iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Jav
Quick question guys, what's the requisite regarding participation to be elegible for a season's championship? Do you need the whole 8 weeks or is there no requirement at all?
I know that only 8 weeks out of 12 count to your points, but do you need all 8 weks or will you be elegible with only 6?

You should still be elegible with only 6. I don't know exactly though so don't hold me to that.

Jav
I'm screwd!!!:ouch:

In that case, its time for you to *Puts on Sunglasses* Put the hammer down.

Yeaaaah.jpg

In that case, its time for you to *Puts on Sunglasses* Put the hammer down.

Yeaaaah.jpg

Lol! That's exactly what I've been doing for the past 4 weeks, and it worked! Till out of nowhere comes an alien that only need to enter the race to outscore everyone on the division just because of his iRating alone...

Then what was the point of the post.

Just to know if I should worry about the guy who's gonna take the championship with just 5 races.

The points leader has only competed in five weeks this season? Sounds like anyone who has ran a solid 8-week+ season would take that win.

Jav
Lol! That's exactly what I've been doing for the past 4 weeks, and it worked! Till out of nowhere comes an alien that only need to enter the race to outscore everyone on the division just because of his iRating alone...

Just to know if I should worry about the guy who's gonna take the championship with just 5 races.

No, not directed at you Jav.

Kamuifanboy said he thinks its ok and then he says his not sure.

I am asking Kamuifanboy then what was the point of his post??

Motegi available for pre oder - I understand why iRacing did it but I don't see the benefits for consumers for it being made available for pre order. Its not like its limited and we can't buy it later if we need it. No special discount or offers, just give iRacing cash upfront eh? Not pleased, a business should know you need to treat the customer as no.1 - if it ain't good for the consumer, don't do it. For me, this is just boosting their cash coffers up prior to release but not giving anything else away for the consumer.

I know I am harsh, I just don't see the benefits of us stumping up money prior to the release.

The points leader has only competed in five weeks this season? Sounds like anyone who has ran a solid 8-week+ season would take that win.

That's the way it should be, but for our particular division we have a junior alien with an iRating of 2600+ and all he needs to do is sign up in a race to outscore any of us in D4, not that he needs to! This guy is outright spanking the D1 aliens! Out of 6 starts he has 5 wins on splits of 2900+ SOF, races no one in D4 has a chance of getting into due to our lower iR. i have wins in every week I've competed scoring an average of 85 points per week and this guy is still spanking all of us by 30 points with only 5 races. For the rest of the field is carzy tight, I'm holding on to 2nd place by a single point!
I know it's just the way the system works, but it's frustrating to work hard trough a season just to get raped like this at the end without even having the oportunity to race him...

I just tried Fraps alternative #2 after a few hours I realized it doesn't work with Google chrome, I will try again tomorrow (Growler GunCam) and again doesn't work with Fullscreen and I still don't think I have the sound portion figured out either

Motegi available for pre oder - I understand why iRacing did it but I don't see the benefits for consumers for it being made available for pre order. Its not like its limited and we can't buy it later if we need it. No special discount or offers, just give iRacing cash upfront eh? Not pleased, a business should know you need to treat the customer as no.1 - if it ain't good for the consumer, don't do it. For me, this is just boosting their cash coffers up prior to release but not giving anything else away for the consumer.

I know I am harsh, I just don't see the benefits of us stumping up money prior to the release.

Not that it helps, but they do it with almost all content.

The only benefit I could see it having is if someone was waiting for another piece of content to get a discount.

I did the pre-order, just for the sake of doing it, one less thing to think about when Week 13 (if they release it then) or Season 2 starts. With my leftover participation credits and my 100% content discount, it was $1.21. :)

Then don't? There's no difference either way. Some people want to have it paid for and able to start downloading as soon as they allow it. Its neither good nor bad for the consumer.

Jav
That's the way it should be, but for our particular division we have a junior alien with an iRating of 2600+ and all he needs to do is sign up in a race to outscore any of us in D4, not that he needs to! This guy is outright spanking the D1 aliens! Out of 6 starts he has 5 wins on splits of 2900+ SOF, races no one in D4 has a chance of getting into due to our lower iR. i have wins in every week I've competed scoring an average of 85 points per week and this guy is still spanking all of us by 30 points with only 5 races. For the rest of the field is carzy tight, I'm holding on to 2nd place by a single point!
I know it's just the way the system works, but it's frustrating to work hard trough a season just to get raped like this at the end without even having the oportunity to race him...

Weird, I think I'm in D3 for everything I've started, and my iRating only peaked to somewhere near 2600 from a really good string of races, now its like 2300. Haven't even been racing in the last 2-3 weeks I think. Will have to be more serious next season and dedicate myself to just a couples series. CTSV and maybe a Ford GT. That driver should get boosted up to a more appropriate division after this season.

Speaking about the Ford GT, I've been thinking about getting it, but it's down to GT, Riley, or C6R. I did a practice with the Riley guys @ Laguna Seca last weekend and dang is that thing fast compared to the FR500S

Speaking about the Ford GT, I've been thinking about getting it, but it's down to GT, Riley, or C6R. I did a practice with the Riley guys @ Laguna Seca last weekend and dang is that thing fast compared to the FR500S

All great cars, the GT cars should get good participation numbers this season due to the new series, so it might be a good idea to go that route.

Not that it helps, but they do it with almost all content.

The only benefit I could see it having is if someone was waiting for another piece of content to get a discount.

I did the pre-order, just for the sake of doing it, one less thing to think about when Week 13 (if they release it then) or Season 2 starts. With my leftover participation credits and my 100% content discount, it was $1.21. :)

actually your right, the discount thing, makes sense. 👍

Then don't? There's no difference either way. Some people want to have it paid for and able to start downloading as soon as they allow it. Its neither good nor bad for the consumer.

Sorry Eric, (APART FROM WHAT SUPERBIKE SAID, the discount thing does make sense) but apart from that, there is a difference. I don't think you took economics in uni? :)

Last edited:
The only problem I have with that LCD is that the screen is so small for the price. Supposedly they are working on a scalable software that will allow it to work on other screens. I'd pay good money just for the software, it's very very good, but I'm not paying $300 for another screen the size of a cell phone.

The only problem I have with that LCD is that the screen is so small for the price. Supposedly they are working on a scalable software that will allow it to work on other screens. I'd pay good money just for the software, it's very very good, but I'm not paying $300 for another screen the size of a cell phone.

yea. i agree.

where would you use the app? would you buy a cheaper lcd screen or?

iPad would be great because its touch screen.

I think those prices are close to iPad prices?

The two reasons that I have seen for preorder is...
To show moral support for iRacing. This is what I did and since I have so many iracing credits it did not require an actual purchase.
or
If a pilot wants a multi-item purchase discounts (10% for 3 items, 20% for 6 items, etc) asap and it one item short.

yea. i agree.

where would you use the app? would you buy a cheaper lcd screen or?

iPad would be great because its touch screen.

I think those prices are close to iPad prices?

I don't need the touch screen functions, I've got everything I need mapped to buttons. However I do have a 7" USB monitor that I use for iSpeed, but I can use the lap analyzer without the gauge display for iSpeed. So I would rather use the ZSimWheel software for gauges.

I don't need the touch screen functions, I've got everything I need mapped to buttons. However I do have a 7" USB monitor that I use for iSpeed, but I can use the lap analyzer without the gauge display for iSpeed. So I would rather use the ZSimWheel software for gauges.

touch screen will make it easier, i wasn't asking you as in what specifically applies to you but in general. in general, i think touch screen would be the way to go - not everyone has a button box ok?

Be good if iracing will tell us which cars will be NTM so it'll help me pick which car to use :(

If they made the software specially for iPad or Android, yeah, I would use my Motorola Xoom for it. But if they make it PC software, the iPad "Air Display" stuff for whatever reason doesn't work well with iRacing from what I've been reading, so you would then need an external monitor. The USB touch screen monitors are significantly more expensive than the non-touch. I paid $65 for my 7" Lilliput screen.

Oh, and we should find out about which cars are getting the NTM in the release notes for the next build which are normally released around the middle of week 13.

I had a hard time trying to complete a race with the HPD at Mosport last weekend. Five tries and the most I got was 16 laps.

Don't get me wrong, I like the track a lot and driving the HPD there is a blast. The problem is the HPD is way too fragile and Mosport doesn't have many escape areas. So a mistake at the wrong place is very likely to end your race.

Also, the fixed setup was a bit too low for T2. You had to go wide on it because the inner side has some invisible bump which makes the car lose grip and spin. On top of that, the track isn't the best for a multiclass series, with few safe overtaking points.

My goal was to complete at least half a race so I could complete 8 weeks and get some credits, and I managed that on my fifth try. I also managed to lose around 300 iRating points and 0.40 SR. :)

No HPD for me next season unless they make it more robust.

Yeah the damage model is way too unforgiving and the car is too fast for the majority of drivers in it. People make many poor decisions which can ruin someone else's race with ease. I've been doing much better since I've left the series. I decided earlier on I was done with that series and not coming back for the time being. Just way too much hassle. I'm personally a much bigger fan of single spec series anyways.

Now I do like the ALMS racing series but I cant honestly recall seeing the new HPD ARX cars they run struggle so much on straights passing GT cars. Granted, it is a newer model than the one iRacing has

The Muscle Milk HPD looks so sweet tempted to try to make a skin for it even tho I seriously doubt I'd ever race it anytime soon in that series

swiftwilly
need this!!! I mean that software is insane....I would just buy the software itself

I'd definitely get the software and use it on my old iPhone!

No HPD for me next season unless they make it more robust.

At least you should be able to repair almost any kind of damage in the pits fairly quickly, I mean such a modular car in real life is designed with things like this in mind.

Last edited:
The two reasons that I have seen for preorder is...
To show moral support for iRacing. This is what I did and since I have so many iracing credits it did not require an actual purchase.
or
If a pilot wants a multi-item purchase discounts (10% for 3 items, 20% for 6 items, etc) asap and it one item short.

Exactly this. A lot of people make a big purchase at the start of the season. If iRacing did not offer a preorder option people would be super pissed because many people always tries to buy in bulk to get the discount 10% - 20%

Back