iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
care to send us a link to this forum post? i would be interested. i run at max force feedback on all cars all tracks

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1613166.page

It's one of the stickies in the general discussion forum.

Just like when you have a stereo amplifier set too high, you can get "clipping" and miss out on certain frequencies. Using this monitor allows you to figure out where you should set your FFB level so you are getting the max amount of force without missing out on some of the details.

I don't think hes asking very bad questions. Is there a guide on tweaking braking curve factor? I've always set it to 0.0 on my CSPs but on my pot brakes (T500rs) I set it a bit higher cause I don't want for my brakes to lock as soon as I tap them

I reread his question. I thought he was asking where to change it. :)

Congratulations to Eric on his 2nd place finish today. He said he finished on fumes, so good job managing your fuel as well Eric! Giancarlo and James are both amazingly quick, he's tough to beat.

I'll be missing the next race too (working again) but I'll be watching and cheering for you!

spot on, hence why I don't protest turn 1 accidents. That guy is massively annoying, since we can name names here, his name is Benoit Ivald2 or something like that, watch out for him, his got like 10+ average race incidents or something, insanely crazy driver.

to give you an idea what happened, I was 2nd on the grid, and he tried to drive between me and the first car in the middle of turn 1. Think about it....just wow....

Update:
ANOTHER WIN IN THE SKIP!

2nd win in 2 weeks. I should of won the earlier one this morning but still, coming from 1 lap down to 3rd, now a win in the arvo after an awesome day at the beach. Bloody awesome day.

Also no.1 in time trails now with a 50 point lead.

WTG! 👍
Did you start in position 1 by quali or default (you had the highest iRating in the group)? The SOF is decent at 859!
When I end up racing the skip the guys from down under raise the SOF and lower the laptimes! I'm lucky to get on the podium! LOL I always see in my races that one guy Troy Rodgers(?) from Aus/NZ running the yellow/green skippy. damn he is fast! But I notice he either "wins it, or bins it!" so to speak!

Remember if you don't qualify, you start based on your iRating but you are automatically behind anyone who did qualify. So if your iRating is 3000, but you didn't qualify and I did, even though I might be much slower than you, I'm still starting in front of you.

Congratulations to Eric on his 2nd place finish today. He said he finished on fumes, so good job managing your fuel as well Eric! Giancarlo and James are both amazingly quick, he's tough to beat.

I'll be missing the next race too (working again) but I'll be watching and cheering for you!

Fumes indeed. Fuel light came on at the start of the last lap, and then you can count on watching the fuel pressure gauge drop like a rock. Got checkers with 18psi left and that wasn't even enough to limp back around to the pits after an outlap at 40mph.

I came out of my pitstop just a few seconds behind Giancarlo. However I also stuffed up my pit stop and stopped a little too far and had trouble finding reverse. I need to map that to a button. Maybe I could have battled with him and put some pressure on him.

Overall an uneventful race. Not one caution, only a couple minor incidents involving car contact. Mustangs minded their manners knowing that they are slower through every turn, except early on when Trace kinda stormed through in a hurry and knocked Jarrett Lawson off-track. Never did see him again.

Off to VIR for the next one. Going to need a lot of practice.

I believe the recommended brake curve setting is 1.6 to 2.0 for spring type brakes. Now, this does not mean you have to use a value in that range. The lower the number, the brakes will be stronger or more sensitive and will lock easier. The higher the number, less sensitive and less chance of locking brakes. You can however, go so far to where your brakes won't lock and will be quite weak with too high of a number. Same goes if you go too low of a number. The brakes might lock at initial press of the pedal. Just start in the recommended range and play around with the values till you find something you like.

As for FFB, its really just personal preference. I usually run around 10-12 FFB, but I'm using a G25. So it might be different in your case.

Thanks, I guess I could have reworded the question better but you answered it

So I spectated a Legends Lanier race today (to know what to expect before I begin to) and the leader ran 15.7- 15.8 second laps. I ran a consistent 16 flat in test mode and with a little extra caster in the RF I knocked it down to high 15.8 and 15.9, but can't seem to find that extra tenth or two. Any pointers in the line that I most likely haven't figured out yet? I go almost to the line (probably 10 feet or so) before I lift and possibly add minor amounts of brake (about 10%) it's tough to explain

Also while watching the race I remembered most of you agreed that Legends races were wreckfests in the first few laps, lol no kidding. 1 & 2 were bumper to bumper but after that everyone was at least 2 laps down some even in the teens

Last edited:
I did another 2 races at Okayama Friday night in the Mazda. These didn't go so well

In the first race I didn't get a chance to qualify, but started from the grid anyway. I started in 3rd, but got rammed and ended up 4 th after the first section. I got passed a little later and was down to 5th. After about 10 laps I caught up to a different car in 4th place. I took an inside line through the first S turn and he hit me in the side 3 or 4 times in a row. I'm not sure if he did it accidentally or was mad at me for passing. I forgot to save a replay so can't check. I got towed to the pits. I forgot to shut off servicing and ended up spending 2.5 minutes in there. Ended up finishing last with 14 incident points. Lost 0.07 SR and who knows how much IR

For the second race I decided I would play it safe and start from the pits. Hopefully I would gain back some SR. I had never started from the pits before so I didn't know what to expect. I was surprised when I was finally allowed to leave. Got going too fast and was black flagged for speeding. I went around a lap and came back into the pits. Somehow I made another mistake coming into the pits and received another stop and go. Now I was up to 46s of penalty time. I didn't learn my lesson during the first race and again forgot to turn off pit servicing. I spent about 2 mins in the put between servicing and penalties. I was 2 laps down on the field. This gave me even more incentive to drive safe. I finished last again but gained .18 SR st least

Over all a fairly bad night of racing. I did learn to shut off pit servicing in short races. I need to look up how to do that. I think I'll try one more race on Okayama this week. I'm thinkin I'll try to qualify and get up front.

The last 3 races i've done my connection has timed out. As a result my iRating has plummeted by over 200 points :/

I was doing really well in the Mazda at Okayama, running 3rd having started 8th and was catching the leaders after being held up for 2-3 laps. No incidents, with what was probably the cleanest first few corners i've seen in any race.

Then at the start of lap 7 the other cars disappeared as I groaned 'Not again...'.

I love this game but my internet connection is making it impossible to enjoy it at the moment. Time trials and practice just isn't the same, it's the on-track battles I enjoy as it's not necessarily the fastest guy that wins.

I did another 2 races at Okayama Friday night in the Mazda. These didn't go so well

In the first race I didn't get a chance to qualify, but started from the grid anyway. I started in 3rd, but got rammed and ended up 4 th after the first section. I got passed a little later and was down to 5th. After about 10 laps I caught up to a different car in 4th place. I took an inside line through the first S turn and he hit me in the side 3 or 4 times in a row. I'm not sure if he did it accidentally or was mad at me for passing. I forgot to save a replay so can't check. I got towed to the pits. I forgot to shut off servicing and ended up spending 2.5 minutes in there. Ended up finishing last with 14 incident points. Lost 0.07 SR and who knows how much IR

For the second race I decided I would play it safe and start from the pits. Hopefully I would gain back some SR. I had never started from the pits before so I didn't know what to expect. I was surprised when I was finally allowed to leave. Got going too fast and was black flagged for speeding. I went around a lap and came back into the pits. Somehow I made another mistake coming into the pits and received another stop and go. Now I was up to 46s of penalty time. I didn't learn my lesson during the first race and again forgot to turn off pit servicing. I spent about 2 mins in the put between servicing and penalties. I was 2 laps down on the field. This gave me even more incentive to drive safe. I finished last again but gained .18 SR st least

Over all a fairly bad night of racing. I did learn to shut off pit servicing in short races. I need to look up how to do that. I think I'll try one more race on Okayama this week. I'm thinkin I'll try to qualify and get up front.

Ouch! I feel your pain! Experience is a good teacher. Once you get out of rookie the racing is much cleaner!

iibc, the default is F4 and F5 to brings up the pit fuel and tire change during the race. I almost always do sprints so I turn off fuel and turn off tire changes while waiting on the grid for the race to start. however, be aware that, at least for me, when I have to pit the 'fill fuel' and 'change tire' options are automatically turned back ON and I have to go back and turn them OFF.
I do not now if there is a way to turn off tires and fuel for the entire event? anyone?

When I passing someone I almost always call out, "Joe, I am inside of you," or sumfink to that effect to let them know where I am and what I am doing. It usually works very well but not 100%.
good luck!

Thanks for the pointers. I read a bit about F4 and F5 today. I don't have any chat equipment yet, but will look into it. I do have a Bluetooth earpiece for the PS3 an my computer has Bluetooth. Maybe I can use that

I was excited about having onboard bluetooth on this new motherboard. Then I found it can't even keep a connection with my headset sitting at my desk. Useless. We use a teamspeak server with only the race admins having voice privileges for those league races, so I might try using the iPod app and then connect the headset to that. I keep voice chat turned off in the sim anyway so I don't hear anybody but the marshal and race admin.

Did my first race today :D, I came in 9th because I got nailed on the 2nd lap and after repairs I got nailed again and I couldn't drive straight :/

Hoping next race would be better!

Can I ask how one does this?

I checked on the start guides and can't seem to find it.

I looked in settings and one of them was the pit service key but when I press that whilst I am at the pits it doesn't bring up anything - I am a bit sick of changing my tires every time I am there.

I looked in settings and one of them was the pit service key but when I press that whilst I am at the pits it doesn't bring up anything - I am a bit sick of changing my tires every time I am there.

I haven't actually done it, but in the guide it says you can cancel refueling with F4 and tires with F5. I'm assuming you can do it prior to the beginning of the race while on grid and it will hold the setting for the race

Make sure the little check boxes aren't checked. I have it set that on my DFGT I dcan use the red jog wheel, + & - and 'enter/return' buttons for turning things in the black boxes on & off.

how do I reset my "reset" button? I'd like to do that^, but I set my reset button as the black return button on the center of the red wheel

I believe tracks change over Monday night, but I'm uncertain what time. Am I correct that it changes at midnight GMT tomorrow. So if I'm on GMT -6 I will change tracks tomorrow night at 6pm?

Sitting on the grid hit F4 for your fuel and then hit space bar to uncheck it, and then the same for tires but use F5 and direction arrows to uncheck each tire.

spot on, hence why I don't protest turn 1 accidents. That guy is massively annoying, since we can name names here, his name is Benoit Ivald2 or something like that, watch out for him, his got like 10+ average race incidents or something, insanely crazy driver.

to give you an idea what happened, I was 2nd on the grid, and he tried to drive between me and the first car in the middle of turn 1. Think about it....just wow....

Update:
ANOTHER WIN IN THE SKIP!

2nd win in 2 weeks. I should of won the earlier one this morning but still, coming from 1 lap down to 3rd, now a win in the arvo after an awesome day at the beach. Bloody awesome day.

Also no.1 in time trails now with a 50 point lead.

WTG! 👍
Did you start in position 1 by quali or default (you had the highest iRating in the group)? The SOF is decent at 859!
When I end up racing the skip the guys from down under raise the SOF and lower the laptimes! I'm lucky to get on the podium! LOL I always see in my races that one guy Troy Rodgers(?) from Aus/NZ running the yellow/green skippy. damn he is fast! But I notice he either "wins it, or bins it!" so to speak!

:):gtpflag:

GTP_FastM3
I believe tracks change over Monday night, but I'm uncertain what time. Am I correct that it changes at midnight GMT tomorrow. So if I'm on GMT -6 I will change tracks tomorrow night at 6pm?

Yes, but what do you mean that the tracks change?

I mean that this week we are racing on one track and starting tomorrow night we switch to a different track. I'm assuming this happens at 0:00 GMT, but want to clarify

GTP_FastM3
I mean that this week we are racing on one track and starting tomorrow night we switch to a different track. I'm assuming this happens at 0:00 GMT, but want to clarify

Oh I thought there was gonna be some sort of an update.... Lol dumb question

Im sad that many series only use 2 tracks... Also that im so busy i cant ever play!

I'm pretty sure it's only Rookie series that use the same two tracks over and over.
Probably makes it good for people with not much time because you don't need to learn a new track every week, you can just jump in and race.

Guys, you REALLY need to go read the iracing documentation if you don't even know how to change your pit adjustments or how to map a button. Chances are if you don't know those simple things then you don't know the Sporting Code either.

Guys, you REALLY need to go read the iracing documentation if you don't even know how to change your pit adjustments or how to map a button. Chances are if you don't know those simple things then you don't know the Sporting Code either.

+1
After some of the driving I saw and experienced over the weekend, there's a lot of people who need to do that... :dunce:

Back