iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
Was looking around Google for inspiration when a concept of the BTCC BMW came up in white. thought I'd test it on my Z4

Also in charcoal grey. Cant see to much difference between that and black.

Was also thinking of starting my own showroom type thing on the iRacing forums, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Was looking around Google for inspiration when a concept of the BTCC BMW came up in white. thought I'd test it on my Z4

Was also thinking of starting my own showroom type thing on the iRacing forums, what do you guys think?

That's some nice work there...very well done!

As for starting your own showroom...I'd say go for it...as long as there's enough interest from other racers...

I'm assuming you'd charge a small fee for doing such a job?

Looks very good 👍 Keep it going and see where your showroom gets you :D

Z4 looks great!

Sneak preview of my next car

Sucks about having a number on the roof, would there be a way of removing it during a race ect?

Finally got around to getting a Gen-6 painted. Simple, but I like it

x3iuf5.png

Need to clean up the line a bit as it doesn't quite match up with the rear bumper, but meh.

Not sure what was going on early but wouldn't let me post pics.

Anyway here are a couple new paint schemes a buddy did for me for my Toyota gen 6 and SLM. Been forever since I had any new paints since I don't do any painting myself.

New paint, Mazda MX-5 cup. The design is loosely based off of Edoardo Mortara's DTM livery. Instead of having "Audisport Performance Cars" on the side, I put "Mazdaspeed performance cars". Tried to do the red/grey/black transition spikes on the rear quarter, but that was way too hard, and all my efforts looked terrible. I'm still learning as I go along though, so my paints will probably start to get more detailed.

10656.jpg

iRacingSim%202012-09-18%2023-08-03-40_zps68719901.jpg
Nailed it

You cant paint cars with the free version of TP, but you can with Gimp, TP is free to run, but not paint.$20 for the upgrade to paint.
So all i need to do is run the free version of trading paints in the background to have my car seen and see others???

What exactly do you use Illustrator for, logos? Ive never tried it but i might in the future.

I mainly use Illustrator because I really don't like the pen tool in Photoshop. It's not 100% the same, and I had done a lot of Vector drawings throughout High School. But, mainly I draw my lines and my logo's all through Illustrator and then port them to Photoshop, where I add color layers and such.

Back