Improving the Body Ridigty?

• Thread starter Ki_Reddy
  • 14 comments
Israel
Israel
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, and been playing Gran Turismo since 19 of June. If I improve the body ridigty, what kind of an effect will I get, other then the obvious fact that it will make the body last longer.

Thanks in advance, Reddy

P.S: Sorry if my english is a bit bad

It doesn't make the body last longer, it just makes it stiffer, less chassis flex. In the real world this adds weight to the car, it doesn't in the game.

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, and been playing Gran Turismo since 19 of June. If I improve the body ridigty, what kind of an effect will I get, other then the obvious fact that it will make the body last longer.

Thanks in advance, Reddy

P.S: Sorry if my english is a bit bad

In simple terms, 'Improve Body Rigidity' makes a car more stable.

It's useful for cars that have a high level of rear end instability when turning/braking... such as some MR and RR cars.

But be careful what you fit it to - for the majority of cars it makes them too stable and hence hard to turn - more understeer.

In simple terms, 'Improve Body Rigidity' makes a car more stable.

It's useful for cars that have a high level of rear end instability when turning/braking... such as some MR and RR cars.

But be careful what you fit it to - for the majority of cars it makes them too stable and hence hard to turn - more understeer.
I see. Thanks for the help.

I agree 100% with @Stotty. @praiano63 uses it more often than I do and he produces some of the best tunes on this site. Maybe check out some of the cars where he used it and which ones he didn't. There might be some insights there. I think that he likes using it so if there is a car in his garage without it, you know that it has been tested and that you should never apply it to that car.

@Motor City Hami is right... some tuners use it more regularly than others, and I have used it myself on relatively stable FR cars occasionally.

As always in GT, sometimes things just work for no good reason :lol:

The reason I said be careful is because once you've installed it, you can't uninstall it... so if you fit it to a really expensive car and you haven't got a lot of cash, save your game 1st, test it, and if you don't like it reinstall the save. That way you don't have to buy another car to get rid of it 👍

It's pretty logical. Cars that should be very stiff tend to not benefit from it. Cars that should have flex will.

For instance, the C7 vette is supposed to be a very stiff car in reality. It is likewise modelled in the game, so it is better without.

The Z8 is the other extreme. It's a soft car in reality and it's soft in the game. Add the stiffening and it's still soft, but better.

I know in real life soft top cars and convertibles flex far more than hard topped cars I'm not sure how this applies to the in game physics(or even if it does apply )

Okay I got another question, instead of opening a new thread I'll throw it here:

What car (Tuned) preduoces the most BHP? Doesn't matter, normal or race car. Which one?

It doesn't make the body last longer, it just makes it stiffer, less chassis flex. In the real world this adds weight to the car, it doesn't in the game.
I'm not too sure if it would have any effect on how long your car will go between rigidity restorations or not. I've not tested this myself but I remember @CSLACR posted some results of testing the pit service options a while back, can't remember if that was tested then or not.

Last edited:
I agree 100% with @Stotty. @praiano63 uses it more often than I do and he produces some of the best tunes on this site. Maybe check out some of the cars where he used it and which ones he didn't. There might be some insights there. I think that he likes using it so if there is a car in his garage without it, you know that it has been tested and that you should never apply it to that car.
Those are the cars that i´ve tuned with 'Improve Body Rigidity' .
I don´t think they need absolutely this tuning option, but during the process , i have found some stability problems on most of them and install it.
You can´t take it out and it change the behaviors and balance of the car. So, you must install it to use my tune on this cars.
I´m sure you can have a good result without it too but the tune must be very different. To resume, 'Improve Body Rigidity' can be used to reduce an excess of oversteer and/or if the car swing a lot on his line over springs and dampers.

Ferrari Enzo FXX
Pagani Huayra
Ford Shelby GT500 15th Anniv
BMW M3 CSL
Ferrari GTO
Chaparral 2J Special Chris Tune'
McLaren F1 Stealth Model
McLaren F1 GTR - Kokusai UK
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Renault Sport Megane Trophy
Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd
Peugeot 905B EVO1 1Bis LM
Mazda 787B Stealth Model
Mercedes Sauber C9
Audi R18 TDI 15th Anni.
TVR Speed 12
Mazda Furai
Shelby Series One Super Charged
Shelby Cobra 427
BMW M5
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

Ferrari Enzo FXX
Pagani Huayra
Ford Shelby GT500 15th Anniv
BMW M3 CSL
Ferrari GTO
Chaparral 2J Special Chris Tune'
McLaren F1 Stealth Model
McLaren F1 GTR - Kokusai UK
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Renault Sport Megane Trophy
Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd
Peugeot 905B EVO1 1Bis LM
Mazda 787B Stealth Model
Mercedes Sauber C9
Audi R18 TDI 15th Anni.
TVR Speed 12
Mazda Furai
Shelby Series One Super Charged
Shelby Cobra 427
BMW M5
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

Many LMP Race Cars in that list. Have you built any LMP cars since 1.09 and would you still add chassis rigidity to them?

I always thought of it as a simulated "roll cage" for cars without one. So I've always added it as a default for street cars to convert them to track cars.

I don't like to add it to Racing Cars...since they already have a roll cage.

I'm not too sure if it would have any effect on how long your car will go between rigidity restorations or not. I've not tested this myself but I remember @CSLACR posted some results of testing the pit service options a while back, can't remember if that was tested then or not.
I haven't fully tested that specifically, but I would be incredibly surprised if it made the chassis refresh last longer.

What happened between GT5 and GT6, is that they (presumably accidentally) dropped a zero on the calculator. 5,000KM in GT5, 500KM in GT6.
The oil change went the other way, from lasting 200KM to (presumably) 2,000KM.

Chassis rigidity I don't add. Ever.
Understeering cars get worse, and in my experience it doesn't really help over steering cars. Waste of money to me.

Back