• 1,061 comments
This reminds me something.. Jaguar XKR GT2 :embarrassed:

1408841981-circuit-de-la-sarthe-2013-47.jpg

1408841975-circuit-de-la-sarthe-2013-46.jpg

1408841978-circuit-de-la-sarthe-2013-44.jpg

The real one:
China_qualifying.jpg

:gtpflag:

Has anyone found race modifications like in GT5? i tried on the Evo X but I can't find anything.

Race Modification doesn't exist in GT6. All the RM cars from GT6 are separate cars now.

Edit: Disregard, didn't realize this was an old post.

Not sure if this has been brought up before...if yes, my bad.

Anyways, I just bought a new Abarth 500 '09 for the new 400pp FF seasonal. After equipping the sport exhaust, I noticed that the two exhaust tips are different sizes :confused: The left one is bigger than the right one.

Is this intended, or a mistake? I could see it being intended as the factory "dual" exhaust being replaced with an aftermarket single pipe...but why retain the old factory tip and piping on the right if it's not being used?

Either way, it looks weird having mismatched exhaust tips :lol:

Thats new. I know that it has the twin tip design (smaller pipe within the main pipe). It could of just been a glitch. But if you see it, post a pic. I'll try and see if happens to mine as well.

I can't check every page of this thread but I don't think I saw pictures of the modified mufflers (other than some muscle cars, viper, lambo and mercedes). For some cars they're really cool and on one car (so far) I saw it also affects the aspect of the rear bumper.

I think I'll post some pictures "soon"

Not sure if this has been brought up before...if yes, my bad.

Anyways, I just bought a new Abarth 500 '09 for the new 400pp FF seasonal. After equipping the sport exhaust, I noticed that the two exhaust tips are different sizes :confused: The left one is bigger than the right one.

Is this intended, or a mistake? I could see it being intended as the factory "dual" exhaust being replaced with an aftermarket single pipe...but why retain the old factory tip and piping on the right if it's not being used?

Either way, it looks weird having mismatched exhaust tips :lol:
^Confirmed. Just tried it out and it does have 2 different sizes. (left is bigger thn right)

Strange rear spoilers on a couple of Alfa Romeo's.

On the 147 TI there's this rough, riveted and handcrafted spoiler. Even more strange is the fact that it seems to unload the downforce it produces... against the rear window:confused:

Siracusa (giorno).jpg

The Brera. In this case the spoiler is more traditional, but it's also secured directly into the glass of the rear window.

Siracusa (giorno)_1.jpg

I'm not an engineer and I know these cars aren't fast enough to produce massive amounts of downforce, but wings unloading weight on glass? That's just silly.:confused:

Strange rear spoilers on a couple of Alfa Romeo's.

On the 147 TI there's this rough, riveted and handcrafted spoiler. Even more strange is the fact that it seems to unload the downforce it produces... against the rear window:confused:

View attachment 219135

The Brera. In this case the spoiler is more traditional, but it's also secured directly into the glass of the rear window.

View attachment 219138

I'm not an engineer and I know these cars aren't fast enough to produce massive amounts of downforce, but wings unloading weight on glass? That's just silly.:confused:

Edit, pic didn't work
cae77097920400e14ca341b933a508a6.jpg

The Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro V10 can accept a carbon driveshaft as a modification, Its not really interesting, but it is kind of odd to me. That being said, the driveshaft is then going towards the front wheels since it is a mid engined car. Normally FR or Front Engine 4WD cars would have the drive shaft go to the back wheels instead, I just found it odd that it would take the driveshaft modification the opposite way. Its pretty interesting to me.

How in the hell do I get that attachment at the back? I tried putting the body on the KTM but I don't see it.

If I remember correctly, this mod appears if you put racing exhausts on the car (the last exhaust, most expensive one).

The Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro V10 can accept a carbon driveshaft as a modification, Its not really interesting, but it is kind of odd to me. That being said, the driveshaft is then going towards the front wheels since it is a mid engined car. Normally FR or Front Engine 4WD cars would have the drive shaft go to the back wheels instead, I just found it odd that it would take the driveshaft modification the opposite way. Its pretty interesting to me.
image.jpg

I know it has a driveshaft, but normally in a FR car it would be going towards the back not the front, or for a front engined 4WD car, it would also be going toward the back, so what i am trying to point out is that its odd to me that its backwards for the Audi R8 or for that matter any midship or rear engined 4WD car.
And I find it cool that its not transverse either like the traditional 4WD car.

I know it has a driveshaft, but normally in a FR car it would be going towards the back not the front, or for a front engined 4WD car, it would also be going toward the back, so what i am trying to point out is that its odd to me that its backwards for the Audi R8 or for that matter any midship or rear engined 4WD car.
And I find it cool that its not transverse either like the traditional 4WD car.

"Traditionally", Audi doesn't do transverse, even in front-wheel drive. Only its smaller models, such as the TT and A3 etc. use transverse mounts (like the Golf etc.; same platform, and often same engines). This meant the engines were mounted forwards of the front axle, giving rise to the legend of the characteristic Audi understeer. What's great is Audi moved the engine back (well, they moved the axle forwards), but engineered the understeer back in...

RS2-Cutaway-Cartype.jpg

Many front-engine 4WD cars have drive shafts "going forwards" from the centre diff, too (the Audi above has both front and centre diffs incorporated into the gearbox casing, so the shaft is internal).

Here's an older version of BMW's x-drive:
BMW_xDrive.jpg

That's why the prop shaft upgrade is more expensive for 4WD cars than for FR. ;)

Attachments

• gtr_detail10.jpg
    gtr_detail10.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 10
  • rs200_2.gif
    rs200_2.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
View attachment 223987

View attachment 223988

View attachment 223989

I might be the only one, but a Suzuki GSX-R/4 with a custom wing set to its lowest and widest setting looks nice.

Nope, you're not the only one. Been there, done that, back when the custom wings first came out. Didn't think it was anything special, more odd than anything, so I never posted anything about it. I have also seen several others do the same thing.

I know people have mentioned that you can put a carbon hood on the 1994 FTO GPX before but I just noticed something I haven't read before. When you fit the car with racing brakes and go to the paint area for calipers, the MIVEC badges on the sides, along with Mitsubishi and GPX at the back change to the same color as your calipers when painted.

Not exactly cool but thought it was worthy of a mention.

Last edited:
I know people have mentioned that you can put a carbon hood on the 1994 FTO GPX before but I just noticed something I haven't read before. When you fit the car with racing brakes and go to the paint area for calipers, the MIVEC badges on the sides, along with Mitsubishi and GPX at the back change to the same color as your calipers when painted.

Not exactly cool but thought it was worthy of a mention.

Cool! Thanks!

Back