iRacing Pro series discussions

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by marchi, Mar 24, 2012.

1. marchi

PSN:marchi-91

Away from the General thread.

Seems to me that a **** storm is brewing in the Nascar Pro Series. From the race at Vegas, Towler pretty much stated in the forum that it was becoming a waste of time because they were bringing in too many fast guys that can't run in packs, or have very little care for the people around them.

I don't know how well he's liked in the community, but looking at the last race at Chicago land, the amount of silly mistakes was ridiculous. I think it was Mad who said at some point last season that it was ridiculous that pro series drivers have so many incidents, and Chicago dead set looked like a Rookie race.
  2. sandboxgod

United States Texas
    PSN:sandboxgod

Just curious how exactly does one get into the Pro series for both Road/Oval? I tried scouring the iRacing FAQ. I'm assuming it just requires some insanely high iRating
  3. borman48

Medford, WI, USA

Ridiculously high Irating, and I believe that you have to have a good finish on points in A class (or some other series? Not sure off the top of my head anymore) And the Nascar pro series has been bad lately. Other than Daytona I think all the races have had more than 10 cautions. They've reached the point that watching makes me NOT want to race, which is probably not what they want.
  4. Mad94d

Premium
    Australia Sydney
    PSN:GTP_mad94d

You need to finish top 10 in the Class A series (F1 and/or NASCAR Class A) in seasons 1, 2 or 3. Pro series takes place in season 4.

Basically though, to have make top split and get the points required in these series' you need about a 4000 irating for road and 4500-5000 for oval.
  5. danilc1007

Spain Cuenca, Spain
    PSN:GTro_danilc1007

Road races have been good so far. Maybe because Derek Wood decided to not take part in lol (not anymore, he's been suspended from both oval and road series)

In Zandvoort only 5 drivers DNF'd out of 29 (one of them was me :grumpy: ).
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  6. superbike81

United States Japan / Seattle

Remember, the Pro Series is different than what we are seeing now, which is the iRacing World Championship.

But for the World Championship:

These last two NASCAR series races have been a complete joke. It's like watching a bunch of rookies race Legends.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  7. waynz

Premium
    Australia Frankston Sth, VIC
    PSN:TORC_Waynz

It's easy to point the finger from the other side of the fence. But they know they are being watched which adds massive amounts of pressure.

Comparing the cautions to the real world racers and there not much more. You can not honestly say that some of the moves the real pro's do are .. 'questionable' :lol:
  8. swiftwilly

Premium
    Australia
    PSN:swiftwilly

Why is he suspended?
  9. danilc1007

Spain Cuenca, Spain

Disrespectful behaviour. I've heard a lot of complaints about him and his oval season was being a bit wreckful I think :ouch:

PS: Third round of the road DWC in 22 hours. Hope some of you watch the race at http://www.iracing.com/live :), and hope I can get at least a top 15, it's gonna be damn hard.
  10. sandboxgod

United States Texas

Good luck! :dopey:
  11. sandboxgod

United States Texas

Grats danilc1007 on finishing 13th. It must take a lot of effort to compete in those championships!
  12. Jav

Jav
    United States OrlandoFL GMT-5
    PSN:GTP__Jav

Definitely a strong showing by Dani! Condratz man! Well done!
  13. superbike81

Yup, 13th in the top tier isn't anything to be ashamed of at all. Must be fun (and nerve-wracking!) to be in those races. Congrats.

Also, not that he's on these forums, but congrats to Greger for his win.
  14. Jav

Jav

He definitely pulled that win out of his bag of tricks!
  15. swiftwilly

Premium
    Australia

grats danil, good race.
  16. danilc1007

Spain Cuenca, Spain

Thank you guys. I couldn't match my pace in practice neither in qualy nor race but I could get some very good points home :)

Next round Sebring... never had good performance there, but we'll see!
  17. sandboxgod

United States Texas

Thanks for letting us know about the race btw. I really enjoyed watching it. PSRTV also had a competition to win $25 iRacing credits for the best 'tweet' but unfortunately someone else had won it.
  18. Niexist

United States San Diego, CA
    PSN:Neixist

They need to give those guys like 3 cars for the entire season, and if they wreck all 3 they're done for the season, they wreck so much in the ovals...
  19. danilc1007

Spain Cuenca, Spain

[​IMG]

:D:D

I wasn't wrong. Lap 10-11 I think it was...

A roadie won the race at the end. Congrats to Jake Stergios :)
  20. superbike81

The races last year weren't this bad. I don't know what it is, but this new crop of DWC oval drivers are doing something wrong. These races are hilarious.
  21. Nastradamus87

Canada Canada
    PSN:nastradamus87

I watched until the first caution (lap 10-11). Doesn't catch my interest too much.
  22. marchi

PSN:marchi-91

Seems to be a general theme that the NTM has killed iracing for ultra competitive? In pursuit of perfection, sometimes developers need to take a step back and think, is this what our users want? You can sometimes try and be too perfect and it can kill the natural character of something.
  23. sandboxgod

United States Texas

Road f1 seemed clean too me. I dont recall very many mess ups

No idea bout Nascar tho
  24. danilc1007

Spain Cuenca, Spain

Tonight Okayama. High degradation in tyres since last release. Should be fun!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  25. danilc1007

Spain Cuenca, Spain

12th position. Very ok for me xD

Greger was collected by Luke so Hugo is the new leader of the champ :-/
  26. swiftwilly

Premium
    Australia

I watched it. Unfortunate for Hutu seriously.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  27. moes996

United States Three Rivers
    PSN:moes996

That was a good race last night on a tight track. Too bad about Hutu.

Congrats on 12th Danilc!
  28. danilc1007

Spain Cuenca, Spain

29. Jav

Jav

30. sandboxgod

United States Texas

Sorry you got wrecked out Dan. When I tuned in it looked like a pile up already occurred at the beginning. Hugo Luis went down too I saw. Huttu is probably back in the lead again now
Next Page »