Is there a list of FITT winners or "best tunes"

United States
Virginia
I know a lot of the tuning Wizards on this site compete for creating the best tunes and was wondering if anyone compiles a list of what people have judged to be the best tunes. I love Dr Praiano's tunes and Johnny P's because their tunes fit (pun intended) my driving style. But with so many other great tuners and tunes out there, it's difficult for me to pick a tune outside of Praiano or Johnny's tunes. With this in mind, if there is a list like this, I'd really appreciate any feedback.

I'm well aware of the database XS has created, and give him mad props for creating and maintaining such an awesome list. But again, it's hard to tell which tunes are good or great vs a tune that I may have just thrown together (though I'm sure all of you can tune better than me). Now that Seasonal Races are back, hopefully they'll start getting more challenging...in which case tunes are going to become essential in beating tough races.

Thanks for the read everyone and hope you're enjoying your summer. I know mine has improved since Germany took down the rest of the Futbol world over the last month:-). My condolences to Brazil fans like Praiano63.

Thanks again!

Many really good FITT tuners, great bunch of guys as well. No real list that I am aware of but that link will show you the first few FITT challenges, there is one current and you can search for the Evo vs STi Challenge. I suggest you read the reviews and try tunes accordingly to judge for yourself. In my opinion, it depends on what you are looking for, @praiano63 and @Motor City Hami are widely respected and considered the top tier tuners. @GTP_CargoRatt and Johnny do good time attack tunes. It is all a matter of opinion, some really good other tuners, such as @xande1959 above who is currently leading in the Viper Strike Challenge.

Last edited:
In the FITT thread, post #4 there is a list of past events and results. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-tuners-and-test-drivers.291311/#post-9017286

Same was the case for GT5. @DigitalBaka has done a nice job at keeping up with listing all of the competition and results.

Something that I have noticed about the recent FITT events is that the results are getting closer to each other. In the past when @CSLACR, @praiano63 and I would enter, we would see posts saying that everyone else is fighting for fourth. The top three would be close in average lap time then a one second gap. Now, the competition is much, much closer. Look at the current Viper competition. I am currently seventh, but only 0.8 seconds off of the leaders average lap time. @Bowtie-muscle is fifth, only 0.4 seconds from the leader.

In my opinion, the current FITT players are some of the best tuners in GT6. They have spent more time thinking about tuning and more time testing every option, than most GT6 players. Noone can discredit that. I am actually happy to be in 7th in the Viper challenge. And I really like my Viper tune, but it shows that a number of current FITT tuners are getting really good. This friendly competition will only make all of us better, including me. After a FITT challenge, I always drive the tunes that placed ahead of me. Looks like I will have more than a couple this time.

I have a ton of respect for people who are willing to have a tuning theory then open a garage and put their work out there for the public to see. Anyone can drive any one of my tunes and like it or not. It doesn't matter to me. I think we need to back up our theories with our work. This is the essence of the FITT tuner, I think.

So to wrap up this long winded response, I suggest that you try tunes from each FITT garage and find a tuner who fits your driving style. My friend Mitch @GTP_CargoRatt learned from my methods, but dislikes most of my tunes. They just don't fit his driving style. But, he got the method of how I got to the tune, added a bit of his thoughts into it and has become very fast and a very good tuner. I am waiting for him to join one of these and kick all of our butts.

In the FITT thread, post #4 there is a list of past events and results. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-tuners-and-test-drivers.291311/#post-9017286

Same was the case for GT5. @DigitalBaka has done a nice job at keeping up with listing all of the competition and results.

Something that I have noticed about the recent FITT events is that the results are getting closer to each other. In the past when @CSLACR, @praiano63 and I would enter, we would see posts saying that everyone else is fighting for fourth. The top three would be close in average lap time then a one second gap. Now, the competition is much, much closer. Look at the current Viper competition. I am currently seventh, but only 0.8 seconds off of the leaders average lap time. @Bowtie-muscle is fifth, only 0.4 seconds from the leader.

In my opinion, the current FITT players are some of the best tuners in GT6. They have spent more time thinking about tuning and more time testing every option, than most GT6 players. Noone can discredit that. I am actually happy to be in 7th in the Viper challenge. And I really like my Viper tune, but it shows that a number of current FITT tuners are getting really good. This friendly competition will only make all of us better, including me. After a FITT challenge, I always drive the tunes that placed ahead of me. Looks like I will have more than a couple this time.

I have a ton of respect for people who are willing to have a tuning theory then open a garage and put their work out there for the public to see. Anyone can drive any one of my tunes and like it or not. It doesn't matter to me. I think we need to back up our theories with our work. This is the essence of the FITT tuner, I think.

So to wrap up this long winded response, I suggest that you try tunes from each FITT garage and find a tuner who fits your driving style. My friend Mitch @GTP_CargoRatt learned from my methods, but dislikes most of my tunes. They just don't fit his driving style. But, he got the method of how I got to the tune, added a bit of his thoughts into it and has become very fast and a very good tuner. I am waiting for him to join one of these and kick all of our butts.

Ok. Thanks for feedback. I have a G27 wheel so I can try out the FITT winners and lost them, then give comments on how they worked for me. Then maybe someone who doesn't use a wheel can try my highest ranking tunes and give their feedback. Driving style is awfully tough to categorize, so I think wheel and non-wheel are the only two divisions we can really analyze. Thanks again guys and gals for all the help!

Ok. Thanks for feedback. I have a G27 wheel so I can try out the FITT winners and lost them, then give comments on how they worked for me. Then maybe someone who doesn't use a wheel can try my highest ranking tunes and give their feedback. Driving style is awfully tough to categorize, so I think wheel and non-wheel are the only two divisions we can really analyze. Thanks again guys and gals for all the help!
I'm sure FITT would be more than happy for you to join in on any future challenges either as a tuner, tester, or both. It's great fun, friendly, and you get a chance to see some of the best tuners and their results. I've only been involved in a few sessions as a tuner, but I always test when I can. I have learned so much just by driving an assortment of tunes from this group and I would recommend it to anyone from the best down to the freshmen, like me (I might be a sophomore now) to give it a shot!:cheers:

^^ Testing FITT events has improved my driving a great deal. I'm not only faster, I can drive a greater variety of cars and tunes faster.

As far as driving styles, @chrisdittmer, most of the testers who have reviewed a FITT event or two (or comparable experience) know what kind of style they have.

At least if the only categories are conservative and aggressive. "Style" is such a subjective word when it comes to driving. I would love to see a thread that breaks down "style" into it's various catagories.

I don't think it would be that hard for the testers to list their "style" as part of their review.

Appreciate the shout out Keith, but I'm really the last person you guys have to worry about in kicking butts. I'm not even close to being in the same league as you guys.....you guys are major league and I'm still in the farm system. :lol: You guys are a very elite group here :bowdown: and I hardly deserve mention along your ranks but I do appreciate the kind words. Keep up the great work, its a great pleasure reading through your guy's threads. F.I.T.T. tuners and testers. :bowdown: :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back