iracing.com

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by red7, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Roush_fan_99

United States WA
    PSN:Roush_fan_99

I did a rookie legends race for the heck of it...... ya right there was all of 1 car on the lead lap, it wasn't a race but a game of dodge.... car. with a 19 car field and 50 laps I started 4th but even the pole guy was an idiot and came across my front end. I finished 4th 3 laps down:tdown:. I could predict anything, I could've probably done just as good with a blindfold on

edit: ran another to see if I'd do any better, I know, stupid move, I quit
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. Jav

Jav
    United States OrlandoFL GMT-5
    PSN:GTP__Jav

Lol!! Yeah! That, but the other way arround with the 1 in front of the 7...
    Lol!!
  3. Eric.

Premium
    United States
    PSN:GTP_Eric

So...The tire falloff on the Cadillac is kind of annoying. I can understand the car feeling like its on ice if you spin out at 130mph and make 8 rotations with the throttle buried to the floor, but one slow 180 degree spin at Infineon shouldn't make it want to do the same for the next four turns, taken carefully.

Worse still, is how bad they get 10 laps into the Infineon race.
  4. Jav

Jav

Yeah, that's kind of silly. GT5 like even, I hope they take care of that soon!
  5. Eric.

Premium
    United States

I think it might have been rushed to release just a little. Would explain the garbage base setup at least.
  6. swiftwilly

Premium
    Australia
    PSN:swiftwilly

logitech g35 are roughly $110ish USD...
  7. MadRR

United States NC
    PSN:MadRR

So looks like I finally moved up divisions. Just going to make getting a championship a lot harder now lol. It goes by your irating and I've just now started to get mine higher. I raced in a league on PS3 that went to iracing so I didn't do many official races for the first few months I joined. Just really got into doing official races this past season. My irating always hovered around 1500 in both road and oval putting me in division 5 in both. Got up to div. 2 in oval and div. 3 in road now. Now that I'm more experienced I think I can gain more iraing this season.
  8. plate88

Premium
    O-H-I-O
    PSN:plate88

Did a few hours in the Caddy at Infineon. Meh. Not a fan of the Caddy or really anything else on Infineon. Very, very challenging though. I'll at least give it that. I had more fun trying to get the Caddy down the 1/4 mile strip. Not a very good drag car, but makes for interesting drag races.
  9. left888

Premium
    Canada Alberta
    PSN:left888

I agree with that, a few animation loops have been rushed. It might take a few more builds to they get it right. It really is a lot of work coding, as we all know it's not something they can crank out in a few weeks. :)
  10. swiftwilly

Premium
    Australia

2012 Season 1 Skip Barber Race Series Division 6 Time Trial Championship, 1st Place

plan on printing this off and framing it haha...

not bad for first time effort.

I can't race in season 2 much with my kid coming soon :( so you guys won't get much race updates from me!

I'll still stick around to peeve you guys off. I know I have my fans ;)
  11. left888

Premium
    Canada Alberta

Say it ain't so (the not being here part) :D

You having a baby? (kid coming soon) :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :cheers:

Congratulations on the Skip Barber Race Series Division 6 Time Trial Championship, 1st Place :cheers:
  12. superbike81

United States Japan / Seattle

having a difficult time getting a clean lap in the open sessions for the Cadillac so after getting a good feel for the car at Infineon did 20 laps or so on my own, got down to a 1:34 optimal but only a 1:38.xxx best lap. Need to work on my braking consistency, I'm trying to stick with the baseline setup so I don't spoil myself since the Cadillac Cup is going to be fixed setup.

Also, really enjoying Motegi oval with the Indy car. Great track and I love the minimal banking, great racing!
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  13. Hwangm

Australia CHATTYWOOD
    PSN:Hwangm

grats SW,

btw I notice the new updated sound in skip have more oomph now(more bass and enging rumble) ,it's really close to youtube videos of real skippy race sound. very awesome
    also ability to toggle on/off spotter laptime report and announce leader start finish.
  14. swiftwilly

Premium
    Australia

will be around, just less time for iRacing!

totally. I have to rely on ffb to notice the sliding. Not use to the sound but I am sure I will adapt.

What you going to race Hwang? You did a mix of Multi class, Mazda and Skip last season.
  15. Hwangm

Australia CHATTYWOOD
    PSN:Hwangm

I like varieties, skip is my main if I can manage to race it . but been busy with work so i haven't "focus" on just one race, hence not buying more tracks, maybe next season.
    (been enjoying RBR heaps lately)
  16. zedfonsie

united states
    PSN:zedfonsie

I love the skip barber car, its giant go kart. :drool:
  17. good job, champ!

yeah, stick around and knock off the coffee and drink more beer to relax!
    :)
  18. superbike81

Really enjoying the Cadillac, it's such a handful with the baseline setup but it's like learning to tame a bull or some other crazy beast. Once you learn how to control it, it's very rewarding!

I'm hoping to have enough time to run at least one race a week (with minimal practice since I already have a decent memory of most tracks) in the following cars:

Cadillac
    Indy Oval/Road Fixed
    Riley DP
    Ford GT
    Trucks Fixed

Might also occasionally run NASCAR Class B as well.
  19. Eric.

Premium
    United States

I still haven't found proof of this being a fixed setup. Looking at the official schedule, even the Mazda Cup line says something like "Mazda Cup - 2012 Season 2 Fixed".

The spotter part was added last season. I like having it, since it tends to delay showing your last lap time for a few seconds, usually enough that you're close to the braking point for T1.
  20. plate88

Premium
    O-H-I-O
    PSN:plate88

I really hope its NOT a fixed set series. That just might ruin the Caddy for me unless iRacing comes up with better sets. Lets just hope its open setup. This car is awesome when you can make it your own.
  21. zedfonsie

united states

Now that summer is close, I'm going to start planning my computer build again. This time with a bigger budget!

How much fps would a i5-2500k paired with a evga gtx 560ti get?
  22. Nastradamus87

Canada Canada
    PSN:nastradamus87

I have an i7-2600k and 560ti. I've locked my FPS to 165 and rarely (if ever) see it drop below that. My i7 is OC'd to 3.7 GHz and I have most graphical settings maxed (no shadow volumes, high mirror detail, and depth of field).
  23. RobJackson85

England
    PSN:RobJackson85

As iRacing is now, very CPU heavy this will be fine. I have an i5 running stock and used to have a 9800gt and averaged 60ish FPS. An gtx 560 will easily give you decent FPS with no stutter.
  24. left888

Premium
    Canada Alberta

That will work fine, would you consider getting triple screens? I would look at the new GTX 680, one card, 3 screens.

BTW, love the elbow mr peace threw in your avatar (lol)
  25. smuffyatfcp

United Kingdom Hampshire
    PSN:smuffyatfcp

I have a few questions about iRacing

First off would my laptop run it?
    Processor: Intel® Core ™ i3 CPU M370 @ 2.40 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 3.00GB
    System type: 64-bit Operating system

How much is each track/car?

Is it only in $?

What are the licences?

What are the ratings? And what effect do they have?

What are the popular series?

Should you focus on one series?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, as I have been looking at this sim for a while.
  26. Jav

Jav

Tha makes 2 of us! I really dislike that track!

Congratz to Swift on the TT championship! Well done!
  27. Eric.

Premium
    United States

I stopped reading at "laptop". Short answer - no. Laptops do not do gaming.

$11.95-14.95
    Well, you can't pay in bananas or anything but Paypal automatically converts to other currencies, if that's what you mean.

Licenses allow you to run a higher level series. Range from Rookie, D, C, B, A, Pro.

Short answer - iRating is your driver skill and is used to match you with competitive drivers. Safety Rating is how many incidents you incur and are directly related to licences.

Skip Barber, MX5, Prototypes, GT, most oval series, Mustang, probably the Cadillac.

To get the most out of it, focusing on a couple cars is best. You get your money's worth better that way, for example graduating from Rookie and deciding to only run the Skip Barber for a season instead of everything you have access to. Then you have the next season to look forward to trying something new, rather than buying every car from the start and trying to play like its Gran Turismo...you'll get bored.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, as I have been looking at this sim for a while.[/QUOTE]
  28. zedfonsie

united states

I don't plan on going triple screens anymore as they a a lot of space and will not be on my mind for a long time.

The elbow was a "accident" ;)
  29. Roush_fan_99

United States WA
    PSN:Roush_fan_99

I have a 1 year old dell XPS 17 laptop with an i5 and I lock my FPS to 100 and at the worst of times it'll drop to about 70 ish but most of the time it's within 5 FPS of my 100 FPS cap at road courses but ovals don't budge off 100

So no I wouldn't recommend running your laptop either, much lower and it becomes tough to drive and with other cars it may be 70 FPS one minute and be 30 the next

Road courses are $15, small ovals are $12 and cars are $12 for the most part, you can probably convert the currency, I'm not sure about europe
  30. superbike81

You gotta watch Twitter for the latest. Steve Myers said last week it will be fixed setup. It has also been said there will be a fixed setup for each track. So we won't be using the baseline.

Seems many people dislike Infineon but I like it. Lots of elevation changes and a couple blind hills as well as it being a fairly interesting layout IMO makes it exciting.
Next Page »