Is there a list of all the colours & fonts available for forum messages?

• Thread starter polysmut
  • 13 comments

polysmut

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
  • Changes the color, font, or size of the wrapped text.

Example:
    This is red and blue text.
    This is Courier New text.
    This is small and big text.
    Output:
    This is red and blue text.
    This is Courier New text.
    This is small and big text.

Where can I find a list of the names of the colours and fonts I can use other than "red", "#0000cc" and "Courier New" please?

Edit: Hopefully that's the colours worked out now.

Yeah, that worked, I found out how to use the hex code for colours.

I still can't find a list of all the fonts though.

Last edited:
You can use any font of your choice in your posts as long as you have the *.ttf-file of said font installed on your machine. The thing is, though, that not everyone is going to be able to see every font.

You can use any font of your choice in your posts as long as you have the *.ttf-file of said font installed on your machine. The thing is, though, that not everyone is going to be able to see every font.
Thanks. 👍

*starts looking for more fonts*
do *.OTF files work?

do *.OTF files work?
You can install custom fonts on your own computer, and you'll see the text in that font if you use it. However, for everyone else, the custom font will not be displayed (unless they, too, also have that font installed on their system) and the browser will fall back to a (typically ugly) system font or Times New Roman.

You can install custom fonts on your own computer, and you'll see the text in that font if you use it. However, for everyone else, the custom font will not be displayed (unless they, too, also have that font installed on their system) and the browser will fall back to a (typically ugly) system font or Times New Roman.

Neat. How do I make the texts in my post change to one of the fonts I have installed?

@Jordan, is there going to be a sort of update that adds a basic list of fonts (such as my personal favorite right here) to the post editor menu? It's a bit tedious to always type out the font code myself. :dopey:

(such as my personal favorite right here)
That's the thing with fonts, on my screen your text appears the same as everyone else's
Edit - Now I'm back on my PC and I can see your font!

A font and color selector would be nice, but I suspect that easy access to them has been removed to prevent threads from becoming a riot of colors and various letters & symbols.

I find everything quite easily readable at the moment. 👍

Perhaps the premium members could be allowed access to them. I'm sure that would be an incentive to some. ;)

Last edited:
Back