iRacing Videos (POST THEM HERE!)

Yeah, that blue Jetta should have held the inside line for sure instead of using the whole track. Especially at the start of the race, you can't use the whole track if you are mid-pack simply because there are too many other cars around you, so you have to be extra aware of what's going on around you.

swiftwilly
Bah! no takers on my video? Maybe I should get FRAPS :( I know its not very easy when its simply in .rpy form

Ya I went to watch it, I downloaded and everything was ready to go, and I hit the file link in iracing replays and guess what..... "You must first purchase the skip barber and Suzuka"(or whatever track and car it was, I forgot) oh well :lol:

I wish they would make the gauges work on other cars while watching replays, it would make it so much more realistic watching these videos. Watching it stay in "R" the whole time and the timer flashing like an unprogrammed VCR is lame. :(

I wish they would make the gauges work on other cars while watching replays, it would make it so much more realistic watching these videos. Watching it stay in "R" the whole time and the timer flashing like an unprogrammed VCR is lame. :(
I guess it's this way to save bandwidth during races.

I guess it's this way to save bandwidth during races.

its not fair to see when people are pressing the gas and brake(well how hard they are dong both). nothing to do with bandwidth everything to do with realism. i just wish the screen didn't blink. and it was just all white

Wow that looks like that was intentional?! Try reporting that one.

Yeah to get the video to showup you gotta enclose the j9BlmmNDX5c part of your link in YOUTUBE brackets.

sandboxgod
Wow that looks like that was intentional?! Try reporting that one.

Yeah to get the video to showup you gotta enclose the j9BlmmNDX5c part of your link in YOUTUBE brackets.

Cheers for that, will try for my next video.

I was tempted but it was only in the MX5 cup. Still though, his 'excuse' was that he didn't think it counted. I never got a screen shot of the typing though.

Checking his profile and his SR is R0.45! So looks like he is abit of an idiot on a regular basis.

A lot of people for some reason think that incidents after the race don't count. That's only partially true, once the last person crosses the finishing line they don't count, before that they count.

Report him. Seriously, report it.

Yeah for real. That was one of the dumbest if not the dumbest thing I've seen in iracing since joining last august. That guy did that intentional for sure. People that have that mentality shouldn't be on iracing period.

Swoosh! Thought that was going to be about my driving. Still waiting to hear from someone on GTP complaining about me. Ain't never done anything that stupid, yet.

Heres my Suzuka Vid. Was going to add music for the start but meh...this took wayyy too long to make..

I am in the black John Player Special Skip :) I added moments from other drivers too

Swifty that is a great vid. Was fun to watch for real. My only suggestions for next time would be to make sure a little bit more of the close battles you guys had. But then again I think you choose to just focus on the wrecks which worked out great

Can you double check your texture (your car skin) is uploaded to trading paints? Could've sworn I haven't seen it yet. Maybe I need to make sure I have all the Skip Barber skins on my local computer. What a sexy skin!

I wish we had the option to make iRacing look like this. I know it's much easier to add these filters in post video processing than it is in-game, but it would still be cool. iRacing just isn't dirty enough, it's too perfect, the colors are too bright and too saturated, it just doesn't look real. It looks pleasing to the eye of course, but not real.

sandboxgod
Swifty that is a great vid. Was fun to watch for real. My only suggestions for next time would be to make sure a little bit more of the close battles you guys had. But then again I think you choose to just focus on the wrecks which worked out great

Can you double check your texture (your car skin) is uploaded to trading paints? Could've sworn I haven't seen it yet. Maybe I need to make sure I have all the Skip Barber skins on my local computer. What a sexy skin!

I wanted to but the video would of been too long. Maybe I will just load two random laps. Like first 5 or something. While race was only separated by a second or so only until the very end.

Regarding the skin I haven't uploaded it because it's not my work and I don't want too many people using it. You can have a look at the paint thread here and ask the maker to send it to you. Mine is custom made as it has my name on it so not sure if you want mine but I am happy to send.

Regarding the skin I haven't uploaded it because it's not my work and I don't want too many people using it. You can have a look at the paint thread here and ask the maker to send it to you. Mine is custom made as it has my name on it so not sure if you want mine but I am happy to send.

You have to upload the skin to Trading paints so that people that are racing against you can see it.

EDIT: A little montage I made, what do you think?

Last edited:
I wanted to but the video would of been too long. Maybe I will just load two random laps. Like first 5 or something. While race was only separated by a second or so only until the very end.

Yeah you should for sure upload it to trading paints so that everyone else can see your very nice car skin. I am sure that is what the maker intended. He made it just for you however, he is no doubt expecting you to upload it to the server so we can all see his work. That's normally how it works.

All this time when I've been watching your replays and live races I wondered why I could not see your custom skin. I remember you showed us a pic of it earlier

Oh right, I didn't know that. Will do it tonight.

But as I said, it has my name on it so not sure if you still want it sandbox?

Of course, you can drive with my name and I will assume its like a Branding for me haha, you gotta pay royalties to race in a skip with my name!

@Matkap-

I clicked on your V8 video randomly the other day. I liked it so much I went to your channel and watched a few more. Excellent work on those. I really liked watching the HPD races with the three screens.

How did you get those angles for the race.. Did you wear a video device on your head?.. Or did you move the camera around during replay? Either way, a really cool effect.

NEVER SEEN ANYTHING THAT BAD IN MY LIFE! WOW!

legends races are so tense. not due to close racing... but do to the crashes!. cant wait till next season. to bad ill be out of d class by then

superbike, how can you put yourself through this

top split in legends. lol.

Out of the 40 or so Legends races I've ran (normally near the bottom split), I'd say 1/3rd have had someone do something like that. That's a significant amount, but my strategy is just to give people as much room as possible, watch my F3 screen, and listen to my spotter. In that video, even if I was running for the lead, the spotter would have said there was an accident ahead and I would have backed off. In oval races when there is an accident ahead you have two choices, reduce speed for better accident avoidance or keep on the gas and hope the cars don't do anything unpredictable.

Back