I have no sound after installing update 1.12

• Thread starter D1gitaL
  • 154 comments
I think that you've been fed some incorrect info. ;)

Unless the Gran Turismo website mentions anything regarding the sound issues (I haven't checked), there has been no official acknowledgment from PD of a sound issue.

I think that you've been fed some incorrect info. ;)

Unless the Gran Turismo website mentions anything regarding the sound issues (I haven't checked), there has been no official acknowledgment from PD of a sound issue.

Shock horror it's actually been acknowledged on the Facebook GT page. I need a sit down

https://www.facebook.com/GranTurismo?fref=ts (just search Gran Turismo on Facebook if the link doesn't work)

SOUND ISSUE

PD are aware of the issue, and believe it to be related to the introduction of additional gauges.
A fix is expected but in the mean time please disable your additional gauges.

This has to be one the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

I have *NO* additional gauges on any car so how does it affect my sound drop outs?. Also I consider adding gauges to be the #2 most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!

Nah, I think someone has been into the red cordial again ;-)

Like I said I put what I was told. If it doesn't work, I am sorry. I was only trying to help.

We know. Thank you in anyways my friend. We just want to keep it very clear for those who are reading the thread,that's why we are saying that it doen't work. Anyway,every help is very apreciated. 👍

You could try to take it easy,ok?

I have *NO* additional gauges on any car so how does it affect my sound drop outs?. Also I consider adding gauges to be the #2 most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!

Nah, I think someone has been into the red cordial again ;-)

I am not in the mood for this crap. I guess the fact I tried to help means you can insult my intelligence. I think I am done with this thread.

A truly insightful and helpful post. It's nice to know that there are people in the World, like you, that even though they have severe mental retardation issues they still try and contribute something useful, even though, it is well beyond their meagre capacity.

And what makes you think this was insightful and/or helpful? Drop the insults, if you can't respond to someone without them then don't respond at all.

I am not in the mood for this crap. I guess the fact I tried to help means you can insult my intelligence. I think I am done with this thread.

Fallen I am not, in any way, casting any criticism on you at all. I know you are only reporting what PD has said publically.

I am sorry, and do sincerely apologise, if you have taken my comments personally. In no way did I intend that.

Fallen I am not, in any way, casting any criticism on you at all. I know you are only reporting what PD has said publically.

I am sorry, and do sincerely apologise, if you have taken my comments personally. In no way did I intend that.

I accept your apology. I am sorry I burst out like that. I had a rough day in the SNAIL thread and was not really ready for anymore.

And what makes you think this was insightful and/or helpful? Drop the insults, if you can't respond to someone without them then don't respond at all.

I will take your recommendation on-board. Also please note my apology to Fallen for when he misconstrued my criticism of PD's comments.

Shock horror it's actually been acknowledged on the Facebook GT page. I need a sit down

https://www.facebook.com/GranTurismo?fref=ts (just search Gran Turismo on Facebook if the link doesn't work)
"Gran Turismo
Yesterday at 11:37 ·
Hi GT Fans! We want everyone to know we are aware that some players might be experiencing intermittent sound issues during online races, and are working quickly to resolve it."

Thanks Malcolm, well spotted. 👍

No hints from PD on what we can do to resolve the problem ourselves for a temp fix, so the issue must be deep in the coding of the game itself. At least we now know that PD are aware of this issue.

so, anyone know a bit more about the cause ?
tweak on the sound engine ?
additional gauges ?
i even heard about pad users being the cause ..

for me it's in the server code
because it's not only the affected player who don't hear his car
i watched some players yesterday and was not able to hear the sound of the one having that issue

i didn't found any work around but only being the host ..

i really don't get it ...
how comes that you're not able to hear your own car sound but you can hear other cars
your local game experience doesn't have to be affected by anything
if you don't hear other cars, well .. i can understand that because of resource problem
but your own car ? i don't .. something is totally odd at PoDi
too much Japanese mushrooms at breakfast ?

"how to kill you own game in a few steps"
© Polyphony Digital

I accept your apology. I am sorry I burst out like that. I had a rough day in the SNAIL thread and was not really ready for anymore.

It's OK, no problem ;-) I did actually think to myself at the time of writing I should have put some sort of comment on my post about that but thought, nah, this person will understand. Sorry, my bad.

I have been on Usenet for many, many years, and do realise that contrasting symbols on a page "DO NOT" convey the nuances of face to face contact and sometimes what is written can be taken out of context.

It is my fault for not fully explaining myself so as to eliminate any misconceptions.

Again, I am sorry for the affront and will try to be more careful.

Moral to the story is, do not write in anger and expect people to understand your view point. And yes, I am very angry at PD for this latest fiasco.

Yeah I'm angry with PD too. I'm in a racing series and we just can't race when there are issues like this. It isn't fair when a few drivers on the track can't hear their engine and/or tyre noise.

We postponed this weeks race because of the sound bug, in the hope that we'll have an update/hotfix really soon. My fear is that PD won't have the update ready for next week and then we'll have to decide whether to postpone yet again, or try to race with sounds problems for some drivers. It's a dilemma.

@Fallen_log - Apologies if I upset you at all too. I know that you were just passing on what could/should have been some good news for us all. I didn't mean to jump on you, but I could see that what you'd posted wasn't correct. Maybe next time you could say something like, 'A friend sent me this......'! Because it sounds as though you were just passing on the info and we were effectively shooting the messenger. :( Sorry.

I only trust what I read either on the PS3 or GT website and even then I've known PD to go back on their word.

PD can make an awesome game, the GT series of games have been really great but ever since online gaming became more popular and the introduction of DLC and downloadable update's, PD have lost their way and continue to make mistakes.

I've said this many times now....I hate the fact that a game can be released when it clearly isn't finished. The developers rely heavily on fixing bugs and adding the missing content via updates and that isn't fair. We'd be pretty annoyed if we bought a brand new car and it was missing an interior.

Had 3 1v1 races with @ThrasherDBS in his public room last night and experienced the sound loss issue in races 2 & 3, first time for me personally. Other racers in our weekly WRS races have been plagued by it since 1.12, I guess I've been lucky to not see it till now. Leaving and coming back a couple times didn't change a thing, neither did changing cars, although those workarounds have worked for my fellow racers. Any future races where it happens to me it'll be an immediate retire, it instantly becomes less fun than doing dishes. :irked:

I might get some friends together to hunt for a better workaround, maybe some of the lesser-used room options will make it less likely, like using Fixed-host instead of non-fixed (I'm aware of the downsides to that) or maybe the race quality setting ties in somehow. It definitely happens with the same frequency whether mics are disabled or are set to standard (only 2 settings we've tried for that so far).

I haven't found anything that makes a profound improvement yet. Just like you, I've tried mics on and off. Tried the race quality setting on high and very high, haven't tried anything lower than that though.

Might be a slight improvement if the host of the room isn't actually on the track at all. But it may have been a coincidence, we only had a chance to try this once.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be steering clear of online until this bug is squashed!

:grumpy:

I haven't found anything that makes a profound improvement yet. Just like you, I've tried mics on and off. Tried the race quality setting on high and very high, haven't tried anything lower than that though.

Might be a slight improvement if the host of the room isn't actually on the track at all. But it may have been a coincidence, we only had a chance to try this once.
Thanks for letting us know what you've tried so far. 👍 To add to the "not a viable workaround" list, we always run with Standard race quality, the thought being even though it can make those with slower internet a laggy hazard in the race, at least they will be prevented from DC'ing. That's the thought, anyway, no idea if that's how it works in practice.

Same problem for me, Tried a few quick matches, Its so hard to judge how to drive without a vacuum cleaner I mean engine note or even tyre squeal, Shame really since it could have been a cool feature if PD hadn't royally screwed up.

First of all... SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH!!!

I have same problem.
(I do not know if this is the solution) after enter in many lobbys, i open a lobby to test the sound and the sound return.

Again, I do not know if this is the solution.... but is a clue.

Sorry, again, for my english... just trying to help

:)

Have had all kinds if sound issues since 1.12.

I have done any actual testing, but from my experience, I have better luck maintaining sound (or at least, "half" the sound), in lobbies with fewer people. Anything over 8 people, and I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose sound, whereas with smaller rooms, it's more of a toss-up.

Back