If you designed a GT Vision Car what would it look like?

• Thread starter Hamisxa
  • 504 comments
I don't have a picture, but I think something along the lines of a 1999 3000GT VR-4 fat ass (with giant spoiler), the front end of a Viper, and the sleek and sexy lines of a Porsche to connect it all together.
Looks great in my head anyway. :lol:

attachment.php

MAZDA DEMIO VGT

There is a lot to think about and a lot I've thought about in regards to Vision GT.

The way I see this whole Vision GT deal, it is all purely based on making exceptional automobiles bearing the identity of the brand. Cars designed would have to be futuristic (and perhaps avant-garde) while still bearing the personality and character of the represented brand or entity. They may even be machines much different from what a company normally would offer. For example, think about Aston Martin and their amazing front-engine, RWD sports cars and exotics. Then think of the Aston Martin DBC concept car- a beautiful mid-engined car which bears some of the same styling touches and identity of Aston Martin. Machines would have to be completely different from what you'd normally expect from a certain company. I think even a company like Daihatsu somehow has a Vision GT machine worked on. So you know this Daihatsu will be much different from the Kei cars they produce. Don't forget about companies that DON'T produce cars yet still have a hand in making machines under Vision GT. Remember the Nike ONE from Gran Turismo 4? They somehow have another futuristic machine penned for Vision GT. Heck, if he wanted to, our illustrious leader Jordan could create his own Vision GT car showcasing GTPlanet and his design philosophy. So almost anyone could create any sort of car for this deal.

So when it comes to Vision GT cars and what we've seen so far, cars will have to be designed to look futuristic while offering a machine bearing your design philosophy and brand. A car I would design would be a futuristic car that reflects what I would consider beautiful and with a level of performance befitting of its allure. Take it from the realm of fashion- some people have a sort of dream outfit that describes one's fashion style more or less. I wouldn't want to design (or even build) a car that I wouldn't be happy trying to conceptualize. I wouldn't want to design such a car that I wouldn't be proud of showcasing or promoting. I want my creation to represent me and my ideas. So if I made a machine for Vision GT, it has to involve as many aspects in performance and aesthetics true to me as possible.

My own idea would have to be a futuristic mid-engine sports car with a swoopy appearance. Maybe something like the one-off Ferrari P4/5 or something like a GTP-type race car. I'm thinking road-going car mostly. However, I would always be open to a racing variant of this car. My favorite color is blue, so I would prefer the car to be like a Sapphire Blue while also having some gold accents. Or as one person suggested- kind of like the Blue Angels of the U.S. Navy. Besides blue and gold, I also would prefer red and gold. The red color would either have to be a ruby red or a crimson red. I haven't thought about things like the engine or anything like that.

That is what I'd come up with for Vision GT and how I think about this whole deal.

I really, really tried with this one, and it turned out well, especially the taillights.

I call it: Pontiac Phoenix VGT.
I'd love for it to be powered by a mid mounted LS, but I think it would be better as a proper attempt at a Fiero with a V6 or Turbo 4 cyl.
image.jpg

My pencil broke, I'm tired, and it's late. So I drew a solstice front end, but I can change it.

If you look at BMW's VGT you can see its the track version of the i8

...until they decided to turn it into the track version of the 2 series instead :grumpy:

after a close comparison i found the original image was also a 2 series with more splitters and painted like an i8. Wish the final VGT had a more aggressive front and a paint job like bellow...(carbon fibre + detailing, in the 'M' colours)
upload_2014-6-21_10-28-33.png

I know the editing is rubbish, but I only had half an hour and used google draw.

I'd make a Vision GT AG ship, so it will be called "AG Systems Vision Gran Turismo".
I will try to combine the following pictures to make one awesome concept:
2013-08-26-140344.jpg
conceptcar06.jpg
Amphithere Draco AM14.jpg
Amphithere Draco AT-14 Prototype.jpg

Last edited:
21db2b1fb6a2093b9116acf0fca47aea.jpg

Lamborghini LP-730/2 Raton Vision GT

The Lamborghini philosophy focuses on visceral thrills and massive speeds. The 730 BHP, 1100kg Raton will definitely deliver the massive speeds, channeling all the fury of the lightly modified Lamborghini Aventador's V12 through the rear wheels only will provide the ultimate thrills.

With Pirelli racing tyres, the car can utilise all the power it needs, and even more, to rocket around the Nurburgring in 6 minutes 33.627 seconds. A time bested only by the most extreme racers of the 80s. And of course, there will be more to come.

Every beast grows stronger with time, Raton is no different.

21db2b1fb6a2093b9116acf0fca47aea.jpg

Lamborghini LP-730/2 Raton Vision GT

The Lamborghini philosophy focuses on visceral thrills and massive speeds. The 730 BHP, 1100kg Raton will definitely deliver the massive speeds, channeling all the fury of the lightly modified Lamborghini Aventador's V12 through the rear wheels only will provide the ultimate thrills.

With Pirelli racing tyres, the car can utilise all the power it needs, and even more, to rocket around the Nurburgring in 6 minutes 33.627 seconds. A time bested only by the most extreme racers of the 80s. And of course, there will be more to come.

Every beast grows stronger with time, Raton is no different.
That's a cool idea, although Ratón means mouse in Spanish ;)

The second time I try my luck at drawing one of these VGT:
IMAG1613[1].jpg

A small sporty 2-seater with a V4 naturally aspirated engine up front and rear wheel drive. Fairly light as well, ca. 1050 kg.
The detachable top is hooked up to the A-pillar and the back part lays on two supports that come out of the center console, rise in between the two seats and curve out to form a part of the outter structure.
It's not a perfect drawing and the front and rear wheelarches should be swapped, but I hope you like it.

That's a cool idea, although Ratón means mouse in Spanish ;)
I know but it's also a fighting bull's name, quite a famous fighting bull. Keeping up traditions y'see.

Plus, the PR could be "Ratón: doesn't live up to the name"

Something that would look like a futuristic lotus exige. It would be Very light weight. For an engine it would have a 3.0 litre (give or take) Two Stroke V8 with the power being in the top end. It would have a 6 speed transmission and have an MR layout with a 50:50 weight balance (easier said than done but it is vision gt). Also DRS would be on it.

That's just a B-Spec Mazda 2... B-Spec is one of the most inexpensive racing series in the world... ITC-B is my own recreation.
Vision GT can be anything from a racing version of an existing car (BMW's VGT car) or a clean sheet design (Aston Martin's) so just saying "oh it's not a VGT" is pointless.

In this case it is as the Demio VGT could have a mid mounted Furai engine and 4wd, we don't know therefore cannot comment.

Vision GT can be anything from a racing version of an existing car (BMW's VGT car) or a clean sheet design (Aston Martin's) so just saying "oh it's not a VGT" is pointless.

In this case it is as the Demio VGT could have a mid mounted Furai engine and 4wd, we don't know therefore cannot comment.
that would be awesome, but I remember Mazda posting it on Facebook. That exact picture... So, in this particular case, nope, sorry.

that would be awesome, but I remember Mazda posting it on Facebook. That exact picture... So, in this particular case, nope, sorry.
Maybe the original poster hasn't got the time or skills to produce a drawing or 3D model so just used this photo, it's not like nobody else has ever done that in this thread.

Once again, we don't know therefore we cannot comment.

I'm no artist, but if I had a team of designers at my disposal to bring a VGT car to life, I'd take the Corvette where Duntov always dreamed of taking it.

I'm talking a lightweight, V8-powered, MR-layout supercar. Sure there were some concepts in the 60s and 70s -- the very C3 Stingray-looking XP-819 and the low-profile XP-895 Aerovette -- but I want something that has the aggressive design/lines of the C7 Z06 and doesn't look like a Lambo or Ferrari knockoff. (To be fair, the Corvette started as a European roadster-influenced sportster and, outside of the first two Stingray generations, has continued to be largely influenced by European trends.)

Back