Infamous: Second SonPS4 

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 161 comments
Should be getting our copy tomorrow - had a delay today due to a birthday. I like a bit of humour in the game...

Last edited:
Just finished my first sit down and hot damn this game looks amazing.

Very smooth gameplay. And of course gorgeous.

Playing thru as a good guy simply because it takes longer trying not.to kill civvys.

Cant wait to finish the first PT so i can crank thru blowing everything in my path up as a bad guy.

Was supposed to get my copy yesterday but it is nowhere to be seen yet :(.
Maybe today, or maybe monday.

Anyone get the infamouspapertrail.com thing to sync properly?

Im logged into papertrail and tied it to my psn account. But when i go to the mailbox in game it says it couldnt do what it needed to do, go back to the start of the papertrail missions ( something like that) so i go back to where that began and nothing happens.

I just unlocked the second island but want to finiah everything on the first before i go into #2 and thats all i have left to do.

One thing i did mess up is i dropped a tower onto a survivors cage killing them, so ill have to try to save them all on my evil playthrough.

Edit: looks like its a widespread problem.

Last edited:
Do it, the asides Delsin comes out with are very much like Drake's in a few places.

I just did, orderd it from mightyape! Will receive the shipment by tomorrow (NZST-Tuesday). Anyway it will be my very first PS4 game.

And......Also my very first Infamous game too. :)

Last edited:
Just finished my first play through. I liked Second Son for the most part, the story was ok and the gameplay was good. Graphically, it's gorgeous. The environment it very pretty, especially in the rain when you can see all the reflections and glares off the wet pavement.

I was surprised how short the main story was. I seem to remember Infamous 1 & 2 being significantly longer. I've already 100%ed the game in around 8-10 hours. However, I haven't completed the paper trail missions yet. A little more variety in the gameplay would have been nice, as most encounters feel very repetitive; as do the four powers you unlock... I felt like they were all the same apart from different color effects.

I must admit I miss Cole. Troy Baker is one of the best in the business, but Delsin never really won me over. Delsin really just felt like a hipster who shops at urban outfitter. I didn't dislike him... but I didn't like him either.

I wrote a lot of complaints but I did enjoy it and I will soon start a second play through this time taking all the evil options. I enjoyed every aspect of Infamous 1&2 more but Second Son is easily the best game on PS4 right now and absolutely looks next-gen.

I play this game a little bit and the graphics and how sucker punch configure to use the PS4 control is awesome i love this game for now compare vs previous inFamous is my fav

Got it. :)

13390193134_9bd988dd8e.jpg

Ahh, you have the beanie too - nice. I hope you enjoy it (the game) as much as I have been so far - very pretty and lots of fun.

Just finished my good playthrough on expert.with 100%
Evil should be alot of fun. Only side trophies i need are sign twirlers, musician, and execute. The rest of the evil ones will come via gameplay. Itll be my first ps4 platinum.

I must say, this game is tons of fun. I loved inFamous 1, 2, and FoB and so far this is by far the best and most enjoyable. I'm about 36% through my first play through and I'm having a great fine. I spend half my time just moving around blowing up APC's and killing DUP soldiers and not actually going for missions and side missions. Nice job by Sucker Punch in crafting a beautiful world and the best PS4 game I've played.

100% in 8-10 hours. Thats fast.
My first playthrough was on expert playing the good guy. I also100% it, but was no where near the 10 hour mark.closer to 30.
Started my infamous playthrough on easy llast night. 6 hours in and i havent cleared the entire first island yet. One more district to clear. Almost reached imfamous status already tho.

Theres gotta be 4 hours of cutscenes at least in this game, its what 45 mins to an hour before you even get to seattle.

Hats off for such a speedy playthrough. I could never get through it that quick. Not trying to clear everything anyway, thays for sure.

Started the game today and it looks like one of the best games on PS4 right now.

Currently working through the story on normal difficulty working on good karma and it still has some of the familiar feel from the previous games. I also love the way the game incorporates usage of the touchpad for interacting with certain objects.

The areas where you can spray graffiti do feel a bit awkward though with having to hold the controller like a spray can. i'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Love this game! Elemental powers rocks! 👍

I must admit that Delsin Rowe is the new 'AVATAR'. :)

Last edited:
My favourite power is Video, followed by Neon. Smoke's okay, and Concrete is straight up bad. :yuck:

Platinum achieved.
still have to finish up the paper trail stuff as its released.
I didnt 100% my infamous playthrough so ill probably do that too. Once i had all my powers full i just went and finished the story missions. Still have a couple districts to clear in the southern island.

I've just unlocked video, it's probably my favourite power yet. It's a little annoying with the cumbersome and heavy sword, in heavy fire you can be killed pretty easily trying to wield that purely because it's so slow. Apart from that I'm loving it.

Sorry for the double post but I need some assistance. I've reached the mission where you have to scale the D.U.P control tower thing and confront Augustine, I can get to the bit where you have to defeat the helicopters and the angels join you. But the thing is you have to defeat the foot soldiers as well, and they keep falling off the tower all the way to ground level. It won't let you progress untill they are dead.

But I can't kill them from halfway up the tower as I can't even see them, and I can't jump down because the game thinks I've fallen off the tower and it restarts the mission from the last checkpoint. So I physically can not kill them, but I have to for it to let me carry on in the mission.

Help!!!

Sorry for the double post but I need some assistance. I've reached the mission where you have to scale the D.U.P control tower thing and confront Augustine, I can get to the bit where you have to defeat the helicopters and the angels join you. But the thing is you have to defeat the foot soldiers as well, and they keep falling off the tower all the way to ground level. It won't let you progress untill they are dead.

But I can't kill them from halfway up the tower as I can't even see them, and I can't jump down because the game thinks I've fallen off the tower and it restarts the mission from the last checkpoint. So I physically can not kill them, but I have to for it to let me carry on in the mission.

Help!!!
Wierd, that did not happen on either of my playthroughs.
Iirc you do not have to deal with the choppers.

Love this game! Elemental powers rocks! 👍

I must admit that Delsin Rowe is the new 'AVATAR'. :)
Glad you are enjoying it, as I always feel nervous recommending a game.

Caz
Wierd, that did not happen on either of my playthroughs.
Iirc you do not have to deal with the choppers.
Same here - quite a few got knocked off the side...

@Pagey279 is that on the tower's rooftop itself, or at a lower level? I think a fall from either would kill them anyway. It must be something else that#s causing the hold up.

@Pagey279 is that on the tower's rooftop itself, or at a lower level? I think a fall from either would kill them anyway. It must be something else that#s causing the hold up.

About 3/4 of the way up. I think I've solved it now, the D.U.P on the ground are completely irrelevant to the mission, they are just bog standard ground forces like the guys that man the hand scanning stations. I will have to abandon the mission and load a previous save, kill all the guys around the tower and hopefully it will solve the problem.

Did last weeks paper trail update last night. Toughest of the lot so far.
I really enjoy what they are doing with this dlc. Very clever.

inFAMOUS Second Son: Sales Surpass 1Million in 9 days

So it comes with great excitement to learn that within the first nine days of launch, global sales of inFAMOUS Second Son exceeded over 1 million units*, making Second Son the fastest selling inFAMOUS title to date!

First time in the series? Am I right on this?

---------------------------------

Anyway, I just completed the Good karma story!

Overall, it's such a gorgeous game! 👍

Last edited:
Back