iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
My 2.4. 2nd split , I'd moved up 8 places from a pit start , looking good for at least a mid pack finish I thought

:ill:

(Language warning at 1.07 , someone else was also having a bad time!)

It may just be the fact that I come and go from IRacing quite often, but why don't we set up a few GTP races between the guys here on GTP? With different cars and tracks each race that we normally wouldn't use. Just for fun a friendly competition. I think it would be a fun change to do.

It may just be the fact that I come and go from IRacing quite often, but why don't we set up a few GTP races between the guys here on GTP? With different cars and tracks each race that we normally wouldn't use. Just for fun a friendly competition. I think it would be a fun change to do.
Some DW12 road races would be fun!

Well my 2.4 couldve gone a little better, about halfway through i spun and hit the wall but the car didnt feel hurt at all, was just down on straightline speed. Ended up finishing where i qualified 7th, could gotten into the top 5 if i wouldnt have spun.

I believe Jav tried to start a GTP league but i don't know what happened to it, I joined iRacing after. Me & supernasty are always throwing up fun rooms, I'll try posting them more often.

EDIT: I'm actually throwing one up now if anyone is interested. Mx-5's @ Watkins Cup.

Last edited:
I was placed in the 2nd split, I didn't qualify so I was gridded 34th of 38. I didn't have the pace to match most of the field (I pretty much felt like I was the only entry in the gentlemen trophy class :P) so I decided to just take it easy and run a consistent pace. I ended up 19th so I can't complain. Fun race, much tougher than the last "enduro" at Daytona in my opinion, Spa is such a challenging track.

All this time and I still haven't figured out how to know what split I'm placed in, how do you figure it out?

Before the race, there's no real way of knowing unless you know some of the top guys in your race are super high iRatings. After the race, on the home page, hover over the events tab and click on Results. Once that has loaded, find the result sheet for the race that you wanted to check and click the red "R" to the right of the race. A new tab/page should open with the results sheet where near the top it will say splits, you can then hover over that and the session ID with the asterisk (*) next to it is the split that you were placed in.

No problem guys, thx for coming out.
No problem! Donington is a lot of fun. Good flow. I think the Star Mazda would be great there or even something like the DW12. If we're that close already, the advanced Mazda cup may be getting me as a participant.

Also, thanks to @Silver-Sylph for the Mid-O setup for the DW12. The Keyhole, thunder alley, and the last corner are actually drivable now :lol: I got a 1.10 flat on race fuel not using P2P

All this time and I still haven't figured out how to know what split I'm placed in, how do you figure it out?

Another way to do this during warm up is to alt-tab / minimise out of the sim back to your browser. Open a new window or tab to the home page , then click on "watch" as you would if you were going to spectate.
Scroll down to the series or event you have joined and hover over the helmet icon of each split until you find the one you are in. I believe the top split is always at the top of the list.

That's if you really need to know before the race has started. I prefer to check setup , fuel level and do some driving :)

Another way to do this during warm up is to alt-tab / minimise out of the sim back to your browser. Open a new window or tab to the home page , then click on "watch" as you would if you were going to spectate.

Thanks, I didn't know about alt + tab, learned something new 👍

In other news, I ran the NW Majors 2.4 of spa but not the road warrior. Towards the end we had a three man battle for 11th that was a blast for 3 or 4 laps, a fast lap downer split us all up but on the full throttle left turn before the bus stop he went a little over the curb and I went all the way off around him and completed the pass just before the grass and went on to the bus stop. It was pretty intense those last few laps.

Last edited:
Hosting an Advanced Mazda Cup Practice Race @ Daytona Road(Which is Week 1). Rob, Bill & myself will be admin'n to keep it clean, Hopefully we can fill the lobby. Come out & Have some fun :).

Currently the site is unresponsive for me. Was ok a minute ago. Prob gonna be up-n-down for a few days, similar to the past two seasons.

Back