I need a setup for Ferrari 458 Italia

• Thread starter xchristox
  • 158 comments
chimuel thanks so much for sharing ur tune with us. i do have one question: what do you mean by tcs only at the beginning? is it possible to turn it off later in the race? reason is i usu. want tcs off seeing as soft racing tires provides enough traction for me.

You can set up the menu chimuel is talking about with most wheel/controllers, just map keys to the 'RA' menu (something like that). I'm using a driving force pro and remapped my horn to bring the menu up, dpad for up and down x/square for -/+.

The reason for disabling tcs right after you start is to use it as launch control so you don't spin the tyres at the green light, using the menu lets you disable it after the race has started.

You can set up the menu chimuel is talking about with most wheel/controllers, just map keys to the 'RA' menu (something like that). I'm using a driving force pro and remapped my horn to bring the menu up, dpad for up and down x/square for -/+.

The reason for disabling tcs right after you start is to use it as launch control so you don't spin the tyres at the green light, using the menu lets you disable it after the race has started.

Forgive my ignorance but how do you remap the button commands with this "RA" Menu?

I haven't seen anything in GT5 for remapping buttons ..

Forgive my ignorance but how do you remap the button commands with this "RA" Menu?

I haven't seen anything in GT5 for remapping buttons ..

Options... in either GT Life menu or the Main menu where you choose GT Life, Arcade, Course Maker. Should be next to the icons for the Manual and Save.

chim, GREAT SETUP! just beat the ferrari and MR cups. quick question, the setup understeers just a LITTLE bit for my personal liking. What should i change in the setup to give it some more steering?

Quick tip, whenever you stat upgrading your car's power, tighten the suspension. This stops the car rocking back and forward when you put the throttle down, and avoids understeer.

Nope.

In many cases you want to reduce resistance on the front dampers under compression, and likewise the rears under extension - thus almost keeping this aspect 'loose'. This ensures the transfer of weight to the front under braking, increasing grip on the front tyres.

I haven't bought it yet,but it is on my buy and to tune list.

This may help.

The weight distribution of this car is 42% Front and 58% rear.Hope this helps.👍

chim, GREAT SETUP! just beat the ferrari and MR cups. quick question, the setup understeers just a LITTLE bit for my personal liking. What should i change in the setup to give it some more steering?

Thanks mate, sorry it took me so long to reply, finals week at the university.

You can try tweaking the stabilizers (anti roll)

Stronger Front and Stronger Rear = tend to oversteer
Weak Front and Strong Rear = tends to oversteer as well

You could also tweak the toe angle

F/R
In Out

F/R
Out Out

Personally, I'd try tweaking the anti-roll first (since the other adjustments have been made)

EDIT:
Here's a general setup
Order is F/R

Height Low/High
Rate Weak/Hard
Expand Strong/Strong
Compress Weak/Strong
Roll Bars Weak/Hard
Toe In/0
Camber Negative/0

Last edited:
Thanks mate, sorry it took me so long to reply, finals week at the university.

You can try tweaking the stabilizers (anti roll)

Stronger Front and Stronger Rear = tend to oversteer
Weak Front and Strong Rear = tends to oversteer as well

You could also tweak the toe angle

F/R
In Out

F/R
Out Out

Personally, I'd try tweaking the anti-roll first (since the other adjustments have been made)

EDIT:
Here's a general setup
Order is F/R

Height Low/High
Rate Weak/Hard
Expand Strong/Strong
Compress Weak/Strong
Roll Bars Weak/Hard
Toe In/0
Camber Negative/0

no prob man, do you go to uva/ vtech? And thanks, i'll try the minor tweaks to anti roll and see how it goes.

Thank you for these tunes. I will try them later. I just fully upgraded my 458 Italia and this thing is uncontrollable.

My biggest problems were understeering and spinning my wheels when I try to accelerate out of turns. So I tried to tune it to make it stiffer and now it turns like a bus. It sounds like I definitely need to pick up the racing tires, too. I've been running on Sports Soft.

Hi

I have a question about two of the recommended setting changes.

(1) Setting marked "Aero: 10/40"

(a) When I install the Front and Extension aero kit are you saying this is where the default value of 10 comes from since they are fixed down force values.

(b) Do I have to install a "Wing" to get the down force value of 40? In the tuning menu I do not see any option to adjust down force (which is where I am confused).

(2) Transmission: set to top out at 242

(a) When I try to set the max speed of the transmission it allows me to change the value in measurements of 10. As a result I can set the max speed to 240 or 250. Is there something else I have to change to set the max speed to 242?

Thanks, Chimuel. Your tune worked perfect. I was constantly getting smoked by the Zonda in the Supercar Festival but this tune helped me take that series finally. Once again, thanks a bunch.

Hi

I have a question about two of the recommended setting changes.

(1) Setting marked "Aero: 10/40"

(a) When I install the Front and Extension aero kit are you saying this is where the default value of 10 comes from since they are fixed down force values.

(b) Do I have to install a "Wing" to get the down force value of 40? In the tuning menu I do not see any option to adjust down force (which is where I am confused).

(2) Transmission: set to top out at 242

(a) When I try to set the max speed of the transmission it allows me to change the value in measurements of 10. As a result I can set the max speed to 240 or 250. Is there something else I have to change to set the max speed to 242?

I was talking to some friends online about this question and figured it out.

Answers:

(1) (b) You have to add a rear wing. Then when you go into the tuning settings, go to body and chassis and find wing. Go to adjustment knob and change the down force to 40 for the rear wing. The front wing will be a static value of 10.

(2) Since I was using Km/h for my measurement the value should be 390 km/h

Hey Guys

I really like the 458 default engine sound. But I noticed after I did the 3 stage tuning the engine now has a higher pitch whine like the Mclaren Mp4-12.

Is this what everyone else is hearing? Does the sound change after the engine is broken in?

Hey Guys

I really like the 458 default engine sound. But I noticed after I did the 3 stage tuning the engine now has a higher pitch whine like the Mclaren Mp4-12.

Is this what everyone else is hearing? Does the sound change after the engine is broken in?

It's the tune. You are hearing it correctly.

Thanks, Chimuel. Your tune worked perfect. I was constantly getting smoked by the Zonda in the Supercar Festival but this tune helped me take that series finally. Once again, thanks a bunch.

Cheers! Hope you enjoy it for other races as well!

Hi I have a question about two of the recommended setting changes.

Same as gentletiger13 said.

1a Front is fixed at 10, as I mentioned earlier in this thread
1b Yes, rear wing must me installed (I personally don't like how it looks but performance squeezed from it far outweighs the visuals, besides... I use bumper cam)

2a You're in kph and I'm using mph.

Enjoy!

Chimuel, this tune is an absolute beast! Thank u so much, this car is now my favourite:) Its got all now, speed, handling and everything I could possibly want from a car. Thanks again!:)

So i've been messing with a tune of my own based off of chimuels alignment setup and here's what i've got and seem to have a lot of luck with, especially on the nurb:

Height: -8/-6
Springs: 12.9/13.3
Extension: 6/5
Compression: 6/5
Anti-roll: 5/4

Camber: 2.4/2.0
Toe: -.09/-.03

On my italia, however, i dont have any weight reduction, nor do i have LSD or chassis rigidity. I like the car a lot better with the added weight. I tried the car prior with full lightweight but the car is a monster to keep on the road. The added weight, to me, makes it much easier to drive.

EDIT: Also, i tend to run racing meds.

So i've been messing with a tune of my own based off of chimuels alignment setup and here's what i've got and seem to have a lot of luck with, especially on the nurb:

Height: -8/-6
Springs: 12.9/13.3
Extension: 6/5
Compression: 6/5
Anti-roll: 5/4

Camber: 2.4/2.0
Toe: -.09/-.03

On my italia, however, i dont have any weight reduction, nor do i have LSD or chassis rigidity. I like the car a lot better with the added weight. I tried the car prior with full lightweight but the car is a monster to keep on the road. The added weight, to me, makes it much easier to drive.

EDIT: Also, i tend to run racing meds.

So you spent extras on purchasing a second 458? To my knowledge, I don't think weight reduction modifications, or be it chassis reinforcements are reversible.

I prefer tuning and finalizing the tune on Sports Soft because Racing tires mask the underlying problems with the car and its harder to feel what the chassis is doing.

No, i did it to a buddies ferrari.. hahah!

I can see where you're coming from. I should try that out...

EDIT: But then again, you'd really want to tune the car for whatever specific you want to use, right? This would include tires..

So you spent extras on purchasing a second 458?

I've got two 458s of my own. One is the super modified one and one I've kept stock. I actually buy the cars I like in pairs, one for racing and one just to have/driving without any modification.

Chimuel your tune is awesome! Thanks man, my Ferrari is now a beast, it doesn't oversteer if you don't put full trotle in the curves. Awesome man, now i love my Ferrari! And i race if no TCS.

Back