If you designed a GT Vision Car what would it look like?

• Thread starter Hamisxa
  • 504 comments
I saw more McLaren P1 at the front

Edit: what was the wind tunnel programme you used?

Last edited:
View attachment 102274 Apocalypsys, another one of mine... Could be a VGT...

Just me? or is that look EXACTLY like the Honda Vision Hotwheels?
honda-hot-wheels-racer-wallpapers_18021_1920x1200.jpg

Wow! why haven't I heard of this thread before :confused: I've been working on my own design for a VGT for a while now, mind if I share it?

... :irked: Too bad. I'm going to anyway. :grumpy:

It's a Maserati, which surprisingly hasn't been taken yet.
006.jpg 011.jpg HNI_0098.JPG

Last edited:
Been obsessed by weird, turbocharged, AWD, weird looking Daihatsu Kei cars over the past few days, so I decided to make what I think would be a cool Vision GT for them.

I present to you the Daihatu Mira VGT.

Daihatsu Mira VGT.JPG

Ideally, it would be twin engined with a 125HP, 1.0 litre, turbocharged 4 cylinder at both the front and middle of the car. Power is fed through a 6-speed semi-automatic gearbox to all four wheels, thanks to full time AWD as well as having 4 wheel steering. Weighs just over 800Kg.

Various features of the car include flared front and rear arches, rally spotlights, adjustable rear wing, side exit exhaust pipes on both sides, gullwing doors, fully integrated roll cage and alcantara Recaro bucket seats with Sabelt racing harnesses.

Been obsessed by weird, turbocharged, AWD, weird looking Daihatsu Kei cars over the past few days, so I decided to make what I think would be a cool Vision GT for them.

I present to you the Daihatu Mira VGT.

View attachment 159506

Ideally, it would be twin engined with a 125HP, 1.0 litre, turbocharged 4 cylinder at both the front and middle of the car. Power is fed through a 6-speed semi-automatic gearbox to all four wheels, thanks to full time AWD as well as having 4 wheel steering. Weighs just over 800Kg.

Various features of the car include flared front and rear arches, rally spotlights, adjustable rear wing, side exit exhaust pipes on both sides, gullwing doors, fully integrated roll cage and alcantara Recaro bucket seats with Sabelt racing harnesses.
Is thi made out of fairy dust to be this light, all these features :D

Alpine Vision-110

Basic specs
1.6 litre turbo V6 with 700bhp, derived from the Renault F1 unit
1040 kg through use of composites such as CFRP.
Active suspension and aerodynamics.
Choice of 4 liveries (heritage, rouge enfer, Gris Mako, noir soir)

Target lap time of Nurburgring: 6:32

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 9
Thanks :) All you need is practice, my first models were blocks. There are no curves in Sketchup, its all straight lines. So its much more simple than it can look once youve got the hang of it

View attachment 120623

Out of curiosity, how much memory does this program take up? If its not too much for a low-end laptop like mine, I've love to try it out so give it a go at this VGT thing.

Out of curiosity, how much memory does this program take up? If its not too much for a low-end laptop like mine, I've love to try it out so give it a go at this VGT thing.

I used it decently on a 2006 Toshiba with an Intel Celeron and 1GB of RAM. Yours can probably handle it. Things start getting slow when you start putting a bunch of objects with high polygon counts. That's where your (most likely integrated) graphics card starts to show what it can do.

I have quite a low end laptop and it handles SketchUp very well. But yes as Ameer said it does get slow once the models reach a high polygon count.

Grouping parts like wheels into single components can I think help to keep it going smoothly. Leaving shadows and textures off makes a big difference, at least with my laptop anyway.

Latest Posts

Back