iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Ive been wanting to pick up VIR for awhile now but its yet to show up on any series that i run.
I am really disappointed that the only series racing it this season is the Spec Racer Ford. I got a 2nd and a 3rd when Proto GT went there season 4 2013 in the Ford GT. Those uphill esses to Oak tree are my favorite section of any race track. It's fast too. The DP hits 170+ in 2 different places. Hog Pen is one of the most difficult corners I've navigated on the service as well.

On a more positive note: GT3 heads to Mosport for season 2 :) I was a perfect 2 for 2 in the Ford GT season 4 2013 Proto GT. I am really strong there no matter what I'm racing.

I am really disappointed that the only series racing it this season is the Spec Racer Ford. I got a 2nd and a 3rd when Proto GT went there season 4 2013 in the Ford GT. Those uphill esses to Oak tree are my favorite section of any race track. It's fast too. The DP hits 170+ in 2 different places. Hog Pen is one of the most difficult corners I've navigated on the service as well.

On a more positive note: GT3 heads to Mosport for season 2 :) I was a perfect 2 for 2 in the Ford GT season 4 2013 Proto GT. I am really strong there no matter what I'm racing.
Im really happy with the Proto schedule for S2, wish VIR was in instead of Silverstone which i refuse to buy since its so outdated. GT3 series isnt to bad but i want some of the drugs they are using since it must be some amazing stuff for them to think Brands Hatch Indy was a good idea.

Im really happy with the Proto schedule for S2, wish VIR was in instead of Silverstone which i refuse to buy since its so outdated. GT3 series isnt to bad but i want some of the drugs they are using since it must be some amazing stuff for them to think Brands Hatch Indy was a good idea.
Maybe they're making it the Brands Hatch Indy 500 GT3 style with banked turns, draft, and crazy drivers. :lol:

I also won't get Silverstone until it's updated. I'm also glad to see Mid-O well represented in series this season

url

Does this look strikingly similar? :D

Ive got to stay away from the lower class road series, my SR falls like a brick down there, in the 3 ruf cup races ive done my SR has dropped a full point. That or montreal is just a killer and one tap of the wall destroys your car.

Last edited:
Yeah, more from a iRacing standpoint than a user base stand point though. iRacing seems really really excited about it. Where the users seem to be excited and or not excited.

That's no different then any other track, some folks like them or they don't. Some tracks will fit your driving style and others won't. There are tracks that were in the Grand AM Series that for the life of me I didn't understand why some people loved them while I thought they were terrible, go figure eh :D

So I just bought a month sub after not playing for about a year and a half. If I like it enough I'll have to keep playing and maybe get the Ruf if it's good.

Joined a hosted practice session at Suzuka in the SR8 based on our NW club race. A guy named Dmitry started giving me pointers and I dropped about 3 seconds with his help. I was running anywhere from 2:02 to 2:03 and I got down into the high 1:59 to low 2:00 laps. I have to say that I think Suzuka is underrated at least around me because I don't remember the last time I ran Suzuka and it's a blast! It's really cool to get help like that from people like that, he ran a 1:56.668 and I think the session was fixed setup based on the set we use in the league for the season.

Ive got to stay away from the lower class road series, my SR falls like a brick down there, in the 3 ruf cup races ive done my SR has dropped a full point. That or montreal is just a killer and one tap of the wall destroys your car.
I can't stand Montreal, and the Ruf cup from the outside looking in, seems like the street stock of road especially in the lower splits

I did end up running proto there as it is one of my favorites. The wasn't the much crashing to be honest. I think I finished 2nd in the only race I did on Sunday :D

Getting pretty annoyed with iracing, apart from the the and Grand Touring cup race I can get in the Jetta it just seems like all everybody races outside of rookie is GT3 and RUF Cup.

Last week of the season + Easter weekend coming up, not much to be expected.
Didn't realize it was the last week of the season. That means its week 13 next week. :indiff: Normally for me week 13 is horrible for any good racing. Most every race their is only the top 2 or 3 drivers left. Most everyone else just leave after the first couple laps and the few left once you pass them they will leave also.

I'm trying to get whatever official racing in this week. Next week is hosted and 24 hours of fun only. Official races on week 13 is a nightmare.

I'm trying to get whatever official racing in this week. Next week is hosted and 24 hours of fun only. Official races on week 13 is a nightmare.

I don't understand, what's the deal with week 13? Is safety rating not affected or something lol.

It's just an off week between seasons, usually a couple of official series to help with SR and IR for promotions but mostly racing for fun.

I WON! it was a hosted session at Bathurst with the Ruf - AWD, RWD, and track, V8S, and SLM. I shared my setup (the guy in the black car didn't find it until after the race, and was a lap down), there were only the three SLM cars with several rufs and a few v8s. I spun and smacked the wall on lap 1 avoiding a mess on the last up hill left hander on top of the mountain and pitted twice the other guy pitted once but he really slowed up just to make it a fun last two laps, he was a little faster than me but we had a blast racing each other. the guy in the black car spun and decided to race us in reverse across the finish :lol: it was pretty hilarious.

Back