InMotion Lemans project looking exactly like the X1

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 41 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is still pissing me off. This is your response after I've corrected you on dying from a coma and mentioning I have a TBI. People with TBIs can still have rational thought and it is not a laughing matter. It changed my life, it changed my family's life and it goes the same for everyone else who ends up with a TBI. You are never the same again.

That is one of the trashiest, lowest back handers directed at a member that I've ever seen. You are a piece of trash.

Then surely you know better than anyone that trying to stop this happening to other people in the future is more important than someone who hasn't experienced it and is sitting from the sideline. But, as you said, F1 is fine the way it is and it's fun when people get hit in the face with objects, or tractors. :cheers:

Then surely you know better than anyone that trying to stop this happening to other people in the future is more important than someone who hasn't experienced it and is sitting from the sideline. But, as you said, F1 is fine the way it is and it's fun when people get hit in the face with objects, or tractors. :cheers:
Sure, if you want to feel right? Consider the fact that I have a TBI and still know they won't be effective enough AND they'll cause more issues in many normal situations.

You thinking no one cares or remembers Jules or his crash already? That makes no sense. Because they haven't installed canopies already? You are high and you think a canopy will hold up to a tractor counter weight and you threw a jab in at me over the TBI. And you just get more assinine.

You're also making things up, saying I said this and that or that xyz is fun...didn't say several things you've said I did. You're literally making things up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
@332i @ColouredBadger

Did you guys ignore this post? We'd really like our discussion to stay on-topic please, so please take it to another thread.

On the discussion, first it was that knock-off GT logo and now this? You think maybe PD and buddies will do something bout it?
No, I've seen it a while ago. I guess you missed my point in that the reason they don't use them is because, yes, it can stop a tire. But it can't stop smaller objects that are spreading high forces across a much smaller surface point. That shatter and puncture with smaller objects. They tested them after massa got hit with the spring and buried the idea, because it didn't work well enough.

Pigeon bird strikes at low altitudes. Doesn't get much lighter than a pigeon. The jets are going faster, but getting hit by an object that is much lighter than any part of an f1 car that could destroy a canopy; ie something other than body panels...which drivers get hit with all the time anyways. Debris, panel shards, etc. After looking at the canopies from pigeon strikes, tell me you want to drive into a tractor counter weight with confidence that it will benefit you at all. Stupid. There is a reason the only clip released was the tire test...which is irrelevant in f1 now. Tires don't go sailing anymore. A spring would blow a canopy to smitherines.

142708.jpg

_42010666_birdstrikejetpa.gif

t0go07.jpg

Last edited:
No, I've seen it a while ago. I guess you missed my point in that the reason they don't use them is because, yes, it can stop a tire. But it can't stop smaller objects that are spreading high forces across a much smaller surface point. That shatter and puncture with smaller objects. They tested them after massa got hit with the spring and buried the idea, because it didn't work well enough.
Im not vouching for one side or the other. In merely stating that this thread isn't the place to discuss the validity of using/not using a closed cockpit (unless a mod says so).

Maybe its a publicity thing. :P
Considering PD are stuck in their own little word, I doubt they'd do something about this. Quick to shut down hacking but not this.

I'm thinking it's going to be a nerfed version of the X2014 regular/junior. It's probably to fragile to deal with IRL.

real nice design copy study :lol:
i hope that newey is somewhere involved into the project ..
even if because of physics laws and computer drawing programs designs tends to looks the same
he was the first one to do it

I wonder what they do in every other motorsport that has a roof? :P An F1 car already has a hole in the front of the car to cool the drivers legs and body. They do the same with every other car in motorsport. It won't be any different with a Formula car.

Example of cooling vents on a closed cockpit LMP.

The problem is, an F1 would NOT have a roof, only a glass covering. And you think that covering would have protected against an impact like Bianchi's one?

The problem is, an F1 would NOT have a roof, only a glass covering. And you think that covering would have protected against an impact like Bianchi's one?
I would think it would make it worse, but let's get back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back