I need a setup for Ferrari 458 Italia

• Thread starter xchristox
  • 158 comments
Try my setup:

Layout: Front Value/Rear Value

Aero: 10/40 (10 is fixed for the front)

Transmission: Set at 242mph (Adjust per track as well but this is my general setting)

Suspension:
Height: -10/-13
Springs: 6/5
Dampers (Ext): 6/5
Dampers (Com): 6/5
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 2.4/2.0
Toe: -.09/-.03

Brakes: 5/6

Layout: Top Value/Middle Value/Bottom Value
LSD: 7/30/5

TCS 1
Skid Recovery Off
ASM Off
ABS 1

Tyres: Works best with Racing Softs

works like a charm :)

I do most of my tuning online via the nurb, and have yet to try this setup offline, but after some more fine tuning, here's what i've got:

Alignment (chimuels):

Downforce: 10/40

Suspension:
Height: -8/-6
Springs: 12.9/13.3
Extension: 7/7
Compression: 5/5
Sway: 5/6

Brake balance: 5/5

Running racing soft, no weight reduction, no rigidity, and no LSD.

Could be better with LSD (possibly) but i've yet to try.

I like it.. But, let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: Its a very "on the throttle" kind of car. Too much throttle in 2nd will give you some (more controllable) oversteer, but 3rd and higher really makes the car dig and pull through the turns.. It takes some getting used to, but i like it.

Last edited:
I do most of my tuning online via the nurb, and have yet to try this setup offline, but after some more fine tuning, here's what i've got:

Alignment (chimuels):

Downforce: 10/40

Suspension:
Height: -8/-6
Springs: 12.9/13.3
Sway: 5/6

Brake balance: 5/5

Running racing soft, no weight reduction, no rigidity, and no LSD.

Could be better with LSD (possibly) but i've yet to try.

I like it.. But, let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: Its a very "on the throttle" kind of car. Too much throttle in 2nd will give you some (more controllable) oversteer, but 3rd and higher really makes the car dig and pull through the turns.. It takes some getting used to, but i like it.

Here is my current setup for racing ONLINE, focused on Nurburgring, I have excluded NA upgrades so that I can race in <650HP races (if you fully upgrade you might not have anywhere to race online, non-NA upgrades can be disabled to drop HP).
I use the DFP Wheel.
All Assists are OFF, except ABS = 1 (without it your toast)

ONLINE Tune (458 Italia):
676HP Max (all upgrades except no NA)
1242kg (Stage 3, no glass upgrade)
Carbon Hood
Aero Kit (Wing, Nose, Nose-fin-thingie)
Chassis Reinforcement
Racing Soft

Downforce: 10/38

LSD:
Initial: 8
Accel: 55
Braking: 10 (looking to try ~5)

Suspension:
Height: -10/-10
Springs: 12.9/14.3
Compression: 6/6
Sway: 5/5

Alignment:
Camber: 6.5/5.0 *key change IMHO
Toe: +0.05/+0.20 (looking to tweak this next) EDIT: Front Toe needs to be Negative, misread the description...

Brake balance: 8/8 (higher seems better, 9/9 resulted in problems though)

In general the car feels a little floaty, compared to say, a touring car where you feel glued all the time. I'm hoping to tweak this some more in the next day or so.
Current issues are: stepping off the track slightly, at high speed, is very delicate to recover; occasionally I spin-out in 2nd gear because I don't know the track well enough

I have not tried this in A/B-Spec... I would expect it to do something weird given the difference with online racing...

Last edited:
Updated stats for my previous post/tune:
ONLINE Tune (458 Italia):
724HP Max (all upgrades)
1242kg (all reductions)
Carbon Hood
Aero Kit (Wing, Nose, Nose-fin-thingie)
Chassis Reinforcement
Racing Soft
Transmission 211 MPH

Downforce:
10/38

LSD: (I need to try new values for this)
Initial: 40
Accel: 50
Braking: 15

Suspension:
Height: -7/+7
Springs: 11.5/11.0
Extension: 6/6
Sway: 4/4

Alignment:
Camber: 4.0/2.0
Toe: -0.05/+0.10

Brake balance: 8/5

Italia Nurb time: 6:52 (don't think I can currently drive much faster than this)
Car feels nicely pasted to the track, no spinouts...
Future tweaking will try to weaken the downforce to gain some speed...

Current issue: standing start from 2nd gear or the tires turn white too fast imho.. I can see it get whiter everytime I shift.. lol.. suggesting I maybe have some traction loss...

Last edited:
Are you using a controller?

Im using Logitech GT and that car is an absolute dream. I have that car absolutely maxed out down to the carbon hood and racing hard/soft tires, lowered to the ground, and that thing is planted. I turned my trans. up to about 215mph and have TC at 3. I've yet to find another car that handles better that isn't a race car.

Try my setup:

Transmission: Set at 242mph (Adjust per track as well but this is my general setting)

Suspension:

TCS 1
Skid Recovery Off
ASM Off
ABS 1

thanks man! Great tune that fits my driving style perfectly! Use it with a 640hp 458, and it's about as controlable as a mini cooper with race softs! just brilliant!

Two tunes in here one has intial torque on the LSD set to 7 the other to 40? How can that be possible? They're massively different aren't they?

for those talking about losing your rear just add camber to your backside to limit your acceleration capabilities. drop your lsd as well if more camber does not work. just tweak it to find the right balance so you do not add much understeer.

Yeah drop the main initial torque setting to 5 and then then tweak your acceleration sensativity. Run a practice through Grand Valley or Trial Mountain or Cape Ring or any of the circuits. Any course that needs you to do alot of braking into corners and hard accelerating out of the corners. Trial Mountain is my main tweak course due to it being about 1 minute 30 seconds long with most of my higher end cars and it has that great left corner with a little bend going into a hilled straight. Great for testing your settings.

Tuning is mainly about tweaking because each course is different. Some courses have different kinds of asphalt then the others so your car will act different on, say Nurburg compared to Tsukuba but you can get the general feel for what you want your car to do. I tweaked my Ford GT 06' to the point of chopping 17 seconds off my time in some courses.

Just gotta find control out of the turns for these types of high powered cars. Racing Mediums or Softs, plus utilizing LSD and Camber will work wonders for virtually any car that likes to lose its rear out of the turns, which seriously slows down acceleration. And of course I mean rear camber for the FR cars, really the only cars that have backend problems from what I've seen. You can also tweak your suspension and anti-roll bars to help counter any understeer that may be created. Alot of people talk about how tweaking settings causes understeer but a good drift around the turns is all about SHIFTING the weight of your car going into a turn and then gunning it and losing traction on the tires. I have major understeer with my Ford GT but can drift around any turn I desire by simply shifting the weight of the car to the opposite end of the turn before hitting it. ( aka, into a right hand turn start on the right, shift hard left and then right again and gun the acceleration, you'll 90% of the time lose your traction and begin drifting ).

Try my setup:

Suspension:

TCS 1
Skid Recovery Off
ASM Off
ABS 1

Great Job!!! thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent a PM to chimuel but if any of you have a tune for the 430 Scuderia, I'd love to hear it. I bought one for the Seasonal Event and purchased all of the upgrades because I know I want to keep this one around for a while.

( aka, into a right hand turn start on the right, shift hard left and then right again and gun the acceleration, you'll 90% of the time lose your traction and begin drifting ).
this is known as a SCANDANAVIAN FLICK
used in D1 and WRC. pro drivers learn it in grade one. best way to maintain speed through corners with limited traction potential.

I sent a PM to chimuel but if any of you have a tune for the 430 Scuderia, I'd love to hear it. I bought one for the Seasonal Event and purchased all of the upgrades because I know I want to keep this one around for a while.

As I suggested in the PM sent to me I would try out the 458 setup on either 430s. I actually just used this same exact setup with no modifications on the 430 Scuderia and beat the Seasonal Event. Did consistent 1:46:xxx and my fastest was 1:45:695 using a Dualshock 3.

Might need to change gear ratio down two ticks and stiffen suspension up but I don't have time to test it out since I'm in university.

Cheers!

Try my setup:

Suspension:

TCS 1
Skid Recovery Off
ASM Off
ABS 1

Thanks so much. This tune is amazing. If you ever have hours to kill, please do more.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5309804#post5309804
This is the tune for the 458 without wing, but for Sport tires (sorry, I was wrong)

But I raced with him at the Nordschleife today and he was tuning this car. I'm not sure, but I think he's going to post a new tune for it (guess R3 tires, no wing).

Ask him!

Cheers for the link, but I was thinking more along the lines of a standard 458 with suspensions and LSD, no extra bhp added....?

Cheers for the link, but I was thinking more along the lines of a standard 458 with suspensions and LSD, no extra bhp added....?

Hi, My friend doc_slump is right, i'm doing a new option for my 458 no aero parts and racing soft tires full power. I'll publish the tune later.It's 609pp, To race 600pp just need to take out all exhaust parts.

Hi, My friend doc_slump is right, i'm doing a new option for my 458 no aero parts and racing soft tires full power. I'll publish the tune later.It's 609pp, To race 600pp just need to take out all exhaust parts.

Quality, I'll watch this space 👍

Back