iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
In my opinion, that is the kind of guy you can exclude from any divisions, except division 1. I mean let's say Greger Huttu didn't already have an account and joined today, his iRating would take some time to go up. And since the divisions are based on iRating at the beginning of a season, he would not be classified in division 1. But obviously he deserves to be there... Same story with Mr. Lacombe and such aliens.

Yeah, I he's already beating the D1 guys and his iRating is already on the 2600s and climbing, no doubt he's heading straight into D1 next season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him reach Pro in 2 seasons!
I agree this kind of cases should be excluded and relocated to a better suiting division, but that would take resourses from iRacing that would be better used in other areas. I have no problem with him going trough the ranks it sucks for us mortals but that's just the way it works, is not like he's cheating or anything he's just doing what we all love to do wich is enjoying the experience to the fullest!

What happened to V8 supercars? I remember back in the day you mentioned it but havent seen you mention it lately. They should be getting the NTM soon hopefully. I've watched some more of Mad's films and it looks like they can absorb some abuse very nicely.

What series you think you might try in Class B?

Oh nice congrats! Just took a peek at your profile. The sim is starting to reward you very nicely for your efforts

Btw, while I might have your attention. I think it would be cool if you could get FRAPS. That way if you ever make a vid you could chop up the vid to show the interesting bits. You could even make a highlights video. I imagine you're probably way too busy for such things though

Thanks.

Yea, I don't like the v8. The GT's are better. V8 isn't me. I tried it a few times..

I want to get FRAPS, its like $40 though? argh...

Last edited:
Something I read at Star Mazda forum

Started second because only two of us did Quali times, dropped to third after my off on the third corner and then dropped to fourth.

Hm, I hope I can get on pole so bad this week if people are being that lazy in my split :dopey:

I had my first skip barber race yesterday, It was just me and some other guy and there was 24 people competing at that time. :(

Edit: I just installed my new graphics card, IT LOOKS AMAZING, even though its just a 5450, I AVERAGE 120FPS at medium settings! Oh my god! I used to play this game at 30fps, but 120fps? This is a treat! And my t500rs pedals with bodnar cable just make this so much better! This is such a good day! :D :D :D :D

At high settings I can still get 90fps! OH MY GAWDD

Last edited:
The CTS-V, Infineon, and all skill levels equals :eek::eek:

Did some laps in the Mustang at Road Atlanta and its pure joy. Doesn't hurt either that Road Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks.:dopey:

I have tried the Mustang at Road Atlanta, the Mustang is like driving a brick on a greased up surface. :) I am getting 1:40 or so. I don't think that's very fast but I'm getting consistent laps.

left888
I have tried the Mustang at Road Atlanta, the Mustang is like driving a brick on a greased up surface. :) I am getting 1:40 or so. I don't think that's very fast but I'm getting consistent laps.

Haha, I know what ya mean. When I go from the Riley or the C6.R back to the Mustang its tough. The Mustang needs to be whoa'd down for the turn and then rotate the car with throttle. Feels like the car is drifting when done right. Have a feeling the NTM will lessen that drift effect/slip angle. Its fun though.

well guys, i took the plunge and will soon be uploading the youtube video of my Suzuka race. stay tuned. Probably be this weekend.

I just tried Camstudio for recording, I just don't have the computer knowledge to run that program because you have to download a bunch of 3rd party codecs and audio things to get it to run properly. Jav, I'll have another look at the MSI predator another day, I just didn't see very useful info on their website since it was a little difficult to navigate

well guys, i took the plunge and will soon be uploading the youtube video of my Suzuka race. stay tuned. Probably be this weekend.
using FRAPS?

yea using FRAPS.

I had it all done and loaded, just watching the final version and i stuffed up somewhere so back to the drawing board I go....

Did you pay or you on the free version?

sandboxgod
Something I read at Star Mazda forum

Hm, I hope I can get on pole so bad this week if people are being that lazy in my split :dopey:

I had that early in the weekend last weekend, you should be able to get pole if you qualify thursday and race on friday evening/night. That's what I noticed, a lot of people start to qualify on late saturday early sunday. That's what I noticed in the Mazda cup last weekend.

Cool

So I was looking at the season 2 schedule Pingwhen posted (page 445 on mobile app) and there are 3 tracks that pop up consistently in the series I want to run and I have enough money for 1, the cars I'm looking at are CTS-V, Mustang, and Ford GT (which I don't have the GT yet but I want). Mosport runs on all three, mid ohio runs on all three, Infineon runs on CTS-V, and Mustang MC with riley, which is class d 4.0 (above me)

So basically I'm looking at Mosport and Mid-Ohio, which is better?

On a side note legends is now advanced rookie switching with SS, and there is a Lime rock in the mix for legends! :) if you didn't already check out the forum thread (probably old news to most of you)

It's going to depend on the person, but me personally I like mid ohio much better. I've done pretty good racing there and the racing seems to be a bit more cleaner than what I have raced at mosport. Both tracks have some tricky spots and I've seen a quite few crashes at both.

I like Mosport better then mid Ohio but they are both excellent tracks. Throw in Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta and you got four awesome tracks.

Haha, I know what ya mean. When I go from the Riley or the C6.R back to the Mustang its tough. The Mustang needs to be whoa'd down for the turn and then rotate the car with throttle. Feels like the car is drifting when done right. Have a feeling the NTM will lessen that drift effect/slip angle. Its fun though.

I'm the same, the Riley and the C6.R handle so well. I also agree the NTM will stop most of the sliding on the Mustang much like on the Riley when it went from the OTM to the NTM recently.

I like driving the Ford Falcon, those super V8's have power to spare.

It's going to depend on the person, but me personally I like mid ohio much better. I've done pretty good racing there and the racing seems to be a bit more cleaner than what I have raced at mosport. Both tracks have some tricky spots and I've seen a quite few crashes at both.
This!

Get both tracks asap!
👍

In my skip experience I have had much more fun at Mosport track. I have had much cleaner racing at Mosport - I think this is due to the track having a few more passing points than MO. at MO people seem to force the pass more often than Mosport. However, I did find Mosport much more difficult to learn than MO due to the difficult T2 which claims a lot of cars and the difficulty in getting the Esses properly to maintain good laptimes. LOL

How do you change the replays' directory?

I have my iRacing game installed in another drive (not windows drive) but the replays get saved in my windows partition. How do I get the replays to be saved in another drive by default?

I just put a new graphics card in last night. I had a 5570 previously and installed a 6950. (I know it's overkill, but I'm planning to go to 3 screens this year some time). My FPS were 60-100 with most settings on low-medium. Now my FPS maxed out at around 320 and dipped down to lowest of 180 with all settings on high except crowds and shadow volumes. I knew the FPS would jump, but was amazed by how much.

Edit. The track was Okayama Full for both instances.

I just started using the F3 screen this past week and realized I didn't know what the different colors meant. (Someones post above got me thinking about it). When I checked I found this:

Your car and the Pace Car are shown in Gold. Cars on the same lap as you are listed in White. Cars that have lapped or are lapping you are shown in Red. Cars that you have lapped or are lapping you are shown in Blue. The up/down arrow keys will allow you to view further up/down the relative order display.

Is there a misprint in there. According to this cars that are lapping me can show up as blue or red. I'm assuming that the last sentence should read "Cars that you have lapped or are about to lap are shown in blue". Is that correct?

GTP_FastM3
I just started using the F3 screen this past week and realized I didn't know what the different colors meant. (Someones post above got me thinking about it). When I checked I found this:

Your car and the Pace Car are shown in Gold. Cars on the same lap as you are listed in White. Cars that have lapped or are lapping you are shown in Red. Cars that you have lapped or are lapping you are shown in Blue. The up/down arrow keys will allow you to view further up/down the relative order display.

Is there a misprint in there. According to this cars that are lapping me can show up as blue or red. I'm assuming that the last sentence should read "Cars that you have lapped or are about to lap are shown in blue". Is that correct?

Glad your using f3 now. !!everyone should be using it on day one and never turn it off.

left888
I like Mosport better then mid Ohio but they are both excellent tracks. Throw in Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta and you got four awesome tracks.

I'm the same, the Riley and the C6.R handle so well. I also agree the NTM will stop most of the sliding on the Mustang much like on the Riley when it went from the OTM to the NTM recently.

I like driving the Ford Falcon, those super V8's have power to spare.

I have the glen & spa, when I get money, I'll get Road america, Mosport, road atlanta, for now I think I'll get Mid Ohio

GTP_FastM3

That's correct. Red are laps in front of you, blue are behind.

Latest Posts

Back