iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Why would you need to see the H-shifter? Do you look at it while driving your real car? I certainly do not. Other peripherals may be an issue for some, but I have none of those. I'm gonna have to install some kind of voice control for Fboxes, and get some contact lenses (not a fan of using the DK2 in my glasses), but otherwise I'm certainly gonna try racing in DK2.

Yes but you also need to remember that there is a shifter in the virtual car that you will be reaching for because that's what your seeing. So while racing in the heat of the battle that's what you will be reaching for, not where your actual shifter is. Where that shifter sits will vary widely from car to virtual car.
Simple, w/o specifically looking for one (which you shouldn't) you won't see your shifter in the sim.

I'd like to try the rift out for racing but low res still keeps me away from it. I dont see peripherals being a problem, when i drive my car in the middle of the night i cant see my shifter at all but i still manage to find it without looking at it easy.

I guess the New FGT is just the GT2 with new mirrors and wing slapped on :irked:

Last edited:
Almost.

"The seasons will not line up exactly with the calendar because for example we do not want to be deploying builds over the holidays and on New Year's Eve.

The seasons will instead end about two or weeks before each calendar quarter end. Roughly March 15, June 15, Sept 15, and December 15. (Again not exactly those days).

I think with this schedule loosely following the calendar quarters it will be easier to understand and a little less awkward."

So i guess 2015 Season 1 will actually begin in the middle of December 2014? That's totally less awkward :lol:

Seems like they started early today with the deployment, it's been down since before 7AM EST. I know it is a huge build, but for some reason it just doesn't feel like it...

No real head tracking tho, bummed.

It still has head tracking just not in the way a game like Assetto Corsa has. It's essentially the same as we had in DK1, I was fortunate to not experience any drift with my DK1, but I know many people did, so that worries me, I guess we'll know soon though.

But the way David Tucker made it sound, is that there weren't any problems getting positional tracking working, they simply ran out of time to deploy it with the build. So *maybe* (hopefully) they can release it as a incremental update in a week or two instead of waiting 6 weeks for the next build.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the potential for drift, but I'm excited none the less to get back to racing.

Jav
Seems like they started early today with the deployment, it's been down since before 7AM EST. I know it is a huge build, but for some reason it just doesn't feel like it...
I thought I read that it was supposed to start @ 0100 and last 5 hours.

Tried my DK2. Not too impressed. Should be good for lapping the Ring, otherwise I'll probably stick to my triples for racing.

Jav
It worked for me for a bit...
I have I Racing on 2 computers. I was able to start the downloading on one.
But now I can't get to the members site on my game computer.
I can't remember a build ever taking 10 hours.

I have I Racing on 2 computers. I was able to start the downloading on one.
But now I can't get to the members site on my game computer.
I can't remember a build ever taking 10 hours.
This is Iracing we are talking about, they never know how long anything is going to take.

It's a big build, we have to be patient.

F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,

Latest Posts

Back