Idea For GT7 Career Mode (Please Vote!)

• Thread starter Crazy3001
  • 55 comments

Online Career Mode?

• Total voters
I think Real Racing 3 implemented something on the lines of this that you can race online people in a normal career race but their times would be fixed, I'm not sure how it works, but I'm fairly sure you Don't race them at the same time, more like race a few AI and Online racers and, when finished the race, the data from your race is given to the next person.

Anyways! Yeah, there would be a few flaws but GT need to take some sort of a risk and, so what, if it doesn't work, everyone would still have the option of not doing it. Personally, I'd much prefer there to be an actual story in it, not just random races that have no meaning, other than credits. Some, like me, wouldn't have the privilege of this because, most of the time, I'm unable to go online due to poor Internet speeds. Oh, and one more thing: Standing Starts!!! Worth a gamble GT :)
Yes, you do not race them at the same time. It's basically a replay saved and uploaded, similar to your rank and such..

Too easy though, but the AI is way worse in that.

That could be great, but I just don't see people playing clean and fair on online career mode. They would push you out of the track on first corner.
They could make online events, races and stuff in seasonal style, not sure if it's possible though.

Maybe if there's a more complex (ha... Like PD would spend time to finish something, let alone "complex") good sport system like rock star made, we might be on to something.

Players would be matched by rating points (RP) which would be kept a max at 100.
Contact is -5, off track -.25, blah blah blah...

good?

Maybe if there's a more complex (ha... Like PD would spend time to finish something, let alone "complex") good sport system like rock star made, we might be on to something.

Players would be matched by rating points (RP) which would be kept a max at 100.
Contact is -5, off track -.25, blah blah blah...

good?
Yeah I like that idea. They'd have to figure something out to keep people from dirty racin'

That could be great, but I just don't see people playing clean and fair on online career mode. They would push you out of the track on first corner.
They could make online events, races and stuff in seasonal style, not sure if it's possible though.
Driver ratings, works in IRacing and it can work here. Even something simple as a stat of contacts/race will eventually identify the dirtiest of drivers and if you can restrict lobby entry to a certain driver rating then you'll never see them.

PD on R & D Days:
image.jpg

It's a good idea, but good ideas are incompatible with PD's logic. Thumbs up for thinking of this though.
I did a similar thread before GT6 was released but the Poll Results were quite different...86% thought it was a good idea back then. Interesting to note that with almost the exact same numbers of votes the results are overwhelmingly less positive a few months after the game is released. It must reflect the dramatic pessimism that has captured GT6 in the last few months and just general discontent with the state of the franchise.

I'd just like the AI to get improved. Having a career mode entirely online might work, but I'd prefer the offline career to be better, and longer. I like to use cars that are way below the PP limit to challenge myself, and I still win!:bowdown:
An online career might work, but it might be hard to find opponents playing the same event, and will be really hard to Gold everything.:eek:

An online career mode on top of an offline mode does sound like a good idea, and would be something new and fun to have (provided they do right by implementing skill-based matchmaking for example). As a part-online and part-offline career mode is the question, I would say Let's do it!
Unfortunately with GT5 and 6, PD haven't been able to make enough races period :indiff: (especially since GT4 has more races than both GT5 and GT6 combined)

However, such an idea mustn't be taken to the extreme case of an online-only career mode, which basically means turning the game more or less online only as well (with the exception of arcade mode, photo mode, replay theatre, etc) and is something I absolutely resent the very idea of

I think this would work really well as a separate F2P game like Tekken Revolution, but in the main game for career races it would just cause catastrophes.

I'd just like the AI to get improved. Having a career mode entirely online might work, but I'd prefer the offline career to be better, and longer. I like to use cars that are way below the PP limit to challenge myself, and I still win!:bowdown:
An online career might work, but it might be hard to find opponents playing the same event, and will be really hard to Gold everything.:eek:
Forget everything you know about GT Career, this would have to be something designed entirely from the ground up with a completely different structure and either entirely separate from offline career or an optional supplement to it. Driver ratings would really have to become a must for this to work so you can race against drivers of your own calibre. Goals would not longer be just winning like in offline career, but overall speed, avoiding contact, consistent results, monetary earnings etc. For example, to get past [fictional] National B level the goal might be one of the following:

1. Earn 3 victories in [insert fixed lobby here]
2. Earn 5 podiums.
3. Earn 7 top 5's.
4. Earn $100,000 in prize winnings.
5. Complete at least 15 races from start to finish before the auto timer runs out.

etc.

Brilliant!!! Combined with an online ranking system and matchmaking, you would be skill matched with drivers close to you in speed. I'd also like it if it was chock full of Spec Races with cars provided and no tuning, especially in the lower ranks, and a completely separate bank acct and garage (optional for increased difficulty and realism).
Separate bank accts for online, no they do that in gta.

Driver ratings, works in IRacing and it can work here. Even something simple as a stat of contacts/race will eventually identify the dirtiest of drivers and if you can restrict lobby entry to a certain driver rating then you'll never see them.
Well said, iRacing has not failed me yet when it comes to that.

On the other hand, people do make driving mistakes and it may cost you 2 spots. It does happen guys, sorry. However, if you drive careful yourself and avoid the avoidable incidents, then you will be just fine.

it is good idea but it would definitely not work.... imagine you have job and limited time for playing ..how can you be so sure there are for instance 12 other people who AT THE SAME TIME are doing the same race as you... because if not that would mean for you to wait like an idiot because there are not enough people to fill the lobby... and if the rest is filled with AI ..it doesnt make any difference :-)

To me the career mode feels like PD pressed randomize to create most of the events, a feature I wouldn't mind having in the game.

What I would like to see in career is some kind of story to tie everything together. They got the Goodwood 'missions' right and they're obviously trying to put some story in by having Vettel enthusiastically tell us about the joy or racing between races.

Project Cars has previously outlined how they've planned to have a progression from karts through the classes and where you can take different forks in your career. This way your career could hit its peak without having completed both the rally and open wheel parts of the game. In GT you complete the career mode when you've done half of it for no apparent reason, they just lob a trophy in your face and play an outro movie half way through the game.

Back