iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
That must suck then :lol:

It's actually more fun than a car that you can just mash the throttle. Most of those cars that have the ability to just mash the throttle before the end of the corner tend to bring in understeer, which is never any fun. Understeer is quite terrifying compared to oversteer in real life. With a car where you have to constantly balance the throttle, the rear is constantly dancing around. It's great, what I imagine driving a pre 90's Formula 1 car was like. If you watch and listen to any of my Auto GP onboard videos (YouTube Channel) you'll notice that full throttle happens just before the end of the corner.

After 3 days of trying to make a setup with the Holden and i was finnaly getting somewhere then someone posted a setup and i tried it and was immediately 6 tenths up, oh well :guilty: But on the bright side im in the 1.32s at Okayama.

Last edited:
Ugh, this has been a frustrating week so far, I get very little time to actually race, and both times so far this week that I've actually had an hour or so to sit down and race I get the same problem others have been having, no sessions will appear in the box, just says loading. It works fine when I can't race, but just my luck, when I can race, it won't load. *sigh* :)

Actually got it to work!

Joined a Indy fixed race, on the pace lap, right across from the pits, outside lane decides to check up, accordion effect, crash, guy flies over into my lane (inside lane) and knocks me head on into the edge of the pit wall, too much damage we're done. 5 or 6 cars had similar fates. Oh how I missed you iRacing. LOL.

Actually got it to work!

Joined a Indy fixed race, on the pace lap, right across from the pits, outside lane decides to check up, accordion effect, crash, guy flies over into my lane (inside lane) and knocks me head on into the edge of the pit wall, too much damage we're done. 5 or 6 cars had similar fates. Oh how I missed you iRacing. LOL.
Anyone got a pic of The Stig facepalming?

Well I've done 5 bottom split GT3 races so far and all of them have been incident free. I've gone from a B2.47 to a B3.92.

Is this the real life?

It's been awhile since I really drop the trucks after a week 13 mess, but the trucks went from stable/tight to loose at Texas, I'm sucking it up there this week no matter what I do. I can't figure out where I'm losing time though, I know getting into 3 is iffy for me it seems as if you don't hit it right then you push up through the corner or slow.

Guys be sure to check out racespot tv tomorrow (on youtube I think) for iRacing's first 24hr race, The 24 Hours of Spa on RaceSpot TV. Broadcast starts at 16:30GMT and the race starts at 17:00GMT. (Incase you're wondering...) I'll be in the Fenix Motorsports HPD with Andre Martins, Joris Thielen, Jose Almeida, and myself. Hope to see you there!

Guys be sure to check out racespot tv tomorrow (on youtube I think) for iRacing's first 24hr race, The 24 Hours of Spa on RaceSpot TV. Broadcast starts at 16:30GMT and the race starts at 17:00GMT. (Incase you're wondering...) I'll be in the Fenix Motorsports HPD with Andre Martins, Joris Thielen, Jose Almeida, and myself. Hope to see you there!

You'll be in good hands for sure! Andre Martins is very quick and very safe!

Not sure. I couldn't complete a race-long stint w/o crashing. The car is a handful at the end.
Not sure what races are there tomorrow, Euro SOF?
Theres the Americas race tonight in about 30min. Then theres another one tomorrow at 2:15gmt i think. I dont know if there is a Euro SOF race yet.

I did 1 race with a small grid and did fine the first 10 laps then it dropped off a cliff and i starting sinking into mid 34s

EDIT: A bit disappointed with the race. Cant really call it America's when 90% of the field is aussies and its on an Aussie server 👎. Ended up getting stuck behind someone for the whole race because it was litterly impossible to pass with his car jumping all over the place.

Last edited:
Not enough Americans for the top split :(. Yesterday's race was on the US server, and it is likely to stay that way. Friday evening our time is Saturday morning Aussie time, cannot expect them not to jump in.
Also, check out GV8 League on Tuesday nights. You'd have plenty of competition. I'm probably gonna attend it too, schedule permitting.

Well, my first race back started well but, then some damage really ruined my race. Was leading to half way when I got some damage from another driver unexpectedly running a different line than me. Then I just really didn't have the pace and had to settle for P4.

Pretty cool that Scott McLaughlin is racing, I remember being in an MX5 practice session with Chaz Mostert along time ago but back then i didnt follow V8 supercars as close as i do now so i didnt know of him at the time.

Back