue. What plugins are you running?

You could enable/disable half of them, then try posting in the thread to see if you can identify the culprit through a process of elimination. I'm suspicious of those asterisks in the title, they may be breaking something in AdBlock or similar plugins.

AdBlock looks to be it (for me at least). Disabling it stops the issue and lets me post as usual. Weird that it'd be for that one specific thread.

Ah, there you go. It's probably because "adsense" is in the title and URL of the page, which triggers it.

It didn't work for me with Firefox on linux with adblock, neither voting in the poll nor posting but voting worked from my Android phone with Chrome and no add-ons.

Back